Billiards Chair

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m interested in two pool room chairs for my basement. I specifically would like a tall chair with notches on each arm for a break cue and a playing cue, a cup holder for a drink, a foot rest, comfortable padding, and perhaps space for a cell phone or other knickknacks.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have these from American Heritage Pool. I had a connection and got a pretty good deal but they are over $500 at full retail. Stock image and actual. There's a drawer under the seat. I'd say that would be a good place for a cell phone...after turning it off.
141a77812bb7bf8c5b1f9e8db1c0344e.jpg
c9b2d36aa0874a6af8f2bd8ddb237f36.jpg

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

These are similar to mine. They are more than adequate.

One warning though. If your room is "sort of" tight for space, the drink holders are basically useless. At some point in time you'll end up knocking a drink over with the butt of your cue. I'm thinking about cutting the holes out all the way through so a glass/cup fits down into the hole for stability.

Maniac

shayne87

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 chairs available for $400 for the pair. send email address for photos I cannot upload to site.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are similar to mine. They are more than adequate.

One warning though. If your room is "sort of" tight for space, the drink holders are basically useless. At some point in time you'll end up knocking a drink over with the butt of your cue. I'm thinking about cutting the holes out all the way through so a glass/cup fits down into the hole for stability.

Maniac

Never considered that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the American Heritage chair and sold it because it was not comfortable for me. But that may be just my issue. My point is, do not just look at the looks and price. You maybe sitting in the chair for a while ( playing guys that just don't miss) so I would suggest you sit in any chair before putting out the cash.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American Heritage

I have two of the American Heritage "King's Chair," the one above with the drawer under the seat. They also make a less expensive spectator's chair.

The problem I have is that when getting off the, with one's weight on the foot rest, the rear legs come off the floor, and then go back with a bang. Annoying and disconcerting. Other than that they are great. I suspect the Brunswick ones are better, but they are also a lot more dough.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try looking in Craigslist. Right now there is a "Spectator Chair" in Cleveland for $200.00.

If you want a truly authentic Brunswick chair, Derrick has a good inventory.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like those types of billiard spectator chairs but have issue with the cup / drink rest. Too easy to knock said drink to the floor. Would be better is they were recessed. Other wise they are great.

I have two in my room that I am going to customize. Recover the cushions, remove the drink holder and repaint a dark grey. Or maybe paint to match my GCI ??

Should look pretty sporty when done.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you are in no hurry
something like thisshows up on Az every so often

Table movers see more of these than anyone
a guy like mark Gregory probably has an oportunity to get them every week

if you like the search, maybe this will help

I used to have them and never used them,howevr I think about buying when i don't have them

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walmart sells one that looks adequate for $210 (free shipping). Similar American Heritage chair is $270 (looks slightly taller with a wider searback). Would be interested in feedback re: comfort/quality from those who bought them. I tend to favor the A.H., but wonder if the extra $60 is worth it (?).

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the more expensive one. Took a couple hours to assemble. I added carpenter’s glue to all the bolted joints, and shimmed up the seat front about an inch (factory seating position was too upright/forward for my taste). Also installed taller bumpers under the front legs, and some adhesive felt in the cue holder grooves. All together, not a bad looking chair, and I like the upholstered seatback & cushion. Comfortable enough, and sturdy enough for light use by averaged sized persons (though some fore & aft flexion is still detectable). Likely not sturdy enough for heavy-duty/commercial use though.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Bought the more expensive one. Took a couple hours to assemble. I added carpenter’s glue to all the bolted joints, and shimmed up the seat front about an inch (factory seating position was too upright/forward for my taste). Also installed taller bumpers under the front legs, and some adhesive felt in the cue holder grooves. All together, not a bad looking chair, and I like the upholstered seatback & cushion. Comfortable enough, and sturdy enough for light use by averaged sized persons (though some fore & aft flexion is still detectable). Likely not sturdy enough for heavy-duty/commercial use though.
Which one is that?...the AH?

Sent from the future.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. The AH. Comes with a nice stainless drink holder insert (BTW: the drink holder attachment fits on either side).

Last edited: