i will do this.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Revised Unofficial as hell BCA points list

Corey and Oscar made a big move!!

Does anyone know what other events remain for BCA points besides the US Open?

CURRENT estimated BCA POINTS THROUGH TURNING STONE

1 Johnny Archer 437 + 22.5 = 459.5
2 Corey Deuel 317.5 + 108 = 415.5
3 Oscar Dominguez 276.0 + 126 = 402
4 Shawn Putnam 311.8 + 27 = 338.8
5 Charlie Williams 300.0 + 18 = 318
6 Shane Van Boening 248.3 + 63 = 311.3
7 Charlie Bryant 243.0 + 22 = 265
8 John Schmidt 236.8
9 Dennis Hatch 208.5 + 27 = 235.5
10 Stevie Moore 234.3
11 Rodney Morris 223.5
12 Jeremy Jones 216.5
13 Tony Robles 175.8

2009 TURNING STONE RESULTS (with estimated BCA points awarded based off 2008 points)

1st place Oscar Dominguez 126 points

3rd place Corey Deuel 108

5th place Shane Van Boening 63

13th place Shawn Putnam 27
13th place Dennis Hatch 27

17th place Charlie Bryant 22

17th place Johnny Archer 22

29th place Charlie Williams 18

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

8 John Schmidt 236.8
10 Stevie Moore 234.3
11 Rodney Morris 223.5
12 Jeremy Jones 216.5
13 Tony Robles 175.8

2009 TURNING STONE RESULTS (with estimated BCA points awarded based off 2008 points)

Hey, man, that is very interesting.

I can't wait to see how this plays out! Personally, I'd love to see Oscar on the team. :smile:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member

8 John Schmidt 236.8
10 Stevie Moore 234.3
11 Rodney Morris 223.5
12 Jeremy Jones 216.5
13 Tony Robles 175.8

The US Open is in October or September?

If in October, then it looks like Corey Deuel and Johnny Archer is on the team.

If in September, Oscar needs to perform better than especially Corey Deuel to secure his spot.

I don't know how much points the US Open will give for each place, but I doubt that Shawn Putnam, Charlie Williams and Shane Van Boening will have a chance to get ahead of Oscar, unless Oscar lose early and one of them wins the event.

My guess now is that Johnny Archer and Corey Deuel will be picked based on the BCA ranking, Shane Van Boening and Rodney Morris will be picked by Matchroom. Then it is up to you Americans to vote for last spot, between players such as Strickland, Stevie Moore, Dennis Hatch, Charlie Williams, Oscar Dominguez, John Schmidt etc. (Bartram = etc)

EDIT: Doesn't matter, the players on BCA ranking will be picked after US Open. Matchroom Sports picks will be done in September

Team USA will be made up of the following five players:
1. The No.1 ranked player on the BCA Points List at the conclusion of the US Open on 25th October.
2. The No.2 ranked player on the BCA Points List at the conclusion of the US Open on 25th October.
3. Any player
4. Any player
5. The winner of a 'Mosconi Cup Idol' public vote.

Players 1 & 2 will be announced at the close of the US Open, while players 3 & 4 will be announced in September. Players 3 & 4 will be selected by Matchroom Sport.

Last edited:

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member

8 John Schmidt 236.8
10 Stevie Moore 234.3
11 Rodney Morris 223.5
12 Jeremy Jones 216.5
13 Tony Robles 175.8

I am pretty sure the US Open is the last points tourney before the team is formed.

Travis Bickle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, how many folks knew there'd be a vote for the last spot? I can think of one guy who must have known and might be stirring the pot a little for his cause.:D Can't think of anyone better to vote for at the moment, either.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty sure the US Open is the last points tourney before the team is formed.

That is a very good point, Majic. In fact, I do wonder when the cutoff time is for the Team USA to have the players' names selected. I do know it is usually well in advance of the event.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
The US Open is in October or September?

If in October, then it looks like Corey Deuel and Johnny Archer is on the team.

If in September, Oscar needs to perform better than especially Corey Deuel to secure his spot.

I don't know how much points the US Open will give for each place, but I doubt that Shawn Putnam, Charlie Williams and Shane Van Boening will have a chance to get ahead of Oscar, unless Oscar lose early and one of them wins the event.

My guess now is that Johnny Archer and Corey Deuel will be picked based on the BCA ranking, Shane Van Boening and Rodney Morris will be picked by Matchroom. Then it is up to you Americans to vote for last spot, between players such as Strickland, Stevie Moore, Dennis Hatch, Charlie Williams, Oscar Dominguez, John Schmidt etc. (Bartram = etc)

EDIT: Doesn't matter, the players on BCA ranking will be picked after US Open. Matchroom Sports picks will be done in September

Team USA will be made up of the following five players:
1. The No.1 ranked player on the BCA Points List at the conclusion of the US Open on 25th October.
2. The No.2 ranked player on the BCA Points List at the conclusion of the US Open on 25th October.
3. Any player
4. Any player
5. The winner of a 'Mosconi Cup Idol' public vote.

