Mali Billiard Cloth Question

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a Mali cloth dealer for many years, and purchased cloth for home tables directly through Mali. Didn't Mali go out of business around +/- 10 years ago, which is what I was told by my Mali contact at that time? I see on the news page here that Imperial International has now become the exclusive distributor of Mali cloth, which is why I'm now confused?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably like Schwinn and many other brand names?

A name bought and sold...the name having value, without a product or direct tie to a tangible good.

Of course, the owner can duplicate, imitate or create a product of its own choosing.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Probably like Schwinn and many other brand names?

A name bought and sold...the name having value, without a product or direct tie to a tangible good.

Of course, the owner can duplicate, imitate or create a product of its own choosing.

Probably right....I know that when Dufferin cues closed, the name went to China...
...the physical part was auctioned off in my area...I bought the last 1,500 house cues.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably right....I know that when Dufferin cues closed, the name went to China...
...the physical part was auctioned off in my area...I bought the last 1,500 house cues.

Do you still have them or did you sell them already?

Just curious.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Do you still have them or did you sell them already?

Just curious.

The majority sold like hot cakes....the ones with ebony or Purple Heart butts....
...i didn’t sell so freely...but they’re all long gone.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was a Mali cloth dealer for many years, and purchased cloth for home tables directly through Mali. Didn't Mali go out of business around +/- 10 years ago, which is what I was told by my Mali contact at that time? I see on the news page here that Imperial International has now become the exclusive distributor of Mali cloth, which is why I'm now confused?
The last update to the malicloth.com website was about 2012. It is now a non-domain. Fred Mali who ran the company for a long time died in 2007, and I suspect the family was not interested in carrying on. Fred got "Henry W.T. Mali & Co." into the custom cue business about 1970.

FTR, here is a related page: https://professorqball.com/2010/02/4107/

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The majority sold like hot cakes....the ones with ebony or Purple Heart butts....
...i didn’t sell so freely...but they’re all long gone.

:thumbup: Roger, I plan on picking some up some day. There's a set for sale near me now for $200, I figure if I procrastinate long enough the price will go down or they'll get sold, either way it will save me money!