Want to see another big pool movie like COM ?

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted for you as well.
If everyone on here put their vote in you'd probably landslide the win.
C'mon people!

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Voted

You got some work to do. You are currently 689 behind the leader

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't mind voting, but it seems to me that the site is simply measuring how well-connected and savvy the authors are with social media. The voting has little to do with the quality of the script. I wonder if the site is mostly doing something very different from how it's portrayed.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nah. the hustler was a good movie. tcom was tom cruise prancing around with the cue behind his back. crappy story.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Voted! Is there any way to actually read the story or did I overlook that part?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've read "The Hustled and Gotten". It has a very good story line, told/narrated through a Mr. Rogers type character, which I wasn't crazy about. Sort of like a preacher telling a dirty joke and omitting all the dirty parts. Sure the joke might still be funny, but it loses a lot of its color, its authenticity.

Anyway, it's a very good story, a good book. But I'd need to read the competing works before casting any vote for movie possibilities.

UPDATE: After studying up on the competition, Joe's story is the only pool related story, so I voted for it! And I'm going to share it on Facebook.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't mind voting, but it seems to me that the site is simply measuring how well-connected and savvy the authors are with social media. The voting has little to do with the quality of the script. I wonder if the site is mostly doing something very different from how it's portrayed.

The site creator seems to have tapped into a great moneymaking idea -- pay only $88 to submit a story that might catch a producer's eye in Hollywood. It could very well be a genuine opportunity for independent/self-publishing writers, and if so that's not a bad price to pay. At the very least, $88/year is cheap advertising.

I'm sure the site is straight up, providing a great opportunity for writers that would otherwise have no such opportunity, regardless of the likelihood that most of those $88 submissions won't amount to anything. But there are always exceptions, and Joe has written a very good story, well worth reading. Sometimes all it takes is having the right person see it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The site creator seems to have tapped into a great moneymaking idea -- pay only $88 to submit a story that might catch a producer's eye in Hollywood. It could very well be a genuine opportunity for independent/self-publishing writers, and if so that's not a bad price to pay. At the very least, $88/year is cheap advertising.

I'm sure the site is straight up, providing a great opportunity for writers that would otherwise have no such opportunity, regardless of the likelihood that most of those $88 submissions won't amount to anything. But there are always exceptions, and Joe has written a very good story, well worth reading. Sometimes all it takes is having the right person see it.

Sound like someone has an idea to turn $88.00 into a money flow, I honeslty could not read a script fast enoght to make this a profitable venture. Wonder if this reading service has any trace record of catching producer ears.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The leader in this round has over 2000 votes. The OP's book has 300. The contest ends in 7 hours. You better vote soon.