Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Somebody Explain Why Trumps Tweet Meets the Definition of Racism.
Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-16-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
Now, the way the word(s) are defined here, for me to say he’s a racist or the words are
racist, or for you he’s not or the words are not requires a leap on both our parts. See,
the problem is we don’t know what’s in his heart. I believe he thinks he’s better, strictly
because he’s white, I believe you don’t think it’s that way, but neither of us can know for
certain. We both think there is evidence, past statements, actions that make us right,
but unless we know what’s in his heart and soul how could either of us possibly know for
sure. I think I can say and I think you might agree that he’s a really rude SOB, but does
that make him racist? we’re those words intended to be hurtful and demeaning? I guess
that’s for the individual to decide. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t said those words or something
similar to a republican person of color that didn’t just quit his caucus or openly disagree
with him. Maybe it’s just what he is, maybe he just doesn’t know any better. Too bad,
you’d think the leader of the free world would know things like this, or even just have a modicum
of general courtesy.
Ahh We dont know what is in his heart. That is true.
You are attempting to establish intent?
I have always thought Trump was a bloviating, pompous asshole. I have watched his antics in NY my entire life.
However that does not mean his not effective in what he does. Nor does it mean he does not love his fellow Americans or this country.
I would say that his success in life makes him feel superior to individuals in matters of business and finance.
That however does not mean his does not care for his fellow human beings nor help them.

Still. That is neither here nor there.

Neither you nor anybody else has been able to establish that trumps statements meet the threshold of being able to be considered racist statements.

That non Caucasian women happened to be the ones that were being addressed is not a determining factor. Anybody of any race can be addressed in that manner without it being a racist statement.
That is simply a fact.
The problem is people like to try to crowbar in racist intent against individuals that they disagree with when ever they can.
It does not matter to them if it is true or not. It is the seriousness of the accusation that counts.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#62)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
If you affect a drawl, walk bow-legged, wear a cowboy hat, boots and spurs, you might be a cowboy. And surely, being so cowboy-adjacent, it looks like someone is trying to come across as a cowboy, even if they are not . Someone like that being or acting offended at the suggestion ('oh yeah??? Where's my cow, then, idiot!!! It's right there in the word-- COWboy. Are you slow? LOOK UP THE DEFINITION!!!), would get a certain look of incredulity.

The racists and white nationalists have generally seen these things as indicating PDJT is in agreement with them, and they are celebrating again now on this circumstance.

Except I saw Richard Spencer complaining that it's all a trick and lip service, that sure, PDJT puts out racist tweets like this and all, but where's the action? (Richard Spencer is one of the fine people on 'the other side' PDJT mentioned in Charlottesville, who organized the 'Unite the Right' demonstrations there.)

Induction, like deduction, is valid when used correctly. But both can be used incorrectly. I'm against using them incorrectly, and when they are, the conclusion supposedly shown is not really shown, by the flawed method.
LOL!

Are you having a hissy fit?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#63)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-16-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla;6438352[SIZE="4"
If you affect a drawl, walk bow-legged, wear a cowboy hat, boots and spurs, you might be a cowboy. And surely, being so cowboy-adjacent, it looks like someone is trying to come across as a cowboy, even if they are not . Someone like that being or acting offended at the suggestion ('oh yeah??? Where's my cow, then, idiot!!! It's right there in the word-- COWboy. Are you slow? LOOK UP THE DEFINITION!!!), would get a certain look of incredulity.

The racists and white nationalists have generally seen these things as indicating PDJT is in agreement with them, and they are celebrating again now on this circumstance.

Except I saw Richard Spencer complaining that it's all a trick and lip service, that sure, PDJT puts out racist tweets like this and all, but where's the action? (Richard Spencer is one of the fine people on 'the other side' PDJT mentioned in Charlottesville, who organized the 'Unite the Right' demonstrations there.)

Induction, like deduction, is valid when used correctly. But both can be used incorrectly. I'm against using them incorrectly, and when they are, the conclusion supposedly shown is not really shown, by the flawed method.
Affect is usually a verb meaning to influence, produce a change, or pretend to be feeling something. Effect is usually a noun meaning result or consequence. The noun effect also means a particular look or sound created to imitate something (as in "the effect of flying"). When used as a verb, effect means to cause.

dumluk

Last edited by LAMas; 07-16-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Old
  (#64)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Ethnicity based bigotry needn't be classical racism to be included in the broad meaning of the term. Dictionaries do not prescribe usage, they describe usage, and words change their meanings over time as they are used differently.

It includes the old 'we don't like your kind around here,' said to black, brown, or Jewish people. People can dislike or even hate people of certain phenotypes without specifically thinking they are inferior on the basis of genetics or belonging to some supposed 'race' (and many ethnic groups aren't considered as different races, per se).

Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, etc., are considered racist even if none of their enacting language said the reason had anything to do with considering their targets inferior on the basis of genetics. That was the subtext that needed no explicit statement. Everyone knew what those things were all about. Different treatment for different ethnicities, based on ethnicity.

When signs used to say no dogs or Irish, that was bigoted, even if the Irish were not some separate 'race.'

This changing and expanded usage of the words racism and racist has been included in the additional entries of its meaning that are appearing in more of the reference material in dictionaries. Sounds like someone needs to catch up.
And yet you still have nothing concerning Trumps statement.

