I'm back..and I'm pissed !

GoldenFlash

Banned
Mike,
With all due respect, thank you for singling me out for your last several posts, and making me feel welcome...Lets see, 10 years ago, would have put me at 70, so nope, sorry I was not chasing tournaments at that time.
However, had you ever ventured to the west side of town, You could have seen myself, Ronnie, Jack Cooney, Gabe Owen, Scott Frost, Richie R., and many others, going at it for some serious coin !..I stayed pretty active, at $$$ matches, and I played anyone who came through the door, (at my home room the Golden Cue) well into my late 60's early 70's, as ANY Phx. resident will readily attest to !
Sorry you didn't have your ear to the ground, or you may have gotten to see me in action. (you did live in the area then, didn't you ?) Also sorry CJ did not drop around either..He came to town several times, but he ALSO stayed on the far east side..However, he DID have his ear to the ground, and knew he could have gotten action, as all the above player's did, at EVEN one pocket. He prefers to act as if he didn't know of me..If he had ever bothered to crack open "Shots, Moves and Strategies"..(he probably won't, because he's not in it)..he would have seen that "Jersey Red", Mike Massey, Beanie and I were all very close friends !
I would not except a "PRO" banner now, if you begged me to. (not likely, even though some suggested it)...I hope you don't prefer the word of Mr. 3Cushion, the most despised forum-addict/billiard player on the planet... He has been barred out of every pool room he ever went to more than twice !..His profane insults earned him a ban @ 1P.org too !..BTW, my ban was for responding to him, WITHOUT the gutter language !
Hope this doesn't qualify as being "beligerent", as I certainly would not want to offend your sense of fair play.
I do enjoy the forum, and mixing with some of my old friends..I was really not aware of your negative attitude towards me..but you've made it quite clear now !.. Thanks for your reply(s)!
Dick
I was drafted by the Yankees into the farm system to eventually replace Rizzuto at short, but I just couldn't bear the thought of missing my old buddies at the poolrooms down in the country towns. So I turned it down and had a very successful career as a clerk in a liquor store in Georgia where Ty Cobb used to stop at all the time.
He and Hornsby and I used to hunt and fish all over Georgia and Alabama, in fact I caught the biggest largemouth bass ever caught in Alabama and would've won awards for it in the millions, but we got hungry out there on the trail and ate it.
I cut up jackpots with all of them...Musial, Williams, Robinson, Feller, Greenburg....oh man we all used to run together and play poker over in Augusta at the Masonic Lodge...sometimes even the President of the USA, FDR would stop in also.
Then I joined up with the paratroopers and did 234 jumps over Korea to defend the republic from godless communisim.
I now hold headquarters at the VFW where I teach guys how to shoot pool the right way.
View attachment 371145

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
San Jose Dick at one time was the best player in Arizona and one of the top one pocket players in the country. He is in the one pocket hall of fame because he played just under by a ball or so to Ronnie Allen. In his day there weren't many tournaments but you can see an Accu-Stats video of him beating Cliff Joyner in a major one pocket event, Cliff in his prime and Dick in his 60's. Definitely worthy of the Pro Player tag without question but not everyone knows the old time guys like him. Here are some videos to get you guys up to speed if you get bored.

P.S. Spoiler Alert! Dick did beat Cliff Joyner in that Accu-Stats match btw. :thumbup:

Interview Links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIY_PevHX_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hXkm2a4IY

How a HOF player is not consider a Pro Player here is incomprehensible.

Lou Figueroa

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Ozymandias!

"I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822)

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
How a HOF player is not consider a Pro Player here is incomprehensible.

Lou Figueroa

I agree .... .. SJD is a legend and in the HOF . He definitely deserves a banner . At least the newer members would know who they're talking to since he doesn't go by his name on AZ. Maybe AZ needs a HOF banner also

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Like I suggested perhaps SJD's banner should probably read Retired-HOF.

Other Pro banners should perhaps say similar things or the year that they would be considered to have turned pro or 'active' or 'retired 19XX' or World Champ or 3 US Open Champ or whatever.

That is if it is intended as any form or specific ID or if just an honorable mention. If it is just for honorable mention then Pro Player or Pro Level would seem to suffice.

