• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Not as an isolated video, but I was pretty engaged at the time. I enjoy safety play in the context of a match.

Cary

Registered
One Pocket is far more interesting from a tactical stand point and showcases some of the most interesting and difficult shots in billiards. See how popular it is on tv?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
People that play one-pocket can appreciate some of the moves when a snooker is needed.
Notice Higgins wouldn’t roll the blue over the hole, ‘cause Yan would knock it in....
...thereby needing one snooker to tie on the pink.

I’ve seen some of the players not have a clue when the other guy needs a hook.
Higgins knows the moves

The best long game I’ve seen lately was Wilson vs Brecel...set a record for longest game
at the Crucible....but it was worth every second.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People that play one-pocket can appreciate some of the moves when a snooker is needed.
Notice Higgins wouldn’t roll the blue over the hole, ‘cause Yan would knock it in....
...thereby needing one snooker to tie on the pink.

I’ve seen some of the players not have a clue when the other guy needs a hook.
Higgins knows the moves

The best long game I’ve seen lately was Wilson vs Brecel...set a record for longest game
at the Crucible....but it was worth every second.

This.
A good safety battle can sometimes have more dynamic
moves and having to think a few shots ahead while
anticipating your opponent.

Just as interesting as watching Hendry or Ronnie
tickle the reds and play shape on the black over and
over on a 147.

They both are enjoyable to me.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I play snooker, so obviously I love it!:) So many great shots, and also some poor ones, giving schmucks like myself some hope I guess:grin-square:. Some of the shots Yan played are so tremendously difficult, I don't think you can truely understand before you actually try them on a snooker table.

Last edited:

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes American pool a little pissy. Table size, ball size, pocket size, black ball,cues, awesome...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Makes American pool a little pissy. Table size, ball size, pocket size, black ball,cues, awesome...

What does that even mean?

No kiddin. WTF???

If you don’t respect great players at any discipline...you’re dreaming.
Two snooker players with world titles under their belt entered a straight pool tournament
in NYC....around 1970...they came last and second last.

BCE displayed a 6x12 table at a trade show once...Tony Knowles, # 4 in the rankings,
made a disparaging remark about the 9-foots....Sigel and Rempe stuck him up at 9-ball
for 7 gs...didn’t take long.

No matter what game you’re playing, you have to beat the guy you’re playing...
...if you think a table is easy only for you...get used to having no money.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy safety battles but that was a "safety battle" because both players missed multiple opportunities to get out after the opponent left an open shot on a red.

solid C player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
snooker takes more skill in every aspect of the game, most snooker pros if they wanted to take the loss of career earnings could easily adjust to normal pool or 3 cusion billiards and be very successful, a small number of pool pros maybe could have success at snooker in the qualifiers for a tour card to actually make it to a contest you see in the video