Love balkline in vietnam

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally get the skill and touch involved but i couldn't watch more than about 3min. of this. Whatever floats yer boat i guess.

Balkl8ne is very fun (frustrating as well at times) but, lol......to watch it is like pulling teeth.

Then again, I hate watching 1hole even more. Lol....at least balkline isn't boring to play. 1hole puts me to sleep whether I'm watching or playing.

14.1 is same way for most that are not serious players. Then again, most serious players don't "love" to watch 14.1 unless the person playing is a monster.

It seems that 9 ball and 10 ball are about the only games the average "fan" will commit to watching.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 time euro champ and 54 time swiss champ xavier gretillat playing in a balkline tournament in vietnam

I believe this is the semi final rnd
https://youtu.be/bgHszqXtYv8

That guy is amazing. I've had the pleasure to play him twice. Seems like a lifetime ago. It's been about 20 years while I was in military. Lol....I didn't do much better than the person in the video but, it was extremely educational to watch him move.

Players like hims makes you want to play. Then, lol....after a few hours, that "want-to" turns to....I'm done!

Most pool players aren't capable of doing well at balkline without completely quitting pool in general and committing all their time to balkline.

It's just one of those games that will never be popular amongst the less than really, really serious players.

Thanks for the vid,

Jeff