it seems like a tough action to spend $2ooo
at the Derby each year and only a very few
make enough to break even

400 or so players and maybe 10 earn enough to pay expenses

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt more than a handful of pro or amateur there spends 2000.... That number is thrown around for every event. I've been several times there myself and never spent that much. Pros and amateurs alike are 2 to 4 per room. People drive there together. Etc etc.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt more than a handful of pro or amateur there spends 2000.... That number is thrown around for every event. I've been several times there myself and never spent that much. Pros and amateurs alike are 2 to 4 per room. People drive there together. Etc etc.

I don't know, man... as a grown up with money, I'd rather pay the extra money and have my own room, and have it silent when I want with no worries about who is accessing it.
2K for a week sounds realistic.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yessir, eating those take-out orders of Micky D's ketchup and drinking water out of a courtesy cup sure is living large. A guy has really got to be 'down for the struggle' to go a whole week without taking a shower.

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Maybe Alex P. can try you some on ur table, say the 15 ball ghost w/break and move 1, how much gamble do you actually have?

Or how about 13/4 like JRB just got aat Griffs, loser cant post on AZ for a year! :idea2::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get it

Maybe Alex P. can try you some on ur table, say the 15 ball ghost w/break and move 1, how much gamble do you actually have?

Or how about 13/4 like JRB just got aat Griffs, loser cant post on AZ for a year! :idea2::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

What is 15 ball ghost w/b and move 1,do you both play You live close to Dean
and obviously have a lot of gamble call him and match up.
jack

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know, man... as a grown up with money, I'd rather pay the extra money and have my own room, and have it silent when I want with no worries about who is accessing it.

You must spread rep around first.

I couldn't imagine sharing a room with 3 other people for a week at a pool tournament.

Cut corners to save a couple hundred so they lose less when they don't cash in the tournament.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring or buy your own food if you can. That can save a lot of money right there. That is what my friends and I do. We eat at one the restaurants there a few times to splurge.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member

I do this a lot. I like to just go to my room, not deal with more people and relax