Billiards About
Old
  (#1)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Billiards About - 08-05-2019, 05:15 PM

Anybody got a lesson from him? How was it?

Old
  (#2)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-06-2019, 05:40 PM

i took billiards about up on his offer for a "FREE" lesson via skype
i did not think his advice was helpfull and when he tried to get me to agree to lessons for pay i refused
he could not beleive that i didnt think his lessons were not worth paying for
just my experience

Last edited by bbb; 08-07-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Old
  (#3)
BilliardsAbout
BondFanEvents.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i took billiards about up on his offer for a "FREE" lesson via skype
i did not think his advice was helpfull and when he tried to get me to agree to lessons for pay i refused
he could not beleive that i didnt think his lessons were not worth paying for
just my experience
Hi BBB,

From memory--you ended our lesson early. I offered you follow-up free lesson time and free suggestions via e-mail. I do not think I offered you paid lessons, as we didn't complete our first free lesson. My offer to pickup on our a free lesson(s) for you remains and I would appreciate a second chance to meet with you.

You are correct that you didn't like my advice--you took a few strokes at the table only, as you were uninterested in my pool advice. Normally the student does most of the shooting during my lessons and takes many shots during our hour together. When I've received lessons from others, I try what they suggest at the tables, while they watch.

Folks have nothing to lose via a free lesson except some free time. I'm happy to meet anyone in person or online for a free introductory billiards lesson (one hour).

-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool

Matt Sherman - pool instructor
Old
  (#4)
Steve Lillis
AzB Bronze Member
Steve Lillis is on a distinguished road

Matt Sherman - pool instructor - 08-28-2019, 07:10 AM

Matt Sherman was a guest in one of my Gospel Trick Shot shows in Florida with Tommy Kennedy. Tommy did some of his amazing trick shots and ball juggling during the show. Matt did a short instructional clinic for the fans during his segment of the show and it was well received. Matt is a highly qualified instructor who has taught billiards on the college level and he is an excellent communicator. He has also written many billiard articles for many years for various publications. I highly recommend Matt for both group and individual instruction. Yours for pool, Steve Lillis www.gospeltrickshot.org

Matt's a good guy and a skilled writer/communicator.
Old
  (#5)
allanpsand
Author & PBIA Instructor
allanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to allanpsand Send a message via Yahoo to allanpsand  
Exclamation Matt's a good guy and a skilled writer/communicator. - 08-28-2019, 08:17 AM

I've worked with Matt on and off over the last 15 years. He's helped me work out some technical details. His communications skills are clear and concise - quickly responding to requests for granular information.

I recommend Matt as an instructor for the long-term. When table situations arise that are a bit puzzling, work with him to figure out the solutions (lots of these have more than one way of getting the job done).

When you work with him on lessons - make sure you have a very specific set of items you want to work with. AND, you had better put his recommendations on the table. Otherwise, you won't "own the shot".

There's a big difference between intellectual knowledge (however true or false) and the precision you develop when pushing balls on the practice table.
+++++++++++++++
And, by the way, here's a hard-learned tip: don't practice a shot up until you are successful once. Practice the shot until you are successful 4 out of 5 attempts (pros always work for 10 out of 10).

Good luck & shoot straight!

Allan P. Sand, PBIA/ACS Instructor & Author

Biggest Pool Blog on the Planet!!

Old
  (#6)
SJpilot
AzB Silver Member
SJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond reputeSJpilot has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanpsand View Post

Good luck & shoot straight!
You still giving lessons on that 10 footer out back. I got an introductory lesson from you a few years back. I might come by for a couple lessons if you've got time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still there!!
Old
  (#7)
allanpsand
Author & PBIA Instructor
allanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond reputeallanpsand has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to allanpsand Send a message via Yahoo to allanpsand  
Still there!! - 09-07-2019, 08:08 AM

Table is still there!!

Send me an email via billiardgods@gmail.com and we can set something up.

Looking forward to hearing your adventures.
;-)

Allan P. Sand, PBIA/ACS Instructor & Author

Biggest Pool Blog on the Planet!!

Old
  (#8)
Hendra888
AzB Bronze Member
Hendra888 is on a distinguished road

09-16-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliardsAbout View Post
Hi BBB,

From memory--you ended our lesson early. I offered you follow-up free lesson time and free suggestions via e-mail. I do not think I offered you paid lessons, as we didn't complete our first free lesson. My offer to pickup on our a free lesson(s) for you remains and I would appreciate a second chance to meet with you.

You are correct that you didn't like my advice--you took a few strokes at the table only, as you were uninterested in my pool advice. Normally the student does most of the shooting during my lessons and takes many shots during our hour together. When I've received lessons from others, I try what they suggest at the tables, while they watch.

Folks have nothing to lose via a free lesson except some free time. I'm happy to meet anyone in person or online for a free introductory billiards lesson (one hour).
Hai all

I am Hendra from Indonesia.
I want to let people know about my experience with my teacher Matt Sherman.

He have give me free lesson by skype.
At the first time i was very enjoy with his guys because he always answered all my question.

I come from small city in here. I can not play billiard.
But after some lesson with him , i can knowing how to play pool rightly.

He was changed my mind also he was lesson me about strategy and other.

I can draw shot easily after get lesson from him.

I will recommend people who want to increase the knowledge with him.

Life is choice.
We must understanding, practice and work hard to be champion.

Thank you my teacher Matt Sherman.

Regards,
Hendra Kurniawan
Carabao Billiards Indonesia

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: