56 inch cue!!!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Most any cuemaker can do that. If it is mainly an experiment you could just shorten a shaft or have a shorter shaft made..

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
As Chris said most any cuemaker can do that, I've built 2, one for Allison Fisher and one for Hunter Lombardo

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one that's a sugartree, circa 2006-ish. He made an extension for it, although it uses the same pin as the joint. I thought about filing down most of the threads to quick release it, but haven't decided to do so. Honestly it was something of an experiment but I prefer a full-sized cue. I can certainly appreciate how a shorter player might think otherwise, and there are some cool extension doodads to use.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a guy who tried to get me to switch my standard down to 55 inches as he said a six foot tall man needs a 55 inch cue or 56 inches max. His theory was that you need to hold the cue at the end for best playing. He was amazed that no cuemakers were willing to switch. We have to provide what the market wants and very little of the market wants short cues. But they are easy enough to build if someone wants one.
But what is someone willing to pay for a short cue? I am happy to build them but the cost is the same as a long cue.

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
His theory was that you need to hold the cue at the end for best playing.

Purely anecdotal. I also find shooting straighter and often with more cue action when holding the cue at the very end. I've tried a few cues from 56" to 62" with mid/rear extension. At 6'2", I was very surprised to learn how comfortable I am at shooting with the 56" and use an extension if I need a longer reach.