Zero-X system???

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought his kicking video. It was pretty good, very easy to understand. At the time I had just started playing pool and it really helped me with one and two rail kicks. Like anyone else will tell you, stystems guve you a good baseline but every table is different, and learning how speed and spin will affect kicks and banks is key to becoming a good banker/kicker.

flaslyfox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have all of his work truly easy to follow and will improve your game a bunch, go to his web site and get them

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased his entire DVD set myself as it was easier and more convenient for me to watch it on DVD then to stream it all the time over and over. One of the other advantages to purchasing the set was it allows you to download two separate ebooks as well that you can print out which will give you hundreds of drills to practice. I also recently purchased his new book as well and it is very well made and stuffed with good material as well.Tor has another product coming out in December if I am not mistaken as well. The material covered in these products is quite extensive. I believe it will improve a very high percentage of peoples skill level if they take the time to learn and practice it regularly.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see there is a Secrets II and Secrets III....but is there no Secrets I?

BurritoBandido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great product and even better person. Honestly for the price I think it packs some of the most bang for the buck on the market. Also all three videos can be viewed for free on YouTube. TBH I can't imagine someone applying this knowledge, and practicing these drills not jumping up at least a few levels in their game.

jamnut

Underwater Tiger
Silver Member
anyone tried the 3000 shot or something as daunting?

I'm in the middle of this right now, just did ten more racks (plus QB) yesterday.
I'm up to 55 racks/880 balls of stroke practice.
I can feel it working for me; I am starting to "groove" my stroke, and can tell when I am not executing properly. I can tell when I am jabbing at the ball, or not following through, or not staying down.
What is daunting is his admonition to not play while you are doing this drill. I have to admit I'm not doing as he advises; I HAVE to play! You know how it is!
I have noticed an improvement while playing, particularly with across/up/down the table shots, whether there is lots of green between the QB and OB, or when there is lots of green between the OB and the pocket. When I execute properly, I make the shot more often.
I think it is working, so I will see it through to the end, and plan to do it at a reduced level for as long as I shoot pool.
I'd advise people to at least try it for ten/twenty racks or so, and see what it does for them.

Last edited:

BurritoBandido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the middle of this right now, just did ten more racks (plus QB) yesterday.
I'm up to 55 racks/880 balls of stroke practice.
I can feel it working for me; I am starting to "groove" my stroke, and can tell when I am not executing properly. I can tell when I am jabbing at the ball, or not following through, or not staying down.
What is daunting is his admonition to not play while you are doing this drill. I have to admit I'm not doing as he advises; I HAVE to play! You know how it is!
I have noticed an improvement while playing, particularly with across/up/down the table shots, whether there is lots of green between the QB and OB, or when there is lots of green between the OB and the pocket. When I execute properly, I make the shot more often.
I think it is working, so I will see it through to the end, and plan to do it at a reduced level shoot pool.
I'd advise people to at least try it for ten/twenty racks or so, and see what it does for them.

Stroke drill? Crazy I got up in the hundreds but it's tough!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would never try it, nor recommend it. It is complete and total overkill. We teach the same thing, but with 42 reps...not 3000. With MD 1 you learn a heck of a lot about the quality, accuracy and repeatability of your own stroke...because you get useful feedback immediately...not after taking days to shoot 1000's of shots.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Why not scottlee? You don't think it helps or you've tried it or...?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would never try it, nor recommend it. It is complete and total overkill. We teach the same thing, but with 42 reps...not 3000. With MD 1 you learn a heck of a lot about the quality, accuracy and repeatability of your own stroke...because you get useful feedback immediately...not after taking days to shoot 1000's of shots.

Scott Lee

let me say first
i have taken several lessons from scott
he helped me with my stroke .....thank you
but there is ALOT more to learn in xero -X
scott with all due respect
your focus on a repeatable stroke forgets the other aspects of the game
there is so much knowledge on xero-x material
beyond mother drills
which again if your mechanics are not sound
the knowedge only help you to a degree
but to put tors stuff downs
CMON MAN

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry...Reread my post. I quoted only the initial 3000 ball drill...which I happen to disagree with. I made no mention of, nor reference to Tor Lowry's other material...some of which is exactly the same thing I teach, and some is different. I have always said that his material is well organized and presented. FTR, I teach ALL other aspects of how to play, including mental training. Let's keep it on topic. With all the better instructors, stroke is the first and foremost thing to focus on.

Scott Lee

let me say first
i have taken several lessons from scott
he helped me with my stroke .....thank you
but there is ALOT more to learn in xero -X
scott with all due respect
your focus on a repeatable stroke forgets the other aspects of the game
there is so much knowledge on xero-x material
beyond mother drills
which again if your mechanics are not sound
the knowedge only help you to a degree
but to put tors stuff downs
CMON MAN

Last edited:

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
42 reps and you think that is better than 2-3000? Tor doesn't say to do them all

on the same day,tho he recommends that you do them without playing a game.

I'm not doubting scotts ability to teach but at the same time, I don't think that

you'll get better results by doing something only 42 times and thats not just my

opinion