Hardtimes pool room

dave st.pierre

dave st.pierre
I feel sorry four the poor buggers trying to play pool sweating all over the place.What with AC FIX THE DAM THING!I be dammed i pay 100$ to sweat .Ever one *****ing about the heat your a first class pool hall act like it!

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel sorry four the poor buggers trying to play pool sweating all over the place.What with AC FIX THE DAM THING!I be dammed i pay 100$ to sweat .Ever one *****ing about the heat your a first class pool hall act like it!
Just couldn't help but to laugh after I read your post and saw your name....I thought to myself, "that isn't very nice language for a Saint to be using!" Lol

Anyway, I do feel for you. I used to have a room that turned off the ac early every nite and the moisture wreaked havoc on the tables. Of course, I could probably make some money sweating at Hard Times, because know of quite a few players there that would "feel right at home" in those conditions.

Poolplayergreg

Registered
Hard times A/C has been broken for years now. Still nothing has been done to change it. During the mezz west state tour tournament. It was 82 degrees outside and it was cooler than inside hard times. Their is a petition to change the tournament dress code to Beach Attire.

Hard Times is also listed as a Sauna and Spa on yelp.

UPlayLucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard times A/C has been broken for years now. Still nothing has been done to change it. During the mezz west state tour tournament. It was 82 degrees outside and it was cooler than inside hard times. Their is a petition to change the tournament dress code to Beach Attire.

I agree, there is no reason to torture the players. I don't see the A/C getting fixed anytime soon. There should try not to schedule any tour stops at hard-times during the summer months. No one wants to play or even watch in those conditions.

FordSVTCobra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree and have been saying this for a while. I will not go there during the summer months anymore to watch or play.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard times

How is it that you can have the best gathering of talent in a pool hall in the US consistently and not have an AC? That is ridiculous.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't play there until the situation is rectified; summer or winter. To me, it is unbelievable that, Eddie, the owner, doesn't give two shits about his clientele. I can't justify putting money in his pocket and agree, tour stops and other events should be played elsewhere.

foospot

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Agreed

Its hot but maybe that's why the pinoys do so well. lol.

How is it that you can have the best gathering of talent in a pool hall in the US consistently and not have an AC? That is ridiculous.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What it boils down to is who's responsibility is it to fix the HVAC. If it is a true triple net lease it is the responsibility of the owner of Hardtimes. If it is a modified gross lease then it would be the responsibility of the owner of the building.

If you are used to playing in air conditioned pool rooms the humid conditions of non air conditioned venues can be a wake up call. Hardtimes may not be making much profit at the moment. It is hard to a have a pool hall that makes money especially without a liquor license.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The owner doesn't give a shit because he realized that without the AC you guys still come and play. I bet his profit's going up without the AC :p.
So yes it's all your guys fault, the owner can't help but being a smart ass in this situation.
if All the tour stops are moved to another pool hall as well as their players, I bet the AC gonna be up and running again in less than 2 weeks.
You guys chose to be f****, I'm sorry but that's the truth.
Kevin.

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a capacity thing

I've talked to the tournament directors there and they've told me that the AC units (yes, plural) are residential ones that aren't capable of moving enough air to properly cool the building.

Just as a guess, I'd figure each is suitable to cool a 2500 sq ft home. At 12 ft ceilings, that's enough cooling for 60,000 cubic ft.

Hard Times is probably around 15,000 sq ft with 25 ft ceilings. That's 375,000 cubic ft; over 600% the capacity of the AC units.

So it's not only that the owner is too much of a nit to turn the AC on, it's that he's too much of a nit to pay for the capital improvements necessary to provide his customers with minimally bearable conditions.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the efforts of Dave Hemmah, Marielle Lim and Al Romero, I'd never step foot into the place.

Taek

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even so, 85 degree temps indoors out weighs the extraordinary efforts of a few.

You are correct. Let me clarify by stating that I usually try to get in there about once a month, but I'll only go in the summer if I'm donating to... errr, playing in a big event like the Tad Cup. I didn't even want to sweat (literally in this case) the matches for the 10 Ball Open or the Mezz West State event.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
HTB in Bellflower CA. Near Los Angeles

This is not the Hard Times Billiards in SACRAMENTO, CA.

The Air Conditioning is working fine HERE and so are the ceiling fans.

Just clearing up the location... HTB in Sacramento is AIR CONDITIONED.

This week the Tiger West Coast Women stop #3

and next week is

Oscar Dominguez' MEZZ Tour stop.