In any case, it is pretty much up the Mike & Jerry to determine.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh boy, Dick! This is the first time that I can recall being able to post in either of two threads going and be talking about the same thing. You're a legend at AZB, too with this accomplishment. I don't even remember which thread I'm posting in now.

I like Terry's idea about a separate banner for HOF members...whether they want it or not. :grin: You'd be surprised what you can get used to, if you give it a chance.

Blue banner for the guys, and pink banner for the gals. Nah! Blue banner!

Best,
Mike

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I realize that it might see pretty limited use . . .

Because when I see a pro player and know they are members, I remember that I need to set up that title for them.

I have never seen Dick play, so the thought never crossed my mind.

Believe it or not, whether Dick is insulted that I didn't list him as a pro player is not a big priority on my list.

I realize that it might see pretty limited use but why not a Hall of Fame banner? To be honest, "Pro Player" doesn't mean jack to me having encountered my share of "pro players" in the past. Someone in a Hall of Fame has accomplished far more than the vast majority of pro players. Some kid that hits the tournament trail a year or two is a "pro player" then he wanders off to find a pursuit he can actually make a living at.

Hu

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I realize that it might see pretty limited use but why not a Hall of Fame banner? To be honest, "Pro Player" doesn't mean jack to me having encountered my share of "pro players" in the past. Someone in a Hall of Fame has accomplished far more than the vast majority of pro players. Some kid that hits the tournament trail a year or two is a "pro player" then he wanders off to find a pursuit he can actually make a living at.

Hu

IF we keep going this way then I would say a giat HOF banner for BCA Hall of Famers.... and a teensy one for the Dinner Club Halls of Fame....

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IF we keep going this way then I would say a giat HOF banner for BCA Hall of Famers.... and a teensy one for the Dinner Club Halls of Fame....

I have a "Hall of Fame" cue I bought from ADAM Japan. I am going to put a banner sticker on the butt so people will know how good my cue is.

Aloha.

liakos

Banned
You may find that there is more than what you refer to as door #2.

You may find that there are 2 doors but each of us will only be able to open 1 of them & we all may not be allowed to open the same door.

The door each of us may be allowed to open may well depend on what we did & did not do on the other side of your door #1.

Just possibly food for thought.

Some don't consider that there might be 2 doors & act like since there is only one, I can do whatever 'the hell' I want.

Again, just some food for thought.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

PS I do not believe in an eternal 'hell' of suffering, But I do believe there will be 2 doors & not just your door #2.

Whole heartedly agree sir! I just tried to keep it simple;) not too many people understand!

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just know the "Beard" is looking down and laughing his ass off.

Do you mean he is "laughing himself to death" ?..Sad pun, but I doubt that very much !..It would be a pretty safe bet, given the Beards, 'pool is my life' personna, he would have been outraged if he were not awarded a 'Pro-Banner' !..And, I think you know that !

I can understand Mr.3cushion's childish intent, because he is an open (and pitiful) book !..But I honestly never understood why you and the Hacker, felt the need to fan the flames in Fred and I's feud ?..As you well know, we patched things up several times on our own, so I have NO guilty conscience whatsoever !.. Hacker eventually apologized to us, but I wonder what was your stake, in perpetuating the ill feelings ?

Actually in hindsight, I think OUR problems began, when you got crossways with your homey, Cowboy Dennis !..If you recall, I tried to get you guys to reconcile, rather than promote the bitterness !..Too bad you never saw fit, to extend the same courtesy to me !

Touch base again, next time you feel like trying to needle me :eek:

Dick

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Do you mean he is "laughing himself to death" ?..Sad pun, but I doubt that very much !..It would be a pretty safe bet, given the Beards, 'pool is my life' personna, he would have been outraged if he were not awarded a 'Pro-Banner' !..And, I think you know that !

I can understand Mr.3cushion's childish intent, because he is an open (and pitiful) book !..But I honestly never understood why you and the Hacker, felt the need to fan the flames in Fred and I's feud ?..As you well know, we patched things up several times on our own, so I have NO guilty conscience whatsoever !.. Hacker eventually apologized to us, but I wonder what was your stake, in perpetuating the ill feelings ?

