Are there many scamers here on AZ trying to steal peoples cues?

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
most ppl that are shady are horribly lazy and not all that bright and all they're looking for is the weakest link which sooner or later they will find and then expose themselves for what they are! now if u get a scammer that is smart and patient they will be able to get just about any1 but they are a rarity!

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I am a trusted seller/trader on here, so I should not have to send the cue to a person that offers escrow. I just had a really bad feeling about the guy because at 1st he told me that he did not use paypal, and he would send me a money order, but then asked me when I would ship the cue (sounding to me like he wanted me to ship it before I received his money order), and then after I told him that I would ship the cue as soon as I received his money order, he stopped replying back to me. I just have a really bad feeling about the guy, and think that he might be dis honest about receiving the cue after he were to receive it, and end up with a free cue anyways. Unless we are dealing with someone we know, or with a well respected seller, then we do not know if a new buyer is going to be honest about what they receive in the mail, because there would be no way to prove what was shipped and what was really received. Sorry for creating this thread, but I just felt really annoyed after all of the time that I had wasted trying to get a deal with the person, but his communication was so slow. I really wanted to name him out to warn people on here about him (to tell everyone how slow his communication is, and how he tried 2 times to try to get me to ship my cue out 1st before I would get paid by him), but that would not be right I do not think, because I do not know if he is actually trying to scam people out of their cues, and he does have 4 good itraders on here with a 100% rating. I always get scared of dis honest buyers (that are very new) even when they do pay me 1st, and then I ship the item out, because I do not know if they will be honest about what they receive from me. It is scary doing business through the mail. The mail system is based on trust, and not everyone is honest.

Escrow is the only fool proof way to avoid theft by both parties. It is a tool that should be used.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Its not only sketchy for the seller but the buyer too. The seller expects the payment in hand before shipping cue, as I buyer I am expected to trust that I will actually see the said cue that I will have already paid for. I have bought 2 cues from these forums with great results so far, but always risky. It would be much easier if the sellers who move many cues accepted credit cards. Not only for trust but also for added protection during shipping. I would have no problem covering the sellers merchant fees, even though the merchant is technically not supposed to add on credit card fees to sale, they can offer a cash discount price.

You can pay the seller through paypal using a credit card, and if the item is not received or not received as advertised, then you can file a paypal complaint, and/or call your credit card company and request a charge back. There are scammers that actually use a credit card knowing that they can lie about what they receive and get a paypal chargeback through their credit card company and paypal. It is a scary thought (having to deal with a dis honest buyer), but thankfully most people out there are good and honest.

Its not only sketchy for the seller but the buyer too. The seller expects the payment in hand before shipping cue, as I buyer I am expected to trust that I will actually see the said cue that I will have already paid for. I have bought 2 cues from these forums with great results so far, but always risky. It would be much easier if the sellers who move many cues accepted credit cards. Not only for trust but also for added protection during shipping. I would have no problem covering the sellers merchant fees, even though the merchant is technically not supposed to add on credit card fees to sale, they can offer a cash discount price.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
There are plenty of people on azb I've shipped cues etc to with nothing up front and never a worry. C&c and I used to ship and trade all the time a few years ago for example. Jackson and do have kept the postal service busy for a long time too.There's people you know are good regardless of I trader and then there's the new crop of unknowns that's been growing lately. Recently an azer shipped me several cues to try helping them sell while I'm out and about. No questions, just asked if I would and sent.It's happened enough times over the years from enough people I now trust that I don't really think about it now so much- just sell, paypal, repeat until your cases are empty. Sellers and buyers don't have to worry about distance and concerns.But there are thousands more on here that I wouldn't even try to just because I don't know them or the cues history. Everyone has to get a start somewhere, but I wouldn't do it without some research and soul searching first. And maybe not even then. By the way- pics of a lot of cues for sale coming soon ;) lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Reminds me...

Anyone heard anything about Hangemhigh lately?

My sixth sense tells me that he is back, and has been for a while.
Hangemhigh was slick for sure, I never trusted him, but a guy that wasn't slick and should of been obvious to people was Chaz Dillon.
He had a mired career on AZ, prior to his case-making scam, and I never trusted him either.
Chaz Dillon is one of those guys who got banned for a year just for being an asshole, and people actually sent him money.
I was literally shocked when I found out that so many people sent money to that creep.
Since I retired I've paid a little more attention to AZ, and I don't see many problems.
Chaz Dillon and Hangemhigh are an exception in my opinion, and as apprehensive as people are in general, it's surprising that anyone trusted these creeps in the first place.
Then we had Lee Pepper, a so-called cuemaker, more like an assembler, making a living in the cue raffle business, who didn't see that coming.
Why would anybody send money to a guy like Lee Pepper, he was a jerk.
Using hangemhigh as a middleman to a cuemaker never made sense to me
I can go on, but at some point common sense has to come into play.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody that's new on here (joined in the last year or so) and/or with less than 10-15 feedbacks, you need to do a little checking on before entering into any deals. Just my opinion. Better to be on the safe side.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Of course in any deal there is risk and you need to use caution..... but it always strikes me as odd that sending payment before an item ships is considered normal while sending an item before getting payment is talked about like its an absurd thing to do.

News flash...... they are the exact same thing.

In fact, in a future life if I become a scammer I will definitely be stealing money, not used pool cues.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI my mother always told me do not trust anyone. Before you send the cue make sure that you are paid for it. When you purchase a item from ebay you are obliged to pay the seller before you receive your item.

When you read the bill it says in God we trust but everyone pays cash. There are a lot of scamers here on Azbilliards look out for them

I would add that I wait till the check clears my bank before I ship anything out. One other point is I do trust businesses that I already have an established relationship with. I would name those folks but might forget one or two and that wouldn't be right. There are many honest businessman and dealers here but the thieves get most of the attention, it's human nature..