Billiards Chair

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought the more expensive one. Took a couple hours to assemble. I added carpenter’s glue to all the bolted joints, and shimmed up the seat front about an inch (factory seating position was too upright/forward for my taste). Also installed taller bumpers under the front legs, and some adhesive felt in the cue holder grooves. All together, not a bad looking chair, and I like the upholstered seatback & cushion. Comfortable enough, and sturdy enough for light use by averaged sized persons (though some fore & aft flexion is still detectable). Likely not sturdy enough for heavy-duty/commercial use though.

BTW: I should probably add, for those interested, while the ‘fore & aft’ flex I mentioned is not that big a deal, it isn’t likely to improve with time/use. So, I would suggest to anyone who also buys this and plans to glue the bolted joints, that since the assembly process is so slow/complex, they should take their time and let each section dry before proceeding. I think the glue bonds may have been compromised by subsequent maneuvering. Whatever, the manufacturer should have included an ‘X-braced’ design in the pre-assembled side sections. It wouldn’t have cost that much more, and would have been a substantial improvement in rigidity that customers would happily have paid for.

Last edited:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW: I should probably add, for those interested, while the ‘fore & aft’ flex I mentioned is not that big a deal, it isn’t likely to improve with time/use. So, I would suggest to anyone who also buys this and plans to glue the bolted joints, that since the assembly process is so slow/complex, they should take their time and let each section dry before proceeding. I think the glue bonds may have been compromised by subsequent maneuvering. Whatever, the manufacturer should have included an ‘X-braced’ design in the pre-assembled side sections. It wouldn’t have cost that much more, and would have been a substantial improvement in rigidity that customers would happily have paid for.

Update: After a more thorough assessment, I realized it was mainly the preassembled/glued section joints that were flexing. So, I just poured a lot of thin superglue into those loose joints. Now, chair is very solid/stable. I initially had decided that only one chair would be sufficient (mostly 14.1 games= only two players), but now I think I will buy another matching chair so each player will have his own drink/cue holder, since the price/quality is satisfactory.