Players 1 & 2 will be announced at the close of the US Open, while players 3 & 4 will be announced in September. Players 3 & 4 will be selected by Matchroom Sport.

The US Open is Oct 18-24 and IS the last BCA points event for MCup tabulations. From post #115:

For points perspective, the 2008 US Open gave 189 BCA points to the winner, and 162, 135 & 108 for 2nd thru 4th respectively. I do not know points breakdowns on other remaining BCA point events.

That's a ton of points still on the table, so NO ONE is clinched yet!

The pressure, the pressure... How'd you'd like taking an 8 footer straight in for the US Open title AND a MCup berth?! Shake much? :D

No doubt John Schmidt is a huge fan favorite and has a great chance at the "2009 Mosconi Cup Idol" voting award. :thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The US Open is Oct 18-24 and IS the last BCA points event for MCup tabulations. From post #115:

For points perspective, the 2008 US Open gave 189 BCA points to the winner, and 162, 135 & 108 for 2nd thru 4th respectively. I do not know points breakdowns on other remaining BCA point events.

That's a ton of points still on the table, so NO ONE is clinched yet!

The pressure, the pressure... How'd you'd like taking an 8 footer straight in for the US Open title AND a MCup berth?! Shake much? :D

No doubt John Schmidt is a huge fan favorite and has a great chance at the "2009 Mosconi Cup Idol" voting award. :thumbup:

Is Mosconi Cup going to have a public poll, or should we create one here?

I remember one year the BCA asked for the public to vote on who they wanted to get in. Earl Strickland won by THOUSANDS of votes, hands down. Yet, he was not selected by the BCA that year.

If there is a public voting process, I hope it is transparent, so we can all see what's happening! :p

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Matchroom picks the first 2 in Sept, others follow

I didn't catch the timing of the picks 1st time around. Matchroom picks before the BCA points are tallied.

From Roy's post #113:

Players 1 & 2 will be announced at the close of the US Open, while players 3 & 4 will be announced in September. Players 3 & 4 will be selected by Matchroom Sport...

On that basis, Matchroom Sport will be using a public vote to select the final member of the American team. Taking place on www.matchroompool.com , a short list will be compiled and will then be thrown open to a public vote!

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
From Roy's post #113:

Players 1 & 2 will be announced at the close of the US Open, while players 3 & 4 will be announced in September. Players 3 & 4 will be selected by Matchroom Sport...

On that basis, Matchroom Sport will be using a public vote to select the final member of the American team. Taking place on www.matchroompool.com , a short list will be compiled and will then be thrown open to a public vote!

thanks for the repost for all the people that don't read all the posts or simply post for the sake of posting.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On that basis, Matchroom Sport will be using a public vote to select the final member of the American team. Taking place on www.matchroompool.com , a short list will be compiled and will then be thrown open to a public vote![/I]

Very nice, indeed. This will be a first!

I wonder how many names will be on the Team USA list for the public vote. How do they get nominated?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
...How do they get nominated?

I'm guessing you gotta snorkel upon the Matchroom teat.:shocked2:

J/K!!!!

I'd like to believe the list will include the top performing players plus a couple fan faves that put meat in the seats.

Anyone have an inside line with Matchroom/Barry Hearn?

(It's shrouded in mystery.... Oooooohhhhh)

John S., did you send a Christmas card to Barry last year??? ;)

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i feel ya

First off, I'd be surprised if Earl is ever booted from the team. True, he creates dissension on the US team and is even shunned by other team members. But I've been to two of the recent Mosconi Cups in Vegas, and all you have to do is see how the European fans love to "interact" with him. It's a complete love/hate fest between Earl and the Europeans. For the Cup, particularly for TV in Europe, Earl is a must.

So that leaves you the public vote, and if you're going to ask for support from those here, I think you should be upfront about your physical condition.

It's already been mentioned here a couple of times -- so I don't think I'm letting the cat out of the bag -- so what is going on with your arm, or collar bone, and what is the prognosis, given the Mosconi Cup is just a few months away?

Personally, I think you'd be a great addition to the team. I just think you've taken an ill advised approach here, because Earl is, for all intents and purposes, already on the team.

