of it being buddy's player for a while

if it belonged to buddy $1600 or so seems reasonable,case ,shafts etc

if not $500 seems generous

25 years ago maybe 30.Meucci cues were a little better than they are today

i bought cues like this by the dozen for a while until the quality cgot worse

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy says he's a storage locker buyer and has 400 pieces of crap for sale to prove it.

Can anybody confirm his address at the time?

Update: plenty online to support Buddy living in Seffner, Fl.

So the cue of arguably the best 9 ball player ever is for sale on Ebay!

It already bid up to $1800 since these posts.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes it's real and I still have a couple of the same boxes here.

Just can't believe some of the prices on Ebay lately for Meucci cues.

People have too much money to spend or they just don't know the values of cues.

Good for me though since I'll be selling some.

Wilk

Registered
Be a little careful, I can't speak on the butt as it looks legit to me, but two of the shafts actually have different ring work than the other two. And, none of them actually match the ring work on the butt.

If you count the colored veneers you will see they are not all the same. Two have 4 veneers, and two have more 5 or 6. Colors don't match well either, but that could just be age,finish, or even sweat from hands on joint rings.

Nice cue either way.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be a little careful, I can't speak on the butt as it looks legit to me, but two of the shafts actually have different ring work than the other two. And, none of them actually match the ring work on the butt.

Nice catch

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a Rifleman series cue. Model BH-3. Not all that rare. $1800 is waaaaaaaay out of line.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy says he's a storage locker buyer and has 400 pieces of crap for sale to prove it.

Can anybody confirm his address at the time?

Update: plenty online to support Buddy living in Seffner, Fl.

So the cue of arguably the best 9 ball player ever is for sale on Ebay!

It already bid up to $1800 since these posts.
Sefner is where he lived. He was house pro at a place called Planet 9ball down there. Played a lot at Baker's also.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Don't believe Buddy ever used a cue with a finish over the linen wrap. If there is a video of him using one, I'd like to see it.

All the best,
WW

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy used to be sponsored by Meucci for years and years. Part of his sponsorship was instead of cash Bob would send him cues to sell... I'm guessing he has probably played with and then sold over 100 different ones...

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+Buddy played with a lot of cues

Dennis Glenn has his Balabushka and a total of 11 of his personal cues.

Not that that makes this one worthless
Looks like a nice package of cue case and box

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+Buddy played with a lot of cues

Dennis Glenn has his Balabushka and a total of 11 of his personal cues.

Not that that makes this one worthless
Looks like a nice package of cue case and box
Buddy switched cues like most people switch socks. I've seen him play with four different cues in one day. No lie.

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt very seriously that this was a “personal” cue of his. Odds are, it was one that he was sent to sell. The case is a neat case. Personally, I think it is way overpriced now. 2 shafts are to a 2nd cue and the case doesn’t have his name on it. Which, I would think, that at that time he would have a case with his name on it. Oh well. I know I am not touching it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt very seriously that this was a “personal” cue of his. Odds are, it was one that he was sent to sell. The case is a neat case. Personally, I think it is way overpriced now. 2 shafts are to a 2nd cue and the case doesn’t have his name on it. Which, I would think, that at that time he would have a case with his name on it. Oh well. I know I am not touching it.
"Personal" cue to Buddy didn't mean much. He got them free and they were all for sale. This is likely a player of his. I know its old but if it was sent to sell it wouldn't have all those shafts. Never seen a case with his name on it. Been around the guy a lot over the years. Cues to him were just a tool. He came to Tulsa once with a Bludworth he said was greatest ever and sold it before he left.