Welcome to the new history category

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ahhh...that fresh new forum smell....:D

There are drinks behind the bar, snax in the cabinet and live music in the lounge. Enjoy!

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Nice addition to the forum....gotta love categories, makes everything so much easier to get too.

Now all the stories are going to come right here...sweet indeed

-Grey Ghost-

knifemaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
St Louis Louie

Back in 1974 or early 1975 I went to my first real tournament. It was in Columbia Mo. It was a 14.1 tourney and some of the best was there. Steve Cook, Dick Lane and many others that don't stick out in my mind and of course Louie.
No one would play 9 ball with Louie. He was playing with a Joss that someone on the forum has and showed one time. Louie let me play with it some and it hit the balls great. He seemed real nice but did a lot of barking trying to get a game. He was playing the ghost with NY Blackie don't remember the bet but I do know that Louie put a 16 rack line together and a 20 rack together. It was awesome to see. He did well in the tourney but did not win. I remember someone running over a hundred and Louie run a high of 70 something. I remember Steve Cook played 1 game that had only three innings that he won. I was just starting to play and had the time of my life watching these great players. I did a little side betting and won some and lost some. Being in the military at the time did not leave me a lot to gamble with, but what I did do was fun. Those were the days my friend. There was a lot of gambling and then there was this one young man I don't remember his name. He played great but everyone I talked to said he did not gamble. I know he had some high runs in the 75- 80 range and everyone respected his game too. But no one really barked at him and I guess that was respect too since everyone knew he would not gamble. I made many more tourneys after that a this really got me wanteing to play better after seeing these guys play. Been a good road and a lot of fun, ups and downs.
Just a little history for the memory.
Percy/Knifemaker

steveinflorida

Silver Member
This is, no doubt, one of the best things to happen to AZ since I joined.
It is amazing how knowledgable some of our fellow AZer's are.