Madison, WI- BB in WI

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stockpot

Registered
Madison

The Brass Ring has 8 full size tables in good shape. The Rock in sun prairie has 8 Diamond bar boxes.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever been there? UW in Madison is the Berkeley of the Midwest. Talk about a bunch of 'flakes. Not too much into pool. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going up for cycling. I'll Berkeley for a bit, that's ok by me.
Madison is actually a pretty chill college town overall. Beautiful setting and weather is usually great around now. Cycling is pretty big in the area. You need it to burn-off the brats-n-beer.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replied to your message, but I’ll post here for others searching in the future.

Brass Ring is a great place to shoot and where I play League on Monday nights. Not a lot of action though, the tables are 9’ red label Diamonds and this is bar box country for the most part. Great tap list here if you’re into beer.

You can likely find some action or more serious competition at The Rock in Sun Prairie or The Ball Room in Portage, both a relatively short drive from Madison. Those would be Diamond bar boxes.

Or, the best spot in the state for serious pool is the Carom Room down in Beloit, about an hours drive.

Be happy to meet up and shoot with you if the timing works out, though I’m not likely to provide much serious competition as I’m just not that good, sadly. But might be able to point you to some who are if they’re around.

minnesota_slim

Registered
The Old Fashioned

On the capital square does not have pool tables, but it is a great place for Wisconsin fare, and the owner, Bob, is a pool player who can direct you around (I think he plays at the Brass Ring).

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make the short drive down to Beloit. The carom room is one of the best pool rooms in the country.

It would definitely be in my must-sees, when I do my north American pool tour.

I'll probably do it right after I win 8+ figures in a lottery.

I don't have a car of my own in WI. Or a lottery ticket.