Reload this Page Golden Age Wrestling
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Golden Age Wrestling
Old
  (#1)
LibSuperstar
AzB Bronze Member
LibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeLibSuperstar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Golden Age Wrestling - 09-10-2019, 02:00 PM

How many folks here watched wrestling during the '50s and '60s? Though it was before my time I developed a strong interest in recent years, particularly Capitol Wrestling which was the Northeast territory promoted by Vincent J. McMahon and evolved into what is now known as WWE today.

Old
  (#2)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-10-2019, 02:35 PM

I watched it as a kid in the 80's.....the classics from that era; Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, etc....

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#3)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 02:45 PM

Loved Argentine Rocca, Ace Freeman, Eduardo Carpentier and a few villains: Crusher Lisowski and George "the Animal" Steele."
Later became fan of Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ric Flair.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#4)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 02:45 PM

I used to watch with my Dad. Late 60's and off and on since. The Crusher and The Bruiser
were awesome. They were the Road Warriors before the Road Warriors, and the Black
Jacks, never was a tougher tag team, they would bleed all over everything, almost on
command, and the Vaschon Brothers, the epitome of nastiness.
But we had the AWA out here. Every now and the Andre the Giant would pass through,
but the really big stars never stayed for very long

Old
  (#5)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Started out with WBOY, Channel 12, Clarksburg. Then WIIC, Pittsburgh. Studio Wrestling. Chilly Bill Cardille.

Old
  (#6)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
I used to watch with my Dad. Late 60's and off and on since. The Crusher and The Bruiser
were awesome. They were the Road Warriors before the Road Warriors, and the Black
Jacks, never was a tougher tag team, they would bleed all over everything, almost on
command, and the Vaschon Brothers, the epitome of nastiness.
But we had the AWA out here. Every now and the Andre the Giant would pass through,
but the really big stars never stayed for very long
AWA? Verne Gagne? Fred Blassie?

Old
  (#7)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 02:50 PM

70's and 80's

WWF

I am from Pittsburgh.

Bruno Sammartino.

Died last year. RIP.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#8)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I have fond memories of watching wrestling on WCCO Mpls Minn when I was 5-6 years old.

Verne Gagne was a local hero and hawked Geritol during the commercials.

I would body slam my sisters on the bed pretending to be him.

Professional wrestling was my first exposure to fake news.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#9)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
70's and 80's

WWF

I am from Pittsburgh.

Bruno Sammartino.

Died last year. RIP.

Bruno was the best. Classic wrestling moves, cauliflower ears. Modest on camera interviews.

Dare I say it, an immigrant.

His submission hold was the simple bear hug.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#10)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
70's and 80's

WWF

I am from Pittsburgh.

Bruno Sammartino.

Died last year. RIP.

I remember him vividly.
Attached Images

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#11)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
Yep, and Nick Bockwinkle and Ray Stevens, and Baron Von Rashke (We fear the CLAW!).
It’s where Shaun Michaels got started I think, with Marty Janetty as the Midnight
Rockers. I remember Greg Gagne and Jumpin’ Jim Brunzell, and Chief Wahoo McDaniel.
Classic days of rasslin’

Do you remember when Antonio Anoki fought Muhammad Ali? That was great

Last edited by Celophanewrap; 09-10-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Old
  (#12)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
70's and 80's

WWF

I am from Pittsburgh.

Bruno Sammartino.

Died last year. RIP.

You and I watched the same wrestling. Bruno. Flair. Bob Bachland,Steele, Batman.

Old
  (#13)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I have fond memories of watching wrestling on WCCO Mpls Minn when I was 5-6 years old.

Verne Gagne was a local hero and hawked Geritol during the commercials.

I would body slam my sisters on the bed pretending to be him.

Professional wrestling was my first exposure to fake news.
Rarely ever got to see Gagne. Always felt like I was missing a great one. never seemed to come East Coast.

Old
  (#14)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Bruno was the best. Classic wrestling moves, cauliflower ears. Modest on camera interviews.

Dare I say it, an immigrant.

His submission hold was the simple bear hug.
It shocked me when he beat Buddy Rogers.

Old
  (#15)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
Yep, and Nick Bockwinkle and Ray Stevens, and Baron Von Rashke (We fear the CLAW!).
Itís where Shaun Michaels got started I think, with Marty Janetty as the Midnight
Rockers. I remember Greg Gagne and Jumpiní Jim Brunzell, and Chief Wahoo McDaniel.
Classic days of rassliní

Do you remember when Antonio Anoki fought Muhammad Ali? That was great
Bockwinkle and Stevens were 2 more I rarely got to see. not sure I ever saw Bockwinkle but I knew of him.
Saw Blassie in later years.

Yes, I remember that fight. Anoki stayed on his back and kept kicking Ali.

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: