Sad news. Tim Scruggs past away last night.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim was such a nice guy and of course a fantastic cue maker. Here is a shot from the first time I went to the shop to order my cue years ago. Rest in Peace, Catbird.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434749678.685725.jpg

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I was just getting ready to go to a place where I may be able to put them on a disk or flash drive. looks like I have about 25. The date on the slides says Apr 81.

It is odd, I have been looking for these for the longest time along with a lot of tournaments pictures. A few days ago I found them all over the floor in the hallway. One of the cats must have pulled the box down off a shelf. Then as I was looking at them today, I see the posting about Tim.

-

Extremely odd occurrence, I'll be awaiting to view the pictures you have preserved.
I'll toss a few bucks in to the hat towards a nice headstone if that's what you guys are thinking.
RIP tim.

Rob.M

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Scruggs

Great cue maker, and a better Man! His cues influenced the whole East Coast and beyond! R.I.P. To a Hall of Famer
Condolences to his family.

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is very sad news! I was fortunate to own one of his cues and it was hands down the most well balanced cue I've ever had in my hands! Oh how I wish I hadn't sold it! R.I.P. Mr. Scruggs! My condolences to his family and close friends!

Randy

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
One of the nicest, most professional cuemakers ever. He should be the model that all other cuemakers follow.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Just today I was at my post office to take care of some business regarding a scammer who tried to get me on a Southwest.

While there, a wonderful TS cue that I just bought yesterday arrived overnight via express mail. Of course, in between taking care of our paperwork, I was excited to catch a glimpse of this very special cue, so I let the unpacking begin. First time in my life I was delighted when the postal folks had to go tend to other stuff.

Rest in peace, Tim.

You left an incredible legacy behind.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• TS-14k-full-versace.jpg
    TS-14k-full-versace.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 489
  • TS-14k-jp-script.jpg
    TS-14k-jp-script.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 483
  • TS-14k-cross.jpg
    TS-14k-cross.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 504
  • TS-14k-points.jpg
    TS-14k-points.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 568
  • TS-14k-buttsleeve.jpg
    TS-14k-buttsleeve.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Thank You sir for notifying everyone. I am an old friend of Mr. Scruggs and will miss him dearly.

Sincerely
Mike Wilson

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim was a wonderful and pleasant person
he was always so glad to hear from me when i called

here toward the last he was battling cancer,after Mike passed away,then his wife and then his health

I will always remember him for his kindness and gentle spirit.I am
not ashamed to say I loved him.
Life seldom works out like we hope,I have not turned out the way i would like to have,but
Tim's example cheers me.Eric was a true friend to Tim and that is a source of admiration for me

Rick Landsberg in LA just told me,it seems like yesterday when Rick called with the news about Jerry Franklin.
On the other side mark Griffin just called and he is recovering from his operation

Good bye dear friend

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am saddened to hear of Tim's passing. He was a great cue maker for sure.

Just today I was at my post office to take care of some business regarding a scammer who tried to get me on a Southwest.

While there, a wonderful TS cue that I just bought yesterday arrived overnight via express mail. Of course, in between taking care of our paperwork, I was excited to catch a glimpse of this very special cue, so I let the unpacking begin. First time in my life I was delighted when the postal folks had to go tend to other stuff.

Rest in peace, Tim.

best,
brian kc

He sure did, that cue you posted here is a great example of that!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rest in peace, Tim.

best,
brian kc
That is a pretty old cue. Back around 1979 or 1980 we sent some gold inlays to Tim for his cues. He was doing a few collectors cues. He also wanted the horse shoe and the, I think it is called an unk in gold. That cue probably has the inlays we sent him. Here is the brochure from the two collector cues with the gold.

Attachments

• scruggs gold 2.jpg
    scruggs gold 2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 452
  • scruggs gold.jpg
    scruggs gold.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 455

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Terrible, tragic news. Devastating.

Tim was a superb cuemaker, hall of fame caliber, loved and respected by everyone who came to know
him during his wonderful career. Even surpassing his cue making abilities were his soft spoken, well-mannered and friendly ways
that caused thousands upon thousands to hold him as a dear friend. Highest integrity, he will never be forgotten.

Tim, Rhoda and I will have you and your loved ones in our thoughts and prayers.

RIP my friend,

Will Prout

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I've known Tim since I was a kid. Superlative craftsman but more importantly a fantastic human being, always a smile for everyone. RIP Tim.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Timmy...we lost one of the best cue maker and a super wonderful person....you'll be missed sir