Actually in hindsight, I think OUR problems began, when you got crossways with your homey, Cowboy Dennis !..If you recall, I tried to get you guys to reconcile, rather than promote the bitterness !..Too bad you never saw fit, to extend the same courtesy to me !

Touch base again, next time you feel like trying to needle me :eek:

Dick

It's obvious, the same reason why MOST people on this forum any forum you infect, can't stand you!

NO one, other than Freddy's family spoke to him MORE than me on a DAILY basis! And this for ALL to know, Freddy hated YOU, till His last breath!

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
It's obvious, the same reason why MOST people on this forum any forum you infect, can't stand you

YOUR WRONG

NO one, other than Freddy's family spoke to him MORE than me on a DAILY basis! And this for ALL to know, Freddy hated YOU, till His last breath!

this would be a shitty way to spend our fleeting moments on earth and eternity

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's obvious, the same reason why MOST people on this forum any forum you infect, can't stand you!

You, are a first class @#%$#.

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Had to

Mike,

With all due respect, thank you for singling me out for your last several posts, and making me feel welcome...Lets see, 10 years ago, would have put me at 70, so nope, sorry I was not chasing tournaments at that time.

However, had you ever ventured to the west side of town, You could have seen myself, Ronnie, Jack Cooney, Gabe Owen, Scott Frost, Richie R., and many others, going at it for some serious coin !..I stayed pretty active, at $$$ matches, and I played anyone who came through the door, (at my home room the Golden Cue) well into my late 60's early 70's, as ANY Phx. resident will readily attest to !

Sorry you didn't have your ear to the ground, or you may have gotten to see me in action. (you did live in the area then, didn't you ?) Also sorry CJ did not drop around either..He came to town several times, but he ALSO stayed on the far east side..However, he DID have his ear to the ground, and knew he could have gotten action, as all the above player's did, at EVEN one pocket. He prefers to act as if he didn't know of me..If he had ever bothered to crack open "Shots, Moves and Strategies"..(he probably won't, because he's not in it)..he would have seen that "Jersey Red", Mike Massey, Beanie and I were all very close friends !

I would not except a "PRO" banner now, if you begged me to. (not likely, even though some suggested it)...I hope you don't prefer the word of Mr. 3Cushion, the most despised forum-addict/billiard player on the planet... He has been barred out of every pool room he ever went to more than twice !..His profane insults earned him a ban @ 1P.org too !..BTW, my ban was for responding to him, WITHOUT the gutter language !

Hope this doesn't qualify as being "beligerent", as I certainly would not want to offend your sense of fair play...I do enjoy the forum, and mixing with some of my old friends..I was really not aware of your negative attitude towards me..but you've made it quite clear now !.. Thanks for your reply(s)!

Dick

This post is SO RIDICULOUS and so childish its honestly sad. Here's a man, quite old by his own admission whose need to feel superior or feel noticed is nuanced in many of his threads. Always that hint of "show me more respect...I deserve it."

I never heard of him ..don't care to, and the years he claims he was "going at it for the serious coin" with names we all know kind of where before my time...but I know all the other names he listed that were before my time as well. This is a textbook blatant but obvious narcissist with self esteem issues.

Never saw that in a man in his 80's...ever. Wasn't sure before whether to be sympathetic or disgusted...this post shows disgusted was the correct route. I have been out of commenting on things like this for years, but this post in particular and his others in the thread as well - where he feels (almost demands) the pro-player above his name stating his case of why it should be some sort of "no brainer" - then in this reply stating "I would not except a "PRO" banner now, if you begged me to" After he had just been ripped apart by AZ House Pro saying how he hadn't ever seen him compete or hit a ball, this 80+ yr old man lost it...all you have left in the world would be some respect, and instead you get laughed at - those are the chances you take.

P.S. - Your Jealousy of CJ is transparent to all - you may wanna lay off bringing up his name at every opportunity. Whether or not you like or dislike his posting or the fact that he sells dvd's is pointless. The fact that CJ has accomplished what he has, and putting his accomplishments next to yours - its a lose/lose for you - Shows your jealousy #1 and when the careers get compared, you are not in his league.