Reload this Page Craziest shot you ever performed
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Craziest shot you ever performed
Old
  (#1)
Push&Pool
Professional Banger
Push&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Craziest shot you ever performed - 06-10-2019, 08:54 AM

While thinking about the weirdest and most hilarious moments in pool, my memory brought me back to some of my absolutely sick shots. And by those I don't mean necessarily the most skilled ones. I'm talking about those that maybe happened a few times in your entire life, which left both you and your opponent, as well as the crowd, with a major WTF look on your face.

I'll start things off by listing the following example: quite some time ago I decided to smack my ball full on straight into the corner pocket. I don't know the reason, maybe it had a purpose, or maybe it was just for my pure enjoyment. Anyway, that shot was so hard that the ball flew out of the pocket... and landed directly into the other corner pocket basketball style!

And I have an even better one. Same stuff, different day. The ball jumped out of the corner pocket and managed to land all the way into the opposite side pocket. Jordan would've been proud.

I support and respect any form of pool. But bar pool is my life

Old
  (#2)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 08:59 AM

One-pocket escape...maybe not the best...but the best this century,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63itJ9RCnks

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-10-2019, 09:06 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wow that was some shooting.

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#4)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 09:09 AM

I had my first shot to get spit back out of a pocket last weekend. On a ball return table that is. Only medium hard stroke too. It was weird.

One crazy shot that sticks out was a back cut from about 7 1/2 or 8 feet away, sick angle...my last ball in 8 ball and the guy played a bad safe. I back cut the 6 with crazy low left to snatch the cue ball before it ran into all the traffic near the rack area, hit the side rail and came back to my side of the table (the right) for shape on the 8. Describing it isn’t even impressive but if you seent it...uhmahguness

Old
  (#5)
Push&Pool
Professional Banger
Push&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond reputePush&Pool has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

Wow, this was truly impressive... sick shooting

I have another personal example, this one also included a full power blast of a shot but had nothing to do with luck (except for the fact that the cue ball didn't fly off the table or get pocketed while travelling full table distance like 5 times). I was on the 8 ball, which was positioned very close to the top rail next to the top right corner pocket. My last pocket was the top left corner pocket. And the cue ball was, well, close to the bottom rail near the bottom right corner pocket. Naturally, being a wise and patient player I always am, I blew up the cue ball so hard it went repeatedly speeding up and down the table length, not dropping in any of the pockets only due to the power of the Force... and the 8 ball gently rolled along the entire top rail into my last pocket.

Note that while this probably wasn't my best shot, it was still performed under pressure and a good number of years ago, when I was a weaker player that I am now. And I still don't know if I could repeat that feat. It was an almost perfect 90 degree shot.

hmmm
Old
  (#6)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm - 06-10-2019, 09:31 AM

I made a Z shot playing my friend who is a much better player once. We were playing 10 ball on a very tight table. It was about 3/4 of the table distance and the object ball was just off the foot rail at the middle diamond.

BY FAR the coolest story was shooting no look spot shots with Tommy Tokoph. We alternated shots on table 1 at Bogies East, which is tight lol. I made 3 in a row and he missed his 3rd.

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#7)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:

When I saw the setup and that Frost needed one, I thought Ronn needed all three. The two-rail kick to the hanger is obvious -- given that he escapes -- but I thought the cue ball might knock the three ball in the side and get position on the up-table ball with a bank on the respotted three for the last shot. It was still pretty good.

As for my own greatest shot, it was a RAM shot on a break shot when I pocketed 17 balls including three on a neighboring table. The only ball left on my table was the eight ball and I had to shoot a jump shot from the other table to bank the eight three rails in the side -- we were playing "last pocket". I'll put up the video as soon as Cleary finishes editing it.

Last edited by Bob Jewett; 06-10-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Old
  (#8)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member
DelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Mitch Ellerman's last ball on this one pocket game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYpzGonhy0

Old
  (#9)
Push&Pool
Professional Banger

06-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
When I saw the setup and that Frost needed one, I thought Ronn needed all three. The two-rail kick to the hanger is obvious -- given that he escapes -- but I thought the cue ball might knock the three ball in the side and get position on the up-table ball with a bank on the respotted three for the last shot. It was still pretty good.

As for my own greatest shot, it was a RAM shot on a break shot when I pocketed 17 balls including three on a neighboring table. The only ball left on my table was the eight ball and I had to shoot a jump shot from the other table to bank the eight three rails in the side -- we were playing "last pocket". I'll put up the video as soon as Cleary finishes editing it.
I ran up to the table once and fired off. It was literally my first time trying to look like Happy Gilmore in front of the crew (before I even watched the movie). It would probably fit the definition of the RAM shot, if I've been told correctly. And it wasn't even a break shot. I don't remember if I pocketed anything or not. It was nearly a decade ago. I do remember three or four balls flying off the table, and my friends cursing while trying to quickly scoop them up. I don't think any of those was the cue ball...

I've attempted the same running start max power shot a few other times, but almost always miscued, or had to drastically slow down to hit the CB properly, thus greatly reducing power. But that first time... no slowing down... no second thoughts... perfectly relaxed body... hitting the CB dead center. It was probably the most powerful shot I ever performed.

Old
  (#10)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawareDogs View Post

I've seen that shot when the OB was about a ball from each cushion but that was amazing. I suspect some one pocket shot will win the prize here.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#11)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawareDogs View Post

That was great.....and Fastlenny made it greater....love the background action with
Prettyboy Floyd

Lionize your game.

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

06-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push&Pool View Post
... probably fit the definition of the RAM shot, if I've been told correctly. ...
Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.

Old
  (#13)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:

ahh, the old "two rail kick, bank that doesn't go" escape shot...…..my favorite

Old
  (#14)
pt109
WO double hemlock

06-10-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post

Pretty decent, Bob....but I hear the second table had 5 inch pockets...

Speaking of joining the airborne, here’s one from Canada’s only 400 ball runner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn-ZA2R5oQ

Lionize your game.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#15)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

06-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Pretty decent, Bob....but I hear the second table had 5 inch pockets...

Speaking of joining the airborne, here’s one from Canada’s only 400 ball runner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn-ZA2R5oQ
First, the second table was the tightest golf table you've ever seen and boy were the players ticked off. Cleary says the video will be done by tonight or sooner if he can find a really good image of a snooker table.

Second, I don't think Martel is Canadian -- he didn't apologize. It was fun to see a 12-year-old Pagulayan, though, who also seemed not to be apologizing.

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: