Carbon fiber break shaft

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I break with my Meucci Pro carbon shaft, my Becue Prime carbon shaft and every wooden shaft I have.

I have broke with every cue I have ever owned or played with. No matter who made them or how expensive they were.

I've yet to break one and I don't slam the joint and forearm into the table when I break.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What carbon fiber shafts can be used as a break shaft...
It would be useful to determine what you're are interested in the first place:
- What shafts give the best results,
- what shafts are safe to use for breaking without any harm for them.
If you asking such question I guess you might be interested to save some money and use the same shaft both for playing and breaking.
If you're worried with the second part ^^^ then it's silly because first of all it's up to how you treat your equipment and c.f. shafts are strong enough to be worried. First of all I would look at the tip end construction (what materials are used for the ferrule or vault plate). I would not look at the shafts with a thinner taper less than 12,4 mm at the tip just because you want better energy transfer to a CB = stiffer shaft.

If your interest is the results then it's a longer story... to begin with just look what shaft has the best energy transfer.
Out of those c.f. shafts I've tried the best candidate when it comes to the energy transfer, the taper and stiffness is the Revo 12,9.
If one shaft (cue) for both playing and breaking is not your main interest why not to look at those shafts built specifically for breaking?:scratchhead:

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I broke with my Cuetec Cynergy for about 6 month before I bought their break cue. Never messed up the shaft or the tip. They are pretty resistant to damage.