AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Brunswick Limited Edition(s)?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-10-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Brunswick Billiards has probably been losing money for at minimum 20+ years. Their model needs to change. They are not even competing in the commercial market and that is where they have been the most influential and successful. Just my $0.02. I contacted KPS Financial in NY to see if they needed any help LOL, I kind of knew I would not hear back from them.

Trent from Toledo
Totally agree. I'd be surprised if BB lasts 5 more years. If KPS thinks they can't make it sellable they'll shut it down. They couldn't care less about their history. Its all bottom-line with firms like KPS. Improve it and sell it or dump it.

Old
  (#17)
Ssonerai
AzB Silver Member
Ssonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 10:16 PM

I totally get it as a "business" model, for a given type of business. The old admonition that the sole purpose of manufacturing is to keep salespeople busy & out of trouble, because they get bored and cause problems when there's nothing to sell. Or: "nothing really counts until it is sold"

Brunswick does not care if billiards industry is sustainable for themselves & so they source a product and put a nosebleed mark-up on it, and will ride that until it no longer works. Billiards no longer is a big part of Brunswick, but i imagine it is more profitable (or should be) than stated here.

It's really difficult to know for certain how the GC varies from the Yalin Tournament tables, or if there is a cost difference. But on the pages linked, the top of the line Yalin goes for 33,800Y ($4,760 US) There's another page where they basically ask you to rape them over price, if you need to (Lots of gobbledegook about list price and terms and whether they might or might not actually apply, so don't hesitate to get in touch and ask) . So presumably Brunswick gets a deep discount. It costs next to nothing to ship in a container. 9' GC lists for $10,700 on Brunswick website.

I am impressed that Brunswick made an effort at a limited edition table, a little disappointed but not the least surprised that no one in the US was involved; and wonder what the initiative was, if not brand rejuvenation?

It sort of seems that nobody involved thinks there's any future in the business, but not quite ready to let it go because the profits are still there percentage-wise if not big overall numbers; and it's easy to imagine with those margins that it "could" get better. Any day now. Just like the rest of us.

smt

Last edited by Ssonerai; 10-10-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Old
  (#18)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

10-11-2019, 11:02 AM

I heard, from a reputable source, Brunswick is reissuing the Centennial as a Limited Edition for their 175th anniversary.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#19)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

10-11-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
I heard, from a reputable source, Brunswick is reissuing the Centennial as a Limited Edition for their 175th anniversary.
If it will be anything like the wannabe Anniversary they made, the Gibson...boooooo.

But I guess it will be neat? Why would they not wait 25 more years and make it the 200? You are aware that they made a "Centennial" in the 70s and it was a JOKE>...

Trent

Last edited by trentfromtoledo; 10-11-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Old
  (#20)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

10-12-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
If it will be anything like the wannabe Anniversary they made, the Gibson...boooooo.

But I guess it will be neat? Why would they not wait 25 more years and make it the 200? You are aware that they made a "Centennial" in the 70s and it was a JOKE>...

Trent
Yessir.

I was told it was a limited edition of the 1945 issue Centennial. Good thing they aren't waiting until 2045. Brunswick Billiards may not exist in 2045.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: