two questions

philbrody

I need help identifying a table and potentially refurbishing it. The family lore is my dad bought it in the mid-50's although no one knows if it was new or used at the time. It sat in my grandmothers damp basement for years and was taken apart and sitting in pieces for the last 30 years. pretty rough shape. It's a 3 piece slate, leather pockets, ball returns, and very basic legs and sides. Square legs with some kind of veneer which is peeling off just about everywhere.

Family lived in Brooklyn at the time and need help with identifying and recommendations on cost to refurb and any people you would recommend in the Baltimore area

ball return bottom.jpg

pocket.jpg

table side.jpg

table leg.jpg

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pics are not really very good for an ID on the table. The older tables usually have a brass name plate on top of one of the end rails. Can you get more pics? The legs look very plain so probably not much in the way of a collector's piece, but like most things built in the U.S. back in the 40s or earlier, very sturdy. It is doubtful that it's going to be worth what it would take to do a restoration on it. Below is a link to one of the top restoration services for old pool tables. You could check with them on cost and opinions on what to do with the table.

https://www.billiardrestoration.com

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pics are not really very good for an ID on the table. The older tables usually have a brass name plate on top of one of the end rails. Can you get more pics? The legs look very plain so probably not much in the way of a collector's piece, but like most things built in the U.S. back in the 40s or earlier, very sturdy. It is doubtful that it's going to be worth what it would take to do a restoration on it. Below is a link to one of the top restoration services for old pool tables. You could check with them on cost and opinions on what to do with the table.

https://www.billiardrestoration.com
This place is awesome. Take a lot of CLEAR photos and talk to Derrick.

philbrody

Thanks for the replies. I contacted Derrick and he replied he is to busy to take on the job. Any other suggestions?