Milk Duds Tips by Adam Frank

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello AZB,

I purchased a few of these tips from DASHZNT, and thought I would do a mini review.

I ordered a few of these on Tuesday, and they were in my hands on Thursday (great service)!

I had a Kamui Med on my playing cue, and, I quickly removed it and installed a new Adam Frank's Milk Dud. I have been installing my own tips for over 40 years, and have no spcialized equipment. I use a cutting board, razor knife, Kiridashi knife, sandpaper, Gorilla Glue Gel and patience.

Installation was no more difficult then any other medium to hard tip. Here is a photo of the finished product.

I hit my local room, and played 9ball for six solid hours using the cue for playing and breaking the entire time. The hit and cue ball control are fantastic. It provides a very solid hit with that wonderful (ping) along with incredible spin on all shots including forced draw, follow and side spin. The cue simply came to life with this tip. The chalk holding ability was amazing, and not a single miscue on even long straight forced draw shots.

Did I forget to mention maintenance.... I did not because there was none required. The tip was in the same condition after all the play as it was upon my installing it. Not even a occasional was necessary.

I have found my new favorite tip, and a half the cost of the hi tech tips offered today. I have zero doubt that these will Outlast a Kamui 2 to 1 or better.

Just a note. I install the clear pads myself, they do not come on, or with the tip.

I think you owe it to yourself to give these tips a try. You really have nothing to lose, and a whole lot to gain. Give one a try next time you need a tip replaced, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have not received anything for this review from the seller or the maker, nor do I have any affiliation with either of them. Just my honest thoughts on a fantastic product.

Attachments

• IMG_20190927_113343680~2.jpg
    IMG_20190927_113343680~2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 589

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello AZB,

I purchased a few of these tips from DASHZNT, and thought I would do a mini review.

I ordered a few of these on Tuesday, and they were in my hands on Thursday (great service)!

I had a Kamui Med on my playing cue, and, I quickly removed it and installed a new Adam Frank's Milk Dud. I have been installing my own tips for over 40 years, and have no spcialized equipment. I use a cutting board, razor knife, Kiridashi knife, sandpaper, Gorilla Glue Gel and patience.

Installation was no more difficult then any other medium to hard tip. Here is a photo of the finished product.

I hit my local room, and played 9ball for six solid hours using the cue for playing and breaking the entire time. The hit and cue ball control are fantastic. It provides a very solid hit with that wonderful (ping) along with incredible spin on all shots including forced draw, follow and side spin. The cue simply came to life with this tip. The chalk holding ability was amazing, and not a single miscue on even long straight forced draw shots.

Did I forget to mention maintenance.... I did not because there was none required. The tip was in the same condition after all the play as it was upon my installing it. Not even a occasional was necessary.

I have found my new favorite tip, and a half the cost of the hi tech tips offered today. I have zero doubt that these will Outlast a Kamui 2 to 1 or better.

Just a note. I install the clear pads myself, they do not come on, or with the tip.

I think you owe it to yourself to give these tips a try. You really have nothing to lose, and a whole lot to gain. Give one a try next time you need a tip replaced, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have not received anything for this review from the seller or the maker, nor do I have any affiliation with either of them. Just my honest thoughts on a fantastic product.

What brand of Kiridashi knife do you use? I'm wanting to get a decent quality knife, but I've seen them from $8.00 to $130. I'm trying different brands of tips so like yourself, I'd just be using it to change out the tips.

Eddie

tdmga08

Registered
I recently tried Adam Franks Milk Dud tip. I've only had it on a week and I used that shaft in a Tournament. It was an 8 Ball Mixed Scotch Doubles on Diamond Barboxes. I usually play with Le Pros or Water Buffalos. I have always had extra shafts because I normally wouldn't use a new tip in a Tournament. This tip performed great. I played in 8 Matches all together, races of 7/5. I had this one really difficult shot like the picture. The object ball was more than halfway down table, straight in to the corner. I didn't want to leave my partner a backcut bank on our last ball by the Cue Ball and her Defense skills were limited so I decided to Jack up and draw it all the way back to the short rail. The tip handled it no problem. I drew it back so straight that the cue ball hit the frozen ball and they both bounced slightly off the rail so my partner had an easy cut shot in the corner. It is a really good tip.
68730a9756e274ca171141a3ba1c3814.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
where can I get access to these? Ive tried Pooldawgs on here but these seem like they would be a bit taller and plus I wouldn't mind trying some different duds... As long as they aren't duds... If you know what I mean lol.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 identical shafts for my player that I rotate every session.
3 have hard pressed Triangles and one has a Milk Dud.
Don't notice a difference between the Milk Dud and the Triangles.
To me they play pretty much the same.

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
where can I get access to these? Ive tried Pooldawgs on here but these seem like they would be a bit taller and plus I wouldn't mind trying some different duds... As long as they aren't duds... If you know what I mean lol.
Someone asked me to make make some duds..so I made some out of Elk master an some Triangles, they kinda a hard but Not to hard for me,if you like to try them just pay for shipping
Madman Tips
Thanks
Juan Ríos