Andy? What's the latest

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several years ago, there were a few comments made here about Andy Cloth. They were very positive. People are saying that Andy is easily better than any of the second tier Chinese cloths and as good as or better than Simonis. What is the word on the street? Have you been using it for at least two years? What do you think?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are in agreement, then. "ANDY" is clearly leading the way in The Chinese Cloth Invasion! Crafty devils!

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place i play recently covered one 9ft GC with 988 and everyone likes it. Last week they covered 10 Diamond 7ft's with it and will soon do more of the 9's. Plays like 860HR. So far so good.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seams to wear quicker than Simonis.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
First i've heard this. I've talked to a few room owners who said they can't tell difference in wear. They use very hi-grade Australian merino wool. The place i go has had it on the bar-tables a while and they get a LOT of league and tournament play and the stuff looks to be wearing quite well.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First i've heard this. I've talked to a few room owners who said they can't tell difference in wear. They use very hi-grade Australian merino wool. The place i go has had it on the bar-tables a while and they get a LOT of league and tournament play and the stuff looks to be wearing quite well.

I can only go by the two examples I have.

1-Hardtimes has it installed on the tournament room tables and I the beginning it’s fast and slick. After sometime playing the cloth will wear right around the corner facing.

2-My local hall did 2 tables with Andy’s. Same exact thing.

The cloth is lighter and thinner than 860. Somewhere between 860HR and 760.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only go by the two examples I have.

1-Hardtimes has it installed on the tournament room tables and I the beginning it’s fast and slick. After sometime playing the cloth will wear right around the corner facing.

2-My local hall did 2 tables with Andy’s. Same exact thing.

The cloth is lighter and thinner than 860. Somewhere between 860HR and 760.

Simonis wears the same way. All worsted cloth is super slick-n-fast when brand new. The also all slow down a tad over time. ANDY will stay faster longer due to the fact they burn off the fuzz where Simonis just shaves it. Simonis can get kinda fuzzy before very long. IMO, its great cloth at a fairly big savings over Simonis.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis wears the same way. All worsted cloth is super slick-n-fast when brand new. The also all slow down a tad over time. ANDY will stay faster longer due to the fact they burn off the fuzz where Simonis just shaves it. Simonis can get kinda fuzzy before very long. IMO, its great cloth at a fairly big savings over Simonis.

Glad you support it. We are not big fans of it at our hall.