Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page So. I almost killed myself today.
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
So. I almost killed myself today.
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Exclamation So. I almost killed myself today. - 09-22-2019, 05:46 PM

As some as you are aware I have gotten into OTA DX'ing of television signal.
I have been looking for old large out of production antennas.

So I have been running back and forth between TN and NY.
Several weeks ago I contacted a woman concerning an old Channel Master VHF antenna she wanted removed for free.

Very good shape.
Who does not like free?

Well I made arrangements to take it down today on my way through.

The antenna was attached to an old telephone pole. Real old.
And that is where the fun began.

I set the ladder up with a band strap at the top so it could not pivot against the pole.
Then secured the ladder to the pole lower down using a ratchet tie to further prevent pivoting.
The angle was perfect. Every thing was secure.

So I headed up with my ladder step attachment. I got high enough to get a good look at the top of the pole.

I was just thinking, "Well this does not look good".
About that time I could here the wood breaking.

I thought "UH OH. Not good."

Damn thing snapped off at the ground.

So with cat like reflexes I jumped away from the ladder as the pole went down.
Unfortunately the ladder got caught on a 4x4 post on the way down and pivoted and came up to play tag with me on the way by.

Def going to be sore in the morning.

So I can scratch 1 item off my bucket list.

Show up at a complete strangers house in another state and drop a telephone pole her house.

I managed to turn a perfectly good antenna into a total loss in under 5 minutes.
Must be some sort of record.

Thank god nobody had an iPhone rolling. I am sure it would have been quite entertaining to watch.

Just think you guys could have been permanently without my wit and wisdom.
And you would not have even known what happened.

Now sad would have that been?
They would have had to shut down AZB for a day of mourning when the news broke.

Moral of the story.

Free may not be without cost. HMMMMMMMMM!

Happy 100,000th post to me.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#2)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 05:50 PM

That was a good 100K. Way to save it for when your life is on the line you drama queen

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#3)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post

Several weeks ago I contacted a woman concerning an old Channel Master VHF antenna she wanted removed for free.

Very good shape.
Who does not like free?

I set the ladder up with a band strap at the top so it could not pivot against the pole.
Then secured the ladder to the pole lower down using a ratchet tie to further prevent pivoting.

So I headed up with my ladder step attachment. I got high enough to get a good look at the top of the pole.

Unfortunately the ladder got caught on a 4x4 post on the way down and pivoted and came up to play tag with me on the way by.

Show up at a complete strangers house in another state and drop a telephone pole her house.

I managed to turn a perfectly good antenna into a total loss in under 5 minutes.

Thank god nobody had an iPhone rolling. I am sure it would have been quite entertaining to watch.

Moral of the story.

You missed my Birthday Bacon. Glad you're back in one piece! Happy 100k Brother.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#4)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 05:51 PM

I was just reading about you, glad all is well.

Old
  (#5)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

09-22-2019, 06:07 PM

Everything is right in the world

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#6)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
Everything is right in the world
The stars have aligned, and our heeb carpenter has returned.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#7)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:48 PM

How did the ladder fare?

Glad you're back.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#8)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-22-2019, 06:50 PM

Damn, its back! lol

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#9)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-22-2019, 06:53 PM

That's the spirit -!!!!!!!!!
Bring in that 100K with some punch

bill

Trump 1-12-19
" Wait till you see how it all ends up !! "
" You watch - will make front page news "

Old
  (#10)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 07:11 PM

Poles tend to worship Jewish carpenters....
...so this is really a break from tradition.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#11)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 07:27 PM

Ladder accidents kill way more than "assault" rifles.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#12)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-22-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Poles tend to worship Jewish carpenters....
...so this is really a break from tradition.
One Jewish carpenter was put to death up on a pole and a pole tried to put Sev to death under it. How ironic is that?

Scorecard.
Sev 1 Poles 0.

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Old
  (#13)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post

Very good shape.
Who does not like free?

Moral of the story.

:

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#14)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-22-2019, 07:55 PM

100k with a bang!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#15)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 08:21 PM

When I heard tales of 'telephone pole' Sev, I was guessing something very different from this.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: