John Schmidt's 626

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you thinking he should release a 1099?

All of the energy placed in the "Never 626" camps leads me to believe that no matter what is produced at this point it won't be enough.

Honestly, if I were JS, I wouldn't release the video now if for no other reason than to remain under the skin of the small minority of "Never 626".

Of course not.

But let me ask you, because I actually don’t know: was there ever one of those oversized check presentations for the run? You know, such and such company congratulates JS for his historic accomplishment etc with a check for $X? A photo perhaps?

Lou Figueroa

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you thinking he should release a 1099?

All of the energy placed in the "Never 626" camps leads me to believe that no matter what is produced at this point it won't be enough.

Honestly, if I were JS, I wouldn't release the video now if for no other reason than to remain under the skin of the small minority of "Never 626".

If he would release it at a reasonable price I'd buy the DVD. There is a profit motive for him to release it unedited. Doesn't cost much to make a DVD. Accustats does it all the time.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I didn't post that as any sort of a "reveal."

Your post was the first time I recalled seeing the BCA guys ID'd, so when I searched I was looking for your post. Maybe it was somewhere else but I don't remember. As to BD, I stopped subscribing to it a few years back.

Lou Figueroa

Fair enough. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Billiard Digest and only knew the names because I searched and found that post from 12 months ago. I have no opinion about the qualifications, integrity or anything else regarding those two men, the BCA, Billiard Digest, John Schmidt, The Billiards Hall of fame, Predator, the Chinese Government, The New York Post (or is it the Times?), or Facebook.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course not.

But let me ask you, because I actually don’t know: was there ever one of those oversized check presentations for the run? You know, such and such company congratulates JS for his historic accomplishment etc with a check for $X? A photo perhaps?

Lou Figueroa

Ah,, I see where you are going with this,,, got it,,,, good question, actually.

I would think if they did pay 50k there would be some kind of documentation on the web site.

They did do a really nice job documenting his accomplishment,, but no pics of a check presentation.

https://www.predatorcues.com/usa/pro-team/john-schmidt.html

Maybe they don't want to set a precedent if someone breaks 626???

Seems highly unlikely it will be broken anytime soon (or ever) but that could be a legal perspective. IDK

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think 1000 would sell @$100 was very quickly, fyi.

If he would release it at a reasonable price I'd buy the DVD. There is a profit motive for him to release it unedited. Doesn't cost much to make a DVD. Accustats does it all the time.

What is your thought on pricing ($)?

And how many do you think would sell?
50?
500?
1000?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there could possibly be any sort of ongoing obligation to provide additional reward/s to subsequent record breaker/s.

They could just say it was from budget that no longer exists.

I would think if they did pay 50k there would be some kind of documentation on the web site.

They did do a really nice job documenting his accomplishment,, but no pics of a check presentation.

Seems highly unlikely it will be broken anytime soon (or ever) but that could be a legal perspective. IDK

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Billiard Digest and only knew the names because I searched and found that post from 12 months ago. I have no opinion about the qualifications, integrity or anything else regarding those two men, the BCA, Billiard Digest, John Schmidt, The Billiards Hall of fame, Predator, the Chinese Government, The New York Post (or is it the Times?), or Facebook.[/QUOTE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONGRATULATIONS TO "LOGICAL" WHOSE REPLY REACHES THE 627 MARK

Arnaldo ~ Certified witness :clapping:

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

They only paid JS for breaking the record because JS knew that he was going to attempt the record and JS specifically negotiated with Predator to put that clause and amount in his sponsorship contract with Predator.

I highly doubt that any other players that Predator sponsors plays 14.1 at a high enough level to break the record, or if they do play at that level, they would need to decide before they finalize their contract to put it into the contract and actually make a go at it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is kinda interesting that they didn't wring every possible bit of PR out this historic accomplishment.

I would have thought there would have been a big ballyhoo giving him the dough. Who knows... maybe it's out there locked up with the unedited tape.

Lou Figueroa
showing great restraint
not hitting the quote key

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It is kinda interesting that they didn't wring every possible bit of PR out this historic accomplishment.

I would have thought there would have been a big ballyhoo giving him the dough. Who knows... maybe it's out there locked up with the unedited tape.

Lou Figueroa
showing great restraint
not hitting the quote key

They seem to be using it on their company website. From Predators website:

"JOHN "MR. 600" SCHMIDT
Began playing with Predator in: 2018

Born: April 12, 1973

Resides: Hesperia, CA

Hometown: Keokuk, IA

{snipped tournaments and titles for brevity}

Special Accomplishments:
Highest 14.1 Run captured on film, 626 balls
Played on 2 Mosconi Cup Teams
Highest run on Diamond, 294 balls
Currently only living player with 7 runs of 400+ and 131 runs over 200 at straight pool"

No photo ops or such, regarding the run. There is a video there, looking like an interview, which I cannot watch as I'm at work. But they are out there in the public, standing behind him, on their official company site.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leave Harriman alone. He's already ignored you on AZB. Should I choose to ignore you also, you will have no one to type to but ur cronies. I no u no

Feel free to ignore me- I’ll continue to poke fun at your half baked angry rants regardless of your choice.

I certainly believe you’re better at billiards than covering your tracks on AZ.

I get it, xHairyx, but you’ve over played your hand.

I’ll still buy you the suds you declined and even play cheap sets for the experience/lesson.

You’ve got stamina, no question about that Sir.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
They seem to be using it on their company website. From Predators website:

"JOHN "MR. 600" SCHMIDT
Began playing with Predator in: 2018

Born: April 12, 1973

Resides: Hesperia, CA

Hometown: Keokuk, IA

{snipped tournaments and titles for brevity}

Special Accomplishments:
Highest 14.1 Run captured on film, 626 balls
Played on 2 Mosconi Cup Teams
Highest run on Diamond, 294 balls
Currently only living player with 7 runs of 400+ and 131 runs over 200 at straight pool"

No photo ops or such, regarding the run. There is a video there, looking like an interview, which I cannot watch as I'm at work. But they are out there in the public, standing behind him, on their official company site.

Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.
Highest run on a Diamond table. Well your wrong there sir. Highest run on a Diamond table that has pro cut pockets just under 4.5 inches is 311 not 294. Some guy named Bobby Chamberlain ran 311.
So you know there are a lot of players that just stop after they run 150 or 200. If everybody that has gotten to these numbers and continued there runs there would be at least 20 players with many runs over 400 and maybe a few over 800.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. Cranfield couldn’t produce an unedited video just as John Schmidt can’t either. The difference is they didn’t have video cameras back then where Schmidt claims to have a unedited video and can’t produce it for proof to the pool world.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.
Highest run on a Diamond table. Well your wrong there sir. Highest run on a Diamond table that has pro cut pockets just under 4.5 inches is 311 not 294. Some guy named Bobby Chamberlain ran 311.
So you know there are a lot of players that just stop after they run 150 or 200. If everybody that has gotten to these numbers and continued there runs there would be at least 20 players with many runs over 400 and maybe a few over 800.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. Cranfield couldn’t produce an unedited video just as John Schmidt can’t either. The difference is they didn’t have video cameras back then where Schmidt claims to have a unedited video and can’t produce it for proof to the pool world.

The post was made in response to Predator and their stance on "the run". Not making any other point, or choosing to engage y'all on points that have been flogged incessantly.