Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Anyone know this room?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-10-2019, 02:10 PM

looks really nice. Classic yet modern.

Old
  (#17)
Cuebuddy
Vege-table
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Wow! choice room.
Looks like a cue extension might come in handy for short players to use the scoring beads

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#18)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

10-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I know Jim quite well. He's a terrific guy and I'm happy to see him with such a nice place. He can play a little too. Definitely a 100 ball runner at 14.1.
Ditto. I knew Jim for years when he played at the Amsterdam Billiard Club and I also saw him competing in numerous 14.1 events. He was a very skillful player and one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. Amsterdam used to have all of Dan Barouty, Tony Robles, Steve Lipsky and Jim Gottier among its regulars, so if you felt the urge to take some lumps at 14.1, the opportunities were plentiful. Like the three other guys, Jim was a good ambassador for straight pool in the New York City area.

I'm sure his standards are high in running his room in Richmond. All of us who knew him well in his New York City days are rooting for him and wishing him well.

Hoping to see Jim at the upcoming event in Chesapeake --- I've run into him there before.

Last edited by sjm; 10-10-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Old
  (#19)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawareDogs View Post
Will ya cut that sunshine out!!!
Great witty reference sir

Old
  (#20)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I know Jim quite well. He's a terrific guy and I'm happy to see him with such a nice place. He can play a little too. Definitely a 100 ball runner at 14.1.
I've played him a couple times and he can shoot back if given the opportunity.

He is an extremely nice person and knows exactly how a room should be run in this modern day world.

Been there three or four times and as a poster above said, there isn't a lot of action "in general" but, anything can be acquired and as you know action can be found there, all you have to do is call ahead of time. Trust me, action can be had.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#21)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
I've played him a couple times and he can shoot back if given the opportunity.

He is an extremely nice person and knows exactly how a room should be run in this modern day world.

Been there three or four times and as a poster above said, there isn't a lot of action "in general" but, anything can be acquired and as you know action can be found there, all you have to do is call ahead of time. Trust me, action can be had.

Jeff
Are you trying to tell us that he's not quite your speed?
Jim has been known to gamble FYI.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#22)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Are you trying to tell us that he's not quite your speed?
Jim has been known to gamble FYI.
No sir, not in any way....

Only reason I mentioned the action was because someone earlier said they visited his room but it didn't seem like there was much action. I was agreeing with them but, incase they didn't know I was saying they "for sure" could get played. Lol...all they had to do is ask in advance.

There are several really strong players in that area.

I'm well aware of his game. He is a very good player as well as a super nice guy.

I wish there was more rooms like his and more room owners like him.

Have a good day Jay

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Colorful wall art
Old
  (#23)
Whodini
Never get out of the boat
Whodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond reputeWhodini has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 0

Colorful wall art - 10-11-2019, 07:38 AM

I have been there several times and to me the coolest part about the room are the individual portraits of players they have on the walls. If I remember the story correctly, they have a guy in Mexico they send "Billiard Cards" (not unlike baseball cards) and this gentleman paints the image in vibrant colors and sends the image back. Gives the room a completely different character compared to modern rooms. Great place to play and visit. There is also an old neon Billiards sign hanging inside (not lit) that is gorgeous. Cool place. Worth a stop when in Richmond.

Old
  (#24)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

10-11-2019, 07:46 AM

The best pool room in Richmond is Diamond Billiards, technically in Midlothian VA. That is where all of the players go. Great prices, Action, Tournaments, best pool hall food and drinks you've ever had, etc. Their Chef wins local awards for his creations. No expense was spared when Thomas Dorsey started this pool room. The state tournaments are held there as well as tons of league action and other tournaments. It's like "Cheers" for pool players.

"I used to bet my own but it gave me ulcers." - John Schmidt, 2008

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: