Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Romero Cue Moving to Sacramento
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

06-10-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
Who are they and where are they?
Ariel Carmeli is a custom cue maker, and Joey Chin is his apprentice who makes his own cues as well. Carmeli lives in Corona. Ed Prewitt is a custom cue maker from Long Beach. Tad Kohara is a custom cue maker from Stanton.

Eddie Cohen is an up-and-coming custom cue maker that is in pretty high demand locally right now. He's probably your best bet for regular tip installs and normal cue work. He's "The Official Repairman" of the Mezz West State Tour. Look him up and message him on Facebook.

The point is, there are still a ton of places in a city as large as LA to get cue work done. Do a little bit of research. Little Al wasn't the only person out of 3.7 million who could work on a cue.

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

Old
  (#17)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
06-10-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Who are they and where are they?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=joey+chin+cues
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ariel+carmeli+contact+info
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cohen+cues
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ed+prewitt+contact+info
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tad+cues+contact+info

You could have found out who they were and gotten contact info for all five literally within three minutes--far less than the amount of time it took to make all the posts playing helpless.

Old
  (#18)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplaya9 View Post

You could have found out who they were and gotten contact info for all five literally within three minutes--far less than the amount of time it took to make all the posts playing helpless.
LMAO

Holy shit that's amazing. Green rep for you!

Old
  (#19)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member
GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-11-2017, 01:20 AM

Are you sure they do cue repair and tips?I would be reluctant to ask Ed Prewitt to come into his shop and do a tip on someone else's cue.

Thank You Much
Old
  (#20)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You Much - 06-11-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplaya9 View Post

Thank You Very Much.

Yes, you people know who they are, I did not until your help(?).
Thank You, for the contact info.

I asked and it took six half answers and insults from AzBer's to get here.
"Go South 20 minutes " is not much help to a Noob or anyone.

None of these people are in the YP or searchable online. I searched many times and ways.
Most of what I got was "Billiards and Barstools".
Lil Romero I heard of because I searched thru tons of threads and he's 30 LA miles from me.
Yes, these people are here on AzB, but at first I did not know their names or skills.
Even you suggested a person who is too skilled to be bothered with simple repairs.

Thank you to Baxter who gave a detailed description of each person.
But only after three half answers and a berating from both You and Poolplaya9

Why People Leave the AZB Site
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...=Business+sale
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 06-11-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Old
  (#21)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2017, 07:44 AM

Only annoying and "thin skinned" people leave AZB..... Oh yeah and demanding people usually get flamed the worst!

This site has a bunch of very different styles of people.

Love it or leave it

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#22)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post

Love it or leave it

Trent from Toledo
Why push people out?
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#23)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked

06-11-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Oh yeah and demanding people usually get flamed the worst!

Love it or leave it

Trent from Toledo
I only asked where to get some cue work done.
Attached Images

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#24)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member
Franky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2017, 09:18 AM

Unless you have an existing relationship with the maker,
or have one of "their cues" in need of repair,
it might be difficult to find a cue maker with time enough to cater to basic repair requests;
like installing a new tip.
If you need something major done, or want a new matching shaft-
that's when a cue maker is essential!
If you just need a tip replaced, and shaft and ferrule cleaned up,
then it's best to visit a local repair person.
I only have 1 person out here in my area that's allowed to touch my property;
that isn't the cue maker personally.
But, I'd trust this guy with any basic shaft repair!
Some of his clean up work has been nicer than the original makers work.
I believe Billiard's Plaza is going to be your best bet. Strictly for convenience sake.
-Franky

Last edited by Franky4Eyes; 06-11-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Thanx 4 Eyes
Old
  (#25)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked

Thanx 4 Eyes - 06-11-2017, 09:42 AM

I don't want to sound demanding but.......

Could you share the name of this person?

The only other persons I have a lead on is a Filipino dude I meet at Golden Cue but I lost his number and GC is closedand Gibby here in NoHo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky4Eyes View Post
Unless you have an existing relationship with the maker,
or have one of "their cues" in need of repair,
it might be difficult to find a cue maker with time enough to cater to basic repair requests;
like installing a new tip.
If you need something major done, or want a new matching shaft-
that's when a cue maker is essential!
If you just need a tip replaced, and shaft and ferrule cleaned up,
then it's best to visit a local repair person.
I only have 1 person out here in my area that's allowed to touch my property;
that isn't the cue maker personally.
But, I'd trust this guy with any basic shaft repair!
Some of his clean up work has been nicer than the original makers work.
I believe Billiard's Plaza is going to be your best bet. Strictly for convenience sake.
-Franky

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#26)
Baxter
Out To Win

06-11-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I don't want to sound demanding but.......

Could you share the name of this person?

The only other persons I have a lead on is a Filipino dude I meet at Golden Cue but I lost his number and GC is closedand Gibby here in NoHo.
If you're willing to go to Simi for a tip, call Joey P. Joey P. plays out of Stiix in Ventura and also frequents Sal's in Moorpark. Joey P. does great basic repair work, and has started making his own cues. The first few have turned out good, and he's getting better. I'll PM you his contact information.

Last edited by Baxter; 06-24-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Old
  (#27)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked

06-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Thanx, I've been to Sal's. Nice place. I'll ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
If you're willing to go to Simi for a tip, call Joey. Joey plays out of Stiix in Ventura and also frequents Sal's in Moorpark. Joey does great basic repair work, and has started making his own cues. The first few have turned out good, and he's getting better. I'll PM you his contact information.

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#28)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member
Franky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeFranky4Eyes has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2017, 10:20 AM

There isn't much need for someone to amass a black book of Cue Maker contact info;
in places that exceed 40 or more miles (one way!) in distance from their residence-
solely for the purpose of tip replacement. These guys don't exactly have an open book to strangers.
Lil Al is a cool fella, but I can't imagine he was doing very labor intensive repair requests for you on a regular basis.
I can't really believe the mentioned names were offered as an alternative to the basic work done by Al.
I also can't believe Joey Chin himself reached out to you,
and you're not giving that the proper respect it deserves!
You definitely want to know Joey! I'll tell you that much.
Many of the people on here with a cue makers number in their pocket
came at the expense of allot of money.
I'm just being completely candid about the reality of the situation.
Also, my repairman is located in Torrance/Carson area.
I'm not sure that would be much more logistically sound than your current situation.
You shouldn't have to drive across the county for basic repair when Simi Valley is just down the way.

Last edited by Franky4Eyes; 06-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Old
  (#29)
Franky4Eyes
AzB Silver Member

06-11-2017, 10:25 AM

And there is WAY LESS TRAFFIC going out toward Simi than dealing with the parking lot through downtown L.A.

Old
  (#30)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked

06-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky4Eyes View Post
There isn't much need for someone to amass a black book of Cue Maker contact info; in places that exceed 40 or more miles (one way!) in distance from their residence - solely for the purpose of tip replacement.

I also can't believe Joey Chin himself reached out to you,
and you're not giving that the proper respect it deserves!
You definitely want to know Joey! I'll tell you that much.

Also, my repairman is located in Torrance/Carson area.
I'm not sure that would be much more logistically sound than your current situation.

You shouldn't have to drive across the county for basic repair when Simi Valley is just down the way.
My "Black Book" is blank.

Everyone is 40+ miles away in LA.

Torrance/Carson are not that far in LA LA Land miles. 30+
I worked in Torrance off the 405 for 16 years.
I was looking to purchase Metro Billiards but I don't know how to cook pancit and adobo for the players.
The Mom and I talked about the place.

Semi Valley is 29 miles from my house.

Why is SoCal such a desert when it comes to Billiards?

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 06-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: