Questions about my new OB cue

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez, I'd shoot some balls with it first. If you love the way it feels/hits/gives feedback, then I wouldn't worry too much about some minor finish marks....unless they are absurdly bad.

Maniac

I would agree with this. Hit it unchalked to see if you like it. Those marks look like a stain problem. Dosnt look like you could feel them.
But only you can decide. There was a previous post that should take care of the problem if you decide to have repaired/replaced.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This morning, I got this email from OB:
I apologize for the delays.

Looks like you emails were going to the junk mail.

We have you cue in the shop being refinished as we didn't have one in stock. I would just sent you a new one.

The complete re-finish will be done by Friday at the latest.

Again, I'm for the delays as we didn't your emails and we have been swamped with the repairs and the new changes.

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my cue back from OB today. No more marks! I will finally get to hit the first ball with my new cue--except now I have a cold (corona virus??!).

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked it up, very nice. What kind of tip do you have on it?

I was shooting with the stock Everest for about 6 weeks. It was ok, but it was not what I wanted in feel. The wood ferrule and a med tip is a little on the soft side. I put on my go to Morri Hard. It really woke it up. It crisper. I'm really liking it.

I never felt the cue was mushy.... like others have described. But that might be to the use of ebony wood, which is a lot denser then maple. And possibly also due to the straight line core. The hard tip really makes for a nice feel in this cue.

Last edited: