My new Cocobolo/ Black Hornbeam

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the shaft is black hornbeam. The handle is black hornbeam as is the core material.
The cue arrived on March 14 from Ukraine and it plays great.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had one of those hornbeam cues once
i liked it,but i felt like it was much different than maple

i really like yours
dean

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dean,

I still have a black hornbeam black tulip from the Willie Blade shop.
This is much different from what those are.
I prefer the hornbeam shaft to maple and he'll pretty much make the taper you request.

Eugene Ivantsov

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it's really beautiful cocobolo wood in this cue and overall great looking cue. The only but...those pictures...it reminds me some pictures of models with so much photoshop work that they look like dolls). Is that black hornbeam shaft?

1low.1552932892.jpg

2low.1552932918.jpg

3low.1552932952.jpg

4low.1552932976.jpg

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Now it's another story and cue looks more alive. As I said that cocobolo is amazing. I've seen similar in beauty as for the grain last year when a friend of mine showed his work on one of his piramid cues with crazy figured cocobolo. He got it from one of his fellows from Kharkiv and I'm sorry I did not use opportunity to get a piece.
What also looks funny for me that is all this craziness with carbon fiber shafts which seems to become a trend. Just two weeks ago one of my pupils asked me if it's possible to paint the shaft in black so it looks like carbon fiber). My job as a coach is to educate my students and explain what is really important...

You did a great job and I wish you all the best.
Большой привет из Киева:wave3:

Last edited:

Eugene Ivantsov

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now it's another story and cue looks more alive. As I said that cocobolo is amazing. I've seen similar in beauty as for the grain last year when a friend of mine showed his work on one of his piramid cues with crazy figured cocobolo. He got it from one of his fellows from Kharkiv and I'm sorry I did not use opportunity to get a piece.
What also looks funny for me that is all this craziness with carbon fiber shafts which seems to become a trend. Just two weeks ago one of my pupils asked me if it's possible to paint the shaft in black so it looks like carbon fiber). My job as a coach is to educate my students and explain what is really important...

You did a great job and I wish you all the best.
Большой привет из Киева:wave3:

Thanks zemliak)

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This cue looks really nice. It is a great color combination.