Cat Got Your Tongues?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
About 90% of the post are not worth reading much less posting on them. Kind of like do you wear boxers or briefs. Who cares or wants to know.

Hi Bill;

I said a long time ago about azb that at times it feels like you have to sift through a lot of ash to find some embers but when you do it feels like it was well worth the effort.

btw, which tip do you prefer? :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Hi Kickin' Chicken,

best from Germany my friend.

My tip is called Da Vinci Soft, hope it helps...:) :wink::joyful:

june-bug

Registered
I found this forum I guess a little over a year ago when i was in the market for a pool table. Had no idea it even existed as I've really just kinda gotten into pool the last 2 years or so. Grew up with a table in my grandpa's but after he sold it some 30 years ago that was the end of my pool playing till recently.

Most days I lurk around here just to see what therealkingcobra has to say...but for some reason it seems he's been awfully quiet lately.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I found this forum I guess a little over a year ago when i was in the market for a pool table. Had no idea it even existed as I've really just kinda gotten into pool the last 2 years or so. Grew up with a table in my grandpa's but after he sold it some 30 years ago that was the end of my pool playing till recently.

Most days I lurk around here just to see what therealkingcobra has to say...but for some reason it seems he's been awfully quiet lately.

So what kind of table did you buy?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hi Kickin' Chicken,

best from Germany my friend.

My tip is called Da Vinci Soft, hope it helps...:) :wink::joyful:

Hi Jack!

I spent a little time in Germany courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Was stationed at Wiesbaden Air Base as an Army grunt. Got to see some beautiful countryside, much of it on my belly. :grin:

There was some fun, too, along the Rhine and Mosel Rivers and I even got to go to Oktoberfest in Munich. Now that's a party!!! And those pretty girls at the Hofbrauhaus carrying all those mugs. :wub::love2:

So you use a DaVinci soft tip. I'm not familiar with those. Are they German made? You can answer in code if needed. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
(Hi Jack! )

I spent a little time in Germany courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Was stationed at Wiesbaden Air Base as an Army grunt. Got to see some beautiful countryside, much of it on my belly. :grin:

There was some fun, too, along the Rhine and Mosel Rivers and I even got to go to Oktoberfest in Munich. Now that's a party!!! And those pretty girls at the Hofbrauhaus carrying all those mugs. :wub::love2:

So you use a DaVinci soft tip. I'm not familiar with those. Are they German made? You can answer in code if needed. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

You’re doing this to your own thread? :eek:

M0NSTERKILLER

Registered
Hello mk:

If you could change or suggest one thing to make pool better, what would that be?

Thanks for saying hello. :thumbup:

Hey Chicken! I would encourage younger players to approach this as a sport instead of a pastime. Practice drills, proper coaching about straight stroke fundamentals and a solid stance could go a long way to keep the experience positive.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I log on from time to time. I used to post all the time. I think I tend to come across in a sarcastic way. I think I might give off an uncool vibe.

Strat

I'm gonna post this just to see how many posts I have and when the last one was.

Ok, now I have 2. Been a member for 3 years, 2 months.

Pickinator

Hi
I am a lurker as well. I came here last year as we were researching bar tables for a purchase. We ended up purchasing a refurbished cast-corners 7’ Dynamo with new felt and new high-end rail bumpers. We purchased it from the game guy (Nick) who owns most of the games, tables, juke boxes ... in our area. He delivered and set up the table and installed the new rails and changed the coin slot to 1 quarter for us. We wanted to keep it on as a piggy bank. The pool table has replaced our dining room table and a pool table light has replaced the dining room light.

We also bought a new set of Aramith premium balls along with Aramith’s best cue ball (purple dot) for the magnetic return, extra 8 balls, and new Viking Valhalla cue sticks. We are into it all for: $700/table, $200/rail upgrade, $200/balls/extra 8s/purple dot, $100/(2) Viking cues, $100/light, $50/bridge/chalk/cover/tips and extras. $1350 all in.

I know these are not impressive numbers or equipment to the pros here at the forum and maybe that is why I have been a bit of a self-conscious lurker rather than an opinion giver. My wife and I are about 7 out of 10 skill levels. We have shot in pool leagues and my wife has played in local tournaments.

We are fans of Shane Van Boening and entertained by the antics of Earl Strickland on YouTube. Now our facts are exposed. 🎱

Jim
Eagle River Wisconsin

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice!

Hi
I am a lurker as well. I came here last year as we were researching bar tables for a purchase. We ended up purchasing a refurbished cast-corners 7’ Dynamo with new felt and new high-end rail bumpers. We purchased it from the game guy (Nick) who owns most of the games, tables, juke boxes ... in our area. He delivered and set up the table and installed the new rails and changed the coin slot to 1 quarter for us. We wanted to keep it on as a piggy bank. The pool table has replaced our dining room table and a pool table light has replaced the dining room light.

We also bought a new set of Aramith premium balls along with Aramith’s best cue ball (purple dot) for the magnetic return, extra 8 balls, and new Viking Valhalla cue sticks. We are into it all for: $700/table, $200/rail upgrade, $200/balls/extra 8s/purple dot, $100/(2) Viking cues, $100/light, $50/bridge/chalk/cover/tips and extras. $1350 all in.

I know these are not impressive numbers or equipment to the pros here at the forum and maybe that is why I have been a bit of a self-conscious lurker rather than an opinion giver. My wife and I are about 7 out of 10 skill levels. We have shot in pool leagues and my wife has played in local tournaments.

We are fans of Shane Van Boening and entertained by the antics of Earl Strickland on YouTube. Now our facts are exposed. 🎱

Jim
Eagle River Wisconsin

Jim,

Nice indeedy! Got yourself one of them fancy eating tables like Jed Clampett and a wife that is into the same!

I knew I didn't need a living room and a den so the living room became a pool room. I had a total junk table but I hit a lot of balls on it and improved my game.

If it is like around here, most play will take place on bar tables, some advantages to practicing what you play on!

Hu