Another one for the old man! - Efren wins!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren bags Predator 10-ball in a 10-9 thriller against Superman!

Congrats!

Xander

Congrats to Efren. That's so cool. :smile:

Poor Superman really is the proverbial bride's maid in pool. But, hey, next best thing to coming in first is coming in second. :wink:

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never could get the stream to work reliably at all. I hope someone got a video to upload so we can watch what must have been an exciting match.

Congrats to Efren!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Efren is like a Timex, he just keeps on ticking. Congrats on the win. Johnnyt

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pretty good for a washed up old man, LOL

Still my hero go Effi go
so much for those that said he was gona retire

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Congrats to Efren.
I was up till 3 watching it.

Sadly, I've never seen worse sharking for a pro-finals match. :eek:
The ref should have put a gag order on both players. They were talking heavily.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Efren.

What happened, Joey? I didn't get to see the finals on the video, if there was one. The pool players were talking, Superman and Efren? :confused:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Efren.

Joey-

Was Efren talking sh#t? Wow. I have only seen him play a couple of times. I have only seen him where his play on the table did the talking.

Superman-I could believe.

What's the story?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Joey-

Was Efren talking sh#t? Wow. I have only seen him play a couple of times. I have only seen him where his play on the table did the talking.

Superman-I could believe.

What's the story?

They were both jumping off their chairs as soon as the other guy missed or played safe.
They were both talking. Right after they shot to the audience.
I saw Efren blatantly move in front of Gomez while he was shooting at a ball in that corner. Gomez was blatantly moving on his chair too when Efren was shooting in the final game.
They both had microphones. It might the last time they are going to do that. They were both using foul languages after a bad shot or a bad roll.

It was a sloppy match, honestly. They each had 5 errors easily. Gomez ahead at 5-1 one time and then he let Efren inch back in. Efren looked lost early and Gomez was just cruising.

Jay was there doing the color. He commented there was a lot of sharking one time after Gomez started talking to the audience after he shot.

The ref missed one call even when Efren shot a combo but did not call it. He also sharked Gomez one time when he called a timeout even though Gomez hadn't called for one yet.

Sorry Jay, but the table looked like it played bad. It banked real short and it made a horrible sound . I'm guessing the rails aren't bolted thru the slate.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have loved to see Efren sharking....never before here in the US.

They both must have been comfortable in their element...same ol, same ol?

Thanks.:smile:

Biggz

Unregistered
Silver Member
Way to go old guy!!! Man, 56 years old and still kicking a$$. Keep on winning King! We all know you are ageless.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even with the sharking, you got to give him his due. Still knocking down major tournaments at 56y/o.:grin:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great match!!! I was lucky enough to be sitting almost front row, center of the table.

I have to disagree with Joey. Overall the match was fine, loose and neither player seemed to mind.

The one thing I don't agree with is the players getting up out of thier chair to look at a questionable leave by their opponenet. That happened quite a few times. I would rather see them stay in their chair and sit quietly.

Overall it was a very setup and run very smoothly. No issues at all.

I leave Manila later today, but really wish I could stay!!

Russ.........