Last 4 Ever Tip Tool

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where else can you find a $25 Xmas gift that someone would really like?

Free shaft burnisher included with every tip tool purchase @ Last4Ever.com

Have a great holiday season and thanks for all of your support over the years.

Joel

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where else can you find a $25 Xmas gift that someone would really like?

Free shaft burnisher included with every tip tool purchase @ Last4Ever.com

Have a great holiday season and thanks for all of your support over the years.

Joel

I got one of your tools a while back and it does a great job. EXCEPT when shaping my tip it never seems to get all the way to the tip of the tip. I always seem to end up with a small (sixteenth of an inch diameter?) flat spot right at the end. The only way I can get that rounded off is to finish the shaping with a Willard.

Any advice or tips on how to overcome this? Both your tool and the Willard are dime radius, if that matters.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After you have it shaped about 90%, lay the tool on the floor, radius side up. Place the tip in the center of the tool and place one foot on each side of the tip - no need to squeeze the tip tight. Now, roll the shaft in your hands like you're starting a fire. Do this for just a second or two, no need to press down too hard. This is how it works for me.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After you have it shaped about 90%, lay the tool on the floor, radius side up. Place the tip in the center of the tool and place one foot on each side of the tip - no need to squeeze the tip tight. Now, roll the shaft in your hands like you're starting a fire. Do this for just a second or two, no need to press down too hard. This is how it works for me.
Shirley Knott?

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got one of your tools a while back and it does a great job. EXCEPT when shaping my tip it never seems to get all the way to the tip of the tip. I always seem to end up with a small (sixteenth of an inch diameter?) flat spot right at the end. The only way I can get that rounded off is to finish the shaping with a Willard.

Any advice or tips on how to overcome this? Both your tool and the Willard are dime radius, if that matters.
It sounds like you are stopping the shaping process before the tip is the correct radius. If the abrasive has not contacted the center of your tip then the sldes of the tool are still hitting the shoulder of your tip tool because the tip is still too flat. All you are doing with the Willard is flattening the entire tip.

Joel

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Endorsement by Danny Smith

Danny "The Shredder" Smith asked to use my Last4ever Tip Tool and was impressed with it so much that he had to have one for himself.

Saying that Danny is fastidious about the condition and shape of his cue tip is probably an understatement.

JoeyA

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Danny "The Shredder" Smith asked to use my Last4ever Tip Tool and was impressed with it so much that he had to have one for himself.

Saying that Danny is fastidious about the condition and shape of his cue tip is probably an understatement.

JoeyA
always good to hear stories like this. Thanks

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is coming up on Christmas time, a perfect gift for your pool playing buddies (or for yourself when your wife asks what you want for Christmas)

Last4Ever.com

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BOGO on tip tools...

I have an inventory imbalance and I am doing a "Buy One Get One" type sale until my inventory is back in balance. What this means is that instead of buying the Combo tip Tool for $34.95 you can get a Dime Tip Tool, Nickle Tip Tool and Leather Shaft Burnisher ($56.85 retail) for the same $34.95 price. Available on the web site Last4Ever.com

As always, thanks for the ongoing support

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BOGO on tip tools...

I have an inventory imbalance and I am doing a "Buy One Get One" type sale until my inventory is back in balance. What this means is that instead of buying the Combo tip Tool for $34.95 you can get a Dime Tip Tool, Nickle Tip Tool and Leather Shaft Burnisher ($56.85 retail) for the same $34.95 price. Available on the web site Last4Ever.com

As always, thanks for the ongoing support
hi joel
do you not have the dime tool with the less course shaper?
it was black

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hi joel
do you not have the dime tool with the less course shaper?
it was black
Good to hear from you, it has been a while. Due to low volume I discontinued that model. While a few people liked it the volume was just not there (5 years to sell 1,000 units)

It was a bit of an experiment in that I have always used the regular Dime and just adjust the pressure I put on the shaper to control how much material is removed when shaping.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good to hear from you, it has been a while. Due to low volume I discontinued that model. While a few people liked it the volume was just not there (5 years to sell 1,000 units)

It was a bit of an experiment in that I have always used the regular Dime and just adjust the pressure I put on the shaper to control how much material is removed when shaping.
thanks for the reply
hope all is well
larry

filerunner

Great Product - Extremely Useful

I was going to do a new review thread, but I saw this one and figured a bump is even better. Keep the product history together. Of all my "gadgets" Joel's Last 4 Ever Tip Tool gets the most use. I've been using the tool for the last 6 months. It gets used every day and is still going strong. I've had NO loss of "grit" or leather cutting power.

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+1

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+2

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+3

Last+4+Ever+Tip+Tool+-+4

This is by far the best tip tool I have ever used. I order some from Joel every few months as I give them away as awards to my students and other people simply buy them off of me (I charge the same as Joel...). I keep both sizes in my instructor kit when demonstrating/teaching cue maintenance. They always come in handy to quickly whip a tip into shape. Joel has great instructions on how to use the tool on his website. Simply follow the links in the above threads or watch his videos.

None of the other multi-function tip tools that I've owned (and I've tried almost all of them) shape a tip "correctly" as fast as a Last 4 Ever tip tool. The only tool that can shape as quickly is a long tip file or "rasp sander"... but with those you don't get the other tools. Plus the latter are not easily kept in your pocket and sanders wear out too quickly.

Joel machines these himself and has tooling set up to install the abrasives. I like that he has a "D" or "N" stamped on both ends of the tool. This helps to quickly identify a Nickel or Dime radius.

This is a great tool! Joel ships his products quickly, communicates very well and is a pleasure to do business with.
I got the combo. It's a great tool.

TrevorB

Registered
Just bought the combo from your website. Look forward to trying it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just bought the combo from your website. Look forward to trying it. Thanks!

Thanks, I don't know if you saw the post but there is a special going on right now that for the price of a combo you can either get a combo or a Dime tool and a nickel tool for the same price. Normally, buying them separately you would pay $49.90. The biggest difference is that the Dime and Nickel tools have a scuffer side and the combo tool does not have this feature.

Let me know which you prefer, Combo or Dime & Nickel I will be shipping tomorrow.

Joel

TrevorB

Registered
Thanks, I don't know if you saw the post but there is a special going on right now that for the price of a combo you can either get a combo or a Dime tool and a nickel tool for the same price. Normally, buying them separately you would pay $49.90. The biggest difference is that the Dime and Nickel tools have a scuffer side and the combo tool does not have this feature.

Let me know which you prefer, Combo or Dime & Nickel I will be shipping tomorrow.

Joel

I did request the combo alternative with 2 tools and the burnisher. Thanks again.