Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale
Reload this Page New Panjo Marketplace
Page 14 of 15 « First 4121314 15

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average.
Old
  (#196)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

Bamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

11-25-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kot_Bigemot View Post
Usually there is just one reason for something like that to happen - $$$.
For now Panjo is free. But check other forums running Panjo. They charge no less than ebay. Just Google Panjo.
If that is what it is going to come to, I might as well sell on eBay. Or Facebook.
Yep,
Mike even stated that in the very first post of the thread:

"There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want."

Right now, those of us who are still around are the "Beta" testers for the new forum. Eventually, they will get the bugs mostly worked out...I hope that it is not too late.

Joe

Playing Cue: Barnhart

Old
  (#197)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-25-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacues View Post
Yep,
Mike even stated that in the very first post of the thread:

"There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want."

Right now, those of us who are still around are the "Beta" testers for the new forum. Eventually, they will get the bugs mostly worked out...I hope that it is not too late.

Joe
Joe,
I agree with all you said. Just one point - beta test is ALWAYS optional. To push the whole community into beta test....I do not know man. I do not respond well when I am being pushed into something...

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Old
  (#198)
HoldemRw
AzB Silver Member
HoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-25-2014, 07:51 AM

Yeah I am not a fan of the new setup for several reasons one being I can only see new threads in wanted for sale forum and not the old ones that are being bumped with price drops. Some cues I might not subscribe to cause price is to high but if the price come down to my number I would purchase only problem is I cant see it in wanted for sale forum anymore. Also I agree with kot panjo is just buttering u up for when they start charging for sales like ebay. I do like the sub sections like For sale, ebay auctions etc.. was a nice touch but the rest is horrible. links to show previous listings for pics when u click on them still no pics is ridicoulous. I also use to like the threads that showed peoples personality ex. Deanoc now I feel like I am looking on Amazon adds in panjo. I was huge fan of AZ and the website has done alot for me so I hope they go back to the old way before its to late. Not saying old way was perfect but I dont see how panjo has fixed any of the previous problems. Most complained that people overbumped or had their friends bump it for them. Or having people trash u or ur thread starting arguments was another big problem and I dont see how panjo helped that situation in anyway. Does anybody know what the point of this panjo is cause maybe iam just not seeing it.

Old
  (#199)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-25-2014, 08:01 AM

Holdem, the complaint about the order of threads really has nothing to do with Panjo. It was a completely separate change and you can always change your personal options to sort the areas like they used to be sorted.

To answer the ongoing conversation about money... Yes, Panjo's ability to monetize items for sale was A REASON to try to them out. Just not the way most of you are thinking it was. I am more interested in finding a way to monetize the folks who won't even purchase a gold membership, but basically run their own business by selling items here. Jerry ran into a guy a couple years ago who proudly proclaimed that he was making thousands a month selling stuff on the forums. When we checked, he had never supported the site in any way. It is those folks who annoy the crap out of me. I don't care about the guys who jump in and sell one or two items every once in a while, and I wouldn't even mind so much if the guys who are running their businesses here would also contribute to the conversations with intelligent conversation.

I know I am not acting as quick as some of you would like, but I am monitoring these threads and am working on a decision as to which direction to take things. I want to give panjo a real chance, but there has been a fair amount of bugs that has not helped with the situation.

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#200)
cueaddicts
AzB Gold Member
cueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 12000

11-25-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
Holdem, the complaint about the order of threads really has nothing to do with Panjo. It was a completely separate change and you can always change your personal options to sort the areas like they used to be sorted.

To answer the ongoing conversation about money... Yes, Panjo's ability to monetize items for sale was A REASON to try to them out. Just not the way most of you are thinking it was. I am more interested in finding a way to monetize the folks who won't even purchase a gold membership, but basically run their own business by selling items here. Jerry ran into a guy a couple years ago who proudly proclaimed that he was making thousands a month selling stuff on the forums. When we checked, he had never supported the site in any way. It is those folks who annoy the crap out of me. I don't care about the guys who jump in and sell one or two items every once in a while, and I wouldn't even mind so much if the guys who are running their businesses here would also contribute to the conversations with intelligent conversation.

I know I am not acting as quick as some of you would like, but I am monitoring these threads and am working on a decision as to which direction to take things. I want to give panjo a real chance, but there has been a fair amount of bugs that has not helped with the situation.

Mike
Nice response, Mike. Thanks for giving us some insight.

cueaddicts.weebly.com

"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course, the space between your ears."
—Robert T. Jones.........(The same can also be said for pocket billiards.)

" A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
—Alexander Hamilton

Old
  (#201)
HoldemRw
AzB Silver Member
HoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond reputeHoldemRw has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 08:18 AM

I agree with u there sir its crazy people cant pay the 35 or 40 dollar gold membership when selling so many cues. Or be honest just the information u can obtain and free live streaming matches etc.. is well worth the 40 dollar gold membership alone. I did read a explanation somewhere on the thread order but cannot figure it out on my phone app how to change it. I only use phone app no computer. Also read a suggestion a while back that seemed very reasonable in just allowing gold members to sell on AZ would fix or help the problem. That way everybody selling anything has contributed to AZ.

And just a side note I am only parent whos only job is selling and repairing cues. I say that because if I can afford a gold membership than 99% of others should purchase one also. It is funny how some of the people complaining about the new set up arent even gold members which to me is laughable. I will always be on AZ I love the website the people here are great (at least most of them haha) and I will renew my gold membership regardless of what happens just cause I feel like I owe AZ that much for all they have done for me. Iam not complaining just really saying my opinion and cannot imagine having ur job having to sort through all of this. U guys have always done a great job running AZ and I am sure u will continue the good work

Old
  (#202)
MnHunter
AzB Silver Member
MnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond reputeMnHunter has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:

Mike
Easy fix would be to just only allow paying members to post cues for sale. $5 for bronze which would allow you to view the wanted/for sale and $15 for silver which would allow you to sell also. Then those who pay for gold get all the rest of the benefits. This would eliminate the people that get on and try to sell an item and are never heard from again. This site is about members contributing to the betterment of the sport we all love. These one and done members do no such thing. Also perhaps making people pay for a membership in order to sell may eliminate some of the scammers we've seen over the last few year in the forsale and action selections.