I do see a lot of thrashing about though.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old
  (#65)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
Affect is usually a verb meaning to influence, produce a change, or pretend to be feeling something. Effect is usually a noun meaning result or consequence. The noun effect also means a particular look or sound created to imitate something (as in "the effect of flying"). When used as a verb, effect means to cause.
I'm not sure if you mean to correct my usage (which would be wrong; it is used correctly), or to remark upon a usage you didn't know but now have learned. Probably a hybrid. But in case you don't know now:

I used a second meaning of the word (which is why this entry has the 2 after the word)

af•fect2 (əˈfɛkt)

v.t.
1. to pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of history.
2. to assume artificially, pretentiously, or for effect: to affect a British accent.
3. to use, wear, or adopt by preference: to affect an outrageous costume.
4. to assume the character or attitude of: to affect the freethinker.
5. (of substances) to tend toward habitually or naturally: to affect colloidal form.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#66)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
And yet you still have nothing concerning Trumps statement.

I do see a lot of thrashing about though.
The EEOC provides written guidance on what may constitute unlawful discriminatory treatment of immigrant workers.

It cites 'go back to where you came from' as a direct example, whether from co-workers or supervisors.

As seen on TV™. Or from Sen. Tim Kaine, here.

As he added, but was not carried over in the image (but see at link):

Quote:
The EEOC cites “go back to where you came from” as a classic form of discrimination that violates civil rights. The President’s bigoted words are so contrary to who we are as a country that we literally have laws against them.
If you insist upon distinguishing between racism and ethnicity-based discrimination based on bigotry, the same distinction applies to anti-Semitism, right?

Say it, if that is what you mean: Anti-Semitism isn't racism, but like these words from PDJT, it is bigoted. Way to save his bacon with watered-down weak beer!

It's like the 'defense' of his ~10,000 lies on the WaPost list: but 25% of them aren't lies!!! M'kay, fine.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 07-16-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Old
  (#67)
Sev

07-17-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
The EEOC provides written guidance on what may constitute unlawful discriminatory treatment of immigrant workers.

It cites 'go back to where you came from' as a direct example, whether from co-workers or supervisors.

As seen on TV™. Or from Sen. Tim Kaine, here.

As he added, but was not carried over in the image (but see at link):

If you insist upon distinguishing between racism and ethnicity-based discrimination based on bigotry, the same distinction applies to anti-Semitism, right?

Say it, if that is what you mean: Anti-Semitism isn't racism, but like these words from PDJT, it is bigoted. Way to save his bacon with watered-down weak beer!

It's like the 'defense' of his ~10,000 lies on the WaPost list: but 25% of them aren't lies!!! M'kay, fine.
Quoting the EEOC?

You still have nothing.

Try it again.
Perhaps you need a bigger crowbar.

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#68)
Sev

07-17-2019, 04:39 AM

Come on all you outraged lefties and never Trumpers.

I am still waiting for a cogent explanation.

Almost 760 views and still nothing.

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#69)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 04:54 AM

Racists will see racism everywhere.

Even if it was a racist comment, it does not change the fact they need to leave this country to one of their liking instead of turning this country into something it was never meant to be.

The squad are idiots.

Is that a racist statement?

Old
  (#70)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post

Even if it was a racist comment, it does not change the fact they need to leave this country to one of their liking instead of turning this country into something it was never meant to be.
Are you in contact with James Madison or Thomas Jefferson that wrote the declaration of independence and the Constitution?

Point is, the documents were made to be flexible and adaptable to future generations!

No one can say for certain what the USA is/was meant to be!

The people asking people to leave, seem to be unhappy and should consider that they are the ones that don't like America as is!

They are the ones trying to change and alter it instead of relocate, like they should!

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#71)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 05:28 AM

Telling people of color that they should go back to where they came from is something that racists do.

It's exactly what Trump did.

Simple.

Old
  (#72)
Sev

07-17-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Telling people of color that they should go back to where they came from is something that racists do.

Simple.
You disappoint.

Try again.

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#73)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:

I am sorry.

It was identified as racist.

Now, after all the wailing, people find the law?

You just discovered it? LOL! And you discovered it this way?

LOL!

Clearly the President's tweet violates the law. You just figured it out? Oh...no you didn't....AOC told you.

So...what's it like at the bottom of the curve?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Old
  (#74)
J SCHWARZ
AzB Silver Member
J SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond reputeJ SCHWARZ has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Are you in contact with James Madison or Thomas Jefferson that wrote the declaration of independence and the Constitution?

Point is, the documents were made to be flexible and adaptable to future generations!

No one can say for certain what the USA is/was meant to be!

The people asking people to leave, seem to be unhappy and should consider that they are the ones that don't like America as is!

They are the ones trying to change and alter it instead of relocate, like they should!

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Nothing is flexible about all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” AOC and other left leaders openly support socialism, censorship of speech, and violence. So far no one can prove Trump is a racist or any form of collusion, just two years of conspiracy theories.

Old
  (#75)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member

07-17-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post

Simple.
And it's something that non-racists do as well.

And it can be illegal, regardless of whether one is actually racist or not.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"

Last edited by Chopdoc; 07-17-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: