Outsville Order of Tecno-Dud.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Again, this is a customer service thread. I was a FedEx customer and they hid behind their doortag rules to get out of covering anything.

FedEx customer is the shipper. If shipper pays for signature required, they knock, get sig, or if no answer, leave notice and return.

If shipper does not pay for signature required, they leave it at the door. Knocking is not required.

Two separate services with different fees. The shipper dictates which. The shipper is the FedEx customer.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
UPS Chuckle

Now that the thread has side tripped into shipping I will share a chuckle. I was waiting on a custom barrel. It made it to Salt Lake and stuck. It never went any further and UPS was about a cooperative as a constipated grizzly bear!

Finally I called a friend in Salt Lake. I don't know exact numbers but his company does low millions of business a year with UPS and he had been the one negotiating contracts for years. That big of customers don't pay barefoot pilgrim rates.

David always stretched out the negotiations for a week, making the UPS rep wine and dine him every night and most days at lunch. Anyway, my timing was perfect, David was in the middle of negotiations with UPS. Apparently he made it plain that finding the barrel would please him greatly. It arrived on my doorstep two days later. The custom engraved information on the rifle barrel proved it had to be mine.

The funniest part of the story was the tracking. A few days after I got my barrel I checked tracking and it was still in Salt Lake. The last time I checked was about six months later and the barrel was still in Salt Lake. For all I know the tracking may still show the barrel to be in Salt Lake! Apparently with enough heat UPS can give special services.

Hu

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The customer paid a premium price for fast shipping which didn't happen. He has every right to expect the extra costs refunded, paying at most standard shipping rates.

Anything Chris or any business does above the bare minimum is just done for good will. The customer doesn't have a right to expect it but going the extra mile usually pays off for the business. Other than the odd comment about closing the account it seems that Chris has went well above and beyond what he had to do. I do note that his post was in the wee hours of the morning so it might not be as clear as it could be.

Readers of this thread will remember that Outsville took care of business and then some. A few tips and shipping is cheap marketing although I don't think that was Chris's main reason for the way he handled the matter. He has proven to be deserving of the good will the board has for him.

I got a terribly botched order from Atlas. It was so badly botched, about eight out of twelve types of components wrong, I really suspected an angry employee trying to stir grief for the company. Another order for the shelves and to try a new product or two. I called Atlas near the end of a day expecting no problems. I wasn't angry, no big deal. After I got the customer service from hell then I was annoyed. Reported what happened on the cue builders forum mostly as a chuckle.

Everybody told me to talk to one man, he would make things right. Good idea, except that was the man that had been a total jackass. I ate over a hundred dollars of that order and have told the story many a time. Big size doesn't always equal quality service. Most of our suppliers in the pool industry are exceptional, including Atlas usually. I didn't quit doing business with them because of the messed up order, I quit doing business with them because of the messed up customer service. Must have been the end of a bad day for K.

Hu

Actually Hu... What we did was not for some perceived goodwill... It was because of what is right.. We miss order dates.. we lose orders.. We always refund or send extras.. Call it goodwill if you want but I think you mean PR.. Goodwill is quite different but it is part of ACCT102... And yes it's late again and I understand you implied your own ideas of "reasons" for me posting late but sadly I do not get a normal schedule as I am trying to set up sales in Asia and Europe.. 5AM here is quitting time in Taiwan.......

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Reading what isn't there

Actually Hu... What we did was not for some perceived goodwill... It was because of what is right.. We miss order dates.. we lose orders.. We always refund or send extras.. Call it goodwill if you want but I think you mean PR.. Goodwill is quite different but it is part of ACCT102... And yes it's late again and I understand you implied your own ideas of "reasons" for me posting late but sadly I do not get a normal schedule as I am trying to set up sales in Asia and Europe.. 5AM here is quitting time in Taiwan.......

Chris, I didn't infer any reason for you posting late. I only pointed out that you had posted when most people are sleeping. Having suffered from insomnia for about thirty years now I know that we aren't always as clear as we might be when going without sleep. Being a nondrinker and nondoper it didn't cross my mind that you might have been under the influence of anything but lack of sleep at the time.

Pointing out that a post might not have been the clearest in the wee hours didn't have any negative connotations, just the opposite. I dismissed the "closed the account" comment as closing the books on that deal, not as it reads, quitting doing business with the dude because you messed up, twice in my opinion. Overnighting the tips would have done a lot more good than tossing in an extra tip or waiving charges.

We tend to put our own tone on what we read. I recall a surprisingly virulent post you wrote to or about me and then deleted a few years back that indicated a real dislike so I suspect that you tend to read anything I write in the worst light. I don't care about you one way or another so I simply read what is written and was inclined to smooth the waters a little.

Try reading my post you replied to again, without bias this time.

Hu

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damnit.. it's Raining... Errrr Nahh sorry..............

How does the tip compare to Kamui SS Black. Need to retip one of my shafts and curious about trying it?

And this chalk, what is it like too?

Pete