Lou Figueroa

im fine.you know i broke my arm when i was 12,had stitches many times from sports.i played competitive,baseball,soccer,softball,bmx racing,golf,dirt biking etc.
been injured many times and broke bones doing all those things.so yeah i am fine. 2 months ago i got banged up a little but am playing again no problem.
actually taking a little break has made me want to practice and compete again so all in all it could turn out better for me.

frankly im not thrilled that you are bringing up collar bones,broken arm etc when thats all fine.thats the kinda rumor that could make people write me off and think im messed up or something.
no hard feeling but if i thought i couldnt play right or could hurt the team i wouldnt have started this thread.

another reason ive went off on earl is because obcues treats me great and treats me like family and like i matter.im thrilled to be sponsored by them.

earl has on many occasion publicly badmouthed obcues. hes mad because they wont sponsor him.

royce and all the people at obcues have too much class to even worry about it.

so i have my reasons about earl . thing is the mosconi cup used too be the teams got same amount win or lose. thats not the case anymore so now team usa is sick of earl.

i understand matchroom might get him for rating and i respect that .whatever they do i feel is a gift for us broke poolplayers and myself and the other guys are thankful they have the cup whoever they invite.

trust me though each side wants to win because its 20,000 per player to win and 10,000 to lose.

good luck to both sides whether earl or i are on the team or not thank you matchroom for doing it its good for pool and 5 usa poolplayers whoever they are.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
So, how many folks knew there'd be a vote for the last spot? I can think of one guy who must have known and might be stirring the pot a little for his cause.:D Can't think of anyone better to vote for at the moment, either.

Honestly, given that John has not actually put in the time and effort of late into the game, by his own admission spending more time on his dirt bikes, I can think of afew. I would say Oscar, Deuel, Archer, SVB these are 4 obvious for sure choices for the team, so you are left with 1 spot.

Earl is going to get a spot, Matchroom sports knows he is the show, I am not sure I agree with him being their every single year of late based on attitude and his showings in other events (in the MC he actually pulls his weight normally) but Matchroom wants people in the seats and entertainment and all the crap that Earl creates IS basically the Mosconi Cup show, they don't hide the Earl show, they showcase it and show replays of it. I would be shocked if they don't invite him.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im fine.you know i broke my arm when i was 12,had stitches many times from sports.i played competitive,baseball,soccer,softball,bmx racing,golf,dirt biking etc.
been injured many times and broke bones doing all those things.so yeah i am fine. 2 months ago i got banged up a little but am playing again no problem.
actually taking a little break has made me want to practice and compete again so all in all it could turn out better for me.

frankly im not thrilled that you are bringing up collar bones,broken arm etc when thats all fine.thats the kinda rumor that could make people write me off and think im messed up or something.
no hard feeling but if i thought i couldnt play right or could hurt the team i wouldnt have started this thread.

I was told "broken" by two people who do not usually deal in rumor. I certainly apologize if that's not accurate. You know as well as I do that many guys try and downplay an injury and play hurt. But if you say you're good, you're good.

Lou Figueroa

akaMe

Alicia
i understand most of u on this thread do not want earl on this years team, becuase he has not won any major event in awhile or they way he conducts himself. what about jeremmy jones when is the last time he won anything i think he is on the team becuase he has alittle extra cash to throw around .:rolleyes:i think earl is a better player than mr. jones even right now at this day an time. just my 2 cents professor1967
What makes a person say something like this? You obviously have no idea what your talking about!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Man, I sure hope Grady doesn't catch wind of this :)

Lou Figueroa
I kid! I kid!

akaMe

Alicia
i understand most of u on this thread do not want earl on this years team, becuase he has not won any major event in awhile or they way he conducts himself. what about jeremmy jones when is the last time he won anything i think he is on the team becuase he has alittle extra cash to throw around .:rolleyes:i think earl is a better player than mr. jones even right now at this day an time. just my 2 cents professor1967
AND BTW, Jeremy's been a player on the Mosconi Cup SEVEN times...six of those picks came solely from rankings! The ONE time not from rankings, was because Jeremy WON the US Open! I think if you ask his teammates, they would say he has EARNED his spot on the team! ENOUGH SAID!
His loving wife,

Alicia

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi Cup

I think you would be a great addition to the Mosconi Cup team John.You are a true gentleman at and away from the table.You definately have the ability to go there and kick some ass and help our USA squad!!Good luck on your mission and I feel you would deserve this honor no question!It is time to bring the cup home and I hope we(AZers) can help you in your quest to make the team.I will be there in Vegas to help support this great game and can't wait to see some world class pool!Keep focused and practicing John and I think you have a great chance to help our team to victory.

Keith

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
mosconi cup is coming up and its got me thinking.
i havent played all the events this year that i could ,so making the team on points is gonna be close.
im gonna get lit up for this but i think earl is such an embarrassment for america and the team that im going to vomit if hes there again.
earl has treated me like a jerk my whole career and frankly im not going out of my way to not tell it like it is.
i want to make the team badly this year for several reasons , not unlike all the other players and feel that im playing good and will not make the team or usa look bad, and will help us play well because we get along and respect each other.

that being said if im picked and do not earn my way on from points im going to donate a 1000 if we lose and 2000 if we win to the bca billiards for youth foundation.

im not grandstanding or trying to bribe my way on team ,ok maybe a little lol,but if im fortunate enough to be on team i will gladly give some back to help pool .i think anybody who makes team should do the same but hey that jmho.

FWIW...
I think you'd be an excellent addition to the team. Not only because of your obvious talent, but also because of the attitude you just expressed.
Best of luck of getting on the team.