Old
  (#203)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-25-2014, 09:41 AM

It isn't even really the one and done members that bother me. People get hand me down cues all the time and don't have any idea what they are worth or where they can sell them. I don't mind those folks coming on and using the site to move that cue.

It is the folks who are selling 15-20 items a month and just see AzB as a free place to advertise that annoy the crap out of me.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnHunter View Post
Easy fix would be to just only allow paying members to post cues for sale. $5 for bronze which would allow you to view the wanted/for sale and $15 for silver which would allow you to sell also. Then those who pay for gold get all the rest of the benefits. This would eliminate the people that get on and try to sell an item and are never heard from again. This site is about members contributing to the betterment of the sport we all love. These one and done members do no such thing. Also perhaps making people pay for a membership in order to sell may eliminate some of the scammers we've seen over the last few year in the forsale and action selections.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#204)
Kot_Bigemot
AzB Silver Member
Kot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond reputeKot_Bigemot has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to Kot_Bigemot 
11-25-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
It isn't even really the one and done members that bother me. People get hand me down cues all the time and don't have any idea what they are worth or where they can sell them. I don't mind those folks coming on and using the site to move that cue.

It is the folks who are selling 15-20 items a month and just see AzB as a free place to advertise that annoy the crap out of me.

Mike
Could not agree more.
And when someone tells them about this fact, they reply - I have been here forever, so mind your own business.
This has to stop. Creating multiple threats for same items etc.

Only two things are infinite; The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe -Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Kot_Bigemot; 11-25-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Old
  (#205)
asiasdad
Banned
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-25-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Mike
Tap...Tap...Tap...

Nits annoy the crap out of any reasonable man.

Gold membership to sell has been suggested serveral times, and limiting the
number of threads one could start in a month would be another method to
keep the forum from going out of control.

Of course you could step up your game and offer a Platinum membership
that doubles the threads per month one could start or even a
Business Partner membership with unlimited access.

Just adjust the costs accordingly.

It's obvious to the majority here that Panjo doesn't get it, therefore it is time
to pull the trigger on them, and initiate other options.

Thanks for working on improving the best site for cue nuts going Mike

Danny

cues are my hobby, not my business...even so I would buy a platinum membership

Last edited by asiasdad; 11-25-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Old
  (#206)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

11-25-2014, 11:32 AM

I might have sold 2 or 3 total cues on AZ in the 10 years I've been a member. When the gold memberships were offered, I signed up and have been gold since. To me, it's about supporting the place I spend a lot of time at.

Now, if someone is legitimately running a business on here or supplementing their income on here, I'm almost shocked they would not support the site.

I guess every person has their own value set. That's what makes the world interesting

Mike, I think writing down your objectives (to yourself) and prioritizing them might be a good way to go about the for sale forum.

The panjo market place is just very buggy and clunky now.

If lack of site support by serial sellers is your main complaint, perhaps you can have a tiered approach:

Standard members can post twice a month total in for sale forum. This would cover the person who sells their personal playing cue after upgrading.

Gold members can post 5 times a month total.

Then dealers can post 20 times a month. Maybe charge them 100 a year, or whatever you see fit. Or maybe even give them their own section.

This tiered approach could be handled in the v bulletin software (I think?) And the posting limit would automatically take care of "bumps" and move questions relating to an item to PM's.

Thanks for all you do AZ!

Old
  (#207)
Limpkinw
AzB Silver Member
Limpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond reputeLimpkinw has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 01:28 PM

So just to be clear I can no longer sell any new production cues here if they are currently being sold by Seyberts (who the AZB marketplace affiliates for)

Is this correct?

Old
  (#208)
plshrk22
A Holes Billiards
plshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 02:46 PM

I have been trying to post a new thread with Panjo all afternoon. It keeps giving me the 404 page not found error. I am using Safari.

** I just tried using Firefox as well but had the same result.

** Just tried using a PC with Internet Explorer 8 and also Google Chrome. Panjo does not support IE 8 but does support Chrome and I had the same error on Chrome.

www.AHolesBilliards.com or click my logo below.

Last edited by plshrk22; 11-25-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Old
  (#209)
panjo
AzB Bronze Member
panjo is on a distinguished road

11-25-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshrk22 View Post
I have been trying to post a new thread with Panjo all afternoon. It keeps giving me the 404 page not found error. I am using Safari.

** I just tried using Firefox as well but had the same result.

** Just tried using a PC with Internet Explorer 8 and also Google Chrome. Panjo does not support IE 8 but does support Chrome and I had the same error on Chrome.
Hi plshrk22,

Has this been occurring when trying to create a new listing on the marketplace itself or when trying to create a new thread in the for sale subforum?

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

Old
  (#210)
plshrk22
A Holes Billiards
plshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond reputeplshrk22 has a reputation beyond repute

11-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panjo View Post
Hi plshrk22,

Has this been occurring when trying to create a new listing on the marketplace itself or when trying to create a new thread in the for sale subforum?

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support
New listing in the Wanted/For Sale

** Here is the URL it produces http://www.panjo.com/error?aspxerror...in/savelisting

www.AHolesBilliards.com or click my logo below.

Last edited by plshrk22; 11-25-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Page 14 of 15 « First 4121314 15

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: