World Snooker Championships 2020

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I suppose t’s similar to one pocket races where if you’re down 7-0 in balls, do you try to grind out and claw back or do you take the flyer and save your energy for the rest of the set? ...
I think it's not just energy saving. If you have a 20% thin cut that smashes the balls everywhere in that situation, it's a better chance than getting 8 in a row, one ball at a time. It's playing the percentages even when they are badly against you.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did they change the pockets? I swear it seems like I've seen more balls hit the jaw and still go in than I have in the past.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seem to remember hearing in the past about
The major tournaments recovering the tables overnight.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie wins World Championship for 6th time

It's over. Fat lady has sung :smile:
c.8.jpg

13-8 Ronnie leads by 5 frames and arguably the greatest frontrunner is not giving up this lead.
Many missed chances by Wilson and errors by Ronnie that he did not capitalise on. And Ronnie is more comfortable and playing better this session. Gap in skill level is quite big.
We could see an early finish maybe end of this 3rd session or early in 4th session

No offence to this kid Wilson but that Ronnie-Selby semifinal was the Final :D

triple crown.JPG

mostrankingevents.JPG

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And Ronnie runs away with it, 18-8 for World Championship #6
The post-match interview was interesting. Ronnie was just Ronnie without any of the strange stuff. Personable, coherent, modest.

While we could have hoped for a closer finish, we got about what you can expect if Ronnie finds a gear, regardless of the opponent.

Ronnie was on the table at 9AM practicing for his 1:30 match. Evidently he got his cue action figured out. :thumbup:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The post-match interview was interesting. Ronnie was just Ronnie without any of the strange stuff. Personable, coherent, modest.

While we could have hoped for a closer finish, we got about what you can expect if Ronnie finds a gear, regardless of the opponent.

Ronnie was on the table at 9AM practicing for his 1:30 match. Evidently he got his cue action figured out. :thumbup:

His nonsense is usually to avoid playing into the narratives, I've noticed

Interviewer: You must be pleased that you beat Mark Selby
Ronnie: Cue action

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Even though Selby has 3 world titles he will never go down as one of the greats of the game, i'd rather watch paint dry!

Last edited:

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He did but to be honest if you watch young Ronnie he definitely had WAY more cue action than he does know. He's much smarter and has incredible knowledge but not as dynamic as he once was. Of course still good enough to win the World CHampionship. I also believe he will be incredibly motivated to tie Hendry at least now. If this opportunity had passed him by his interest may have started waning.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Might have been more competitive if Kyren makes the black and gets to 9-8, but he was just destroyed today and when Ronnie got to 14-8 you could see that Kyren knew it was an impossible task