Focus Cases, anyone know what happened to them?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When looking for a case for my son I ran across Focus cases, they used the JB pad interior and were selling for about $100 new from several stores. Can't find any now for sale, anyone know what happened to that brand? A few months ago there were several out there, now only place I see them at is some overseas company that had the price at double the US prices (200 euro) and with most out of stock.

At that low of a price I would have thought they would have a decent amount of sales.

I found a used one in a trade for my son, and the quality is very good, feels solid.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They sold for almost $200 when they first came out then they quit making them so some companies so them as close outs. I bought a couple of them from Seyberts and really like them. They are great cases for $100.
Tom

Nyeborn

Registered
While not everyone favorite, I have found Sterling 4/8 cases with similar interiors to JBs. I cannot attest wether they are the same or not as I have never owned a JB case. I believe I heard that JB did some interiors for Sterling but I cannot verify that. These were also around $100.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While not everyone favorite, I have found Sterling 4/8 cases with similar interiors to JBs. I cannot attest wether they are the same or not as I have never owned a JB case. I believe I heard that JB did some interiors for Sterling but I cannot verify that. These were also around $100.

There are some Sterling cases but they are $200.

I guess I missed on the Focus sales when they were clearing out inventory. I thought they were a standard line, but JB said on Facebook that they were a small trial run with their interior. I would have bought a few, they were like $90 when I was looking at them.

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't beat the protection the Focus cases offered via JB UltraPad short of going to an actual JB case (where the rest of the case is also extremely well designed for protection/durability).

I picked up a 2x5/3x4 for storage some time back on clearance, and am generally very pleased with the sole complaint being that the shell is a bit small, meaning that when fully loaded it's an extremely tight fit, hard to get the last pieces in or first pieces out. I went with an actual JB for my regular carrying case.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't beat the protection the Focus cases offered via JB UltraPad short of going to an actual JB case (where the rest of the case is also extremely well designed for protection/durability).

I picked up a 2x5/3x4 for storage some time back on clearance, and am generally very pleased with the sole complaint being that the shell is a bit small, meaning that when fully loaded it's an extremely tight fit, hard to get the last pieces in or first pieces out. I went with an actual JB for my regular carrying case.

This is exactly what I did, for the same reasons.:thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The price was a big draw for me, and with two playing shafts, a break cue and shaft, the fit was pretty nice. Well, price was a trade for a Scorpion cue and a bit of cash, but their prices at under $100 were a steal, especially once I saw how nice it was made. Maybe Barton will have one of those sitting in his booth I can pick up for cheap.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Sterling 4x8 with the jb interior was closer to 100 than 2. I have one, and while the interior was nice, the rest of it wasn't. Pocket seams ripped out, nothing some braided fishing line and glue couldn't fix.

It now is the in the house storage case.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned two of the sterling vinyl cases with JB interiors and they were great for the $. I recently bought a new one from billiardwarehouse.com and they did not have any in stock so they had it shipped to me directly from the manufacturer. The case was built very differently and quality had obviously gone way down. The interior fabric does not even go all the way down to the bottom of the case. I sent it back and got a refund, now having trouble finding anything decent at that price.