Pechauer Rogue Shaft

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Has anyone got their new Rogue yet? I would like to get some feedback on the production ones before purchasing.

I ordered one from seyberts last week. Got it Tuesday and had to send it back the minute I got it. Something right above the pin cavity was loose in the shaft and was moving back and forth about 4-5 inches.

Should have a replacement by Tues. Don't have a butt to try it on yet though. My ordered cue is going to take 8-10 weeks.:(

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Has anyone got their new Rogue yet? I would like to get some feedback on the production ones before purchasing.

I got mine, having pre-ordered it way back when they were in the pre-order stage. It's the 11.8mm one, 30" long, and I'm using it on a Pechauer pro series butt.

I've only had a chance to play with it for one night, although I played for about 7 hours that night.

Initial reactions:

Deflection:
Approximately identical to the Predator Z shaft that I had been using. I went back and forth between shafts for a long time shooting spin strokes shots and also deflection test shots and couldn't make up my mind which one deflects more. If I had to pick a winner, I'd guess the Rogue is a hair lower deflection. We really need good robots for this question.

Hit:
The vibration is pretty well dampened, making it feel more like wood than the pingier, livelier-feeling Revo. It seems to transfer energy to the CB pretty efficiently; better than the Z shaft that I'm used to anyway. I don't think I particularly like the feel of the tip that comes on it; it's a little spongy feeling for my tastes and already mushroomed a bit after the first night of play. I suspect I'll like the hit even more after that tip has a chance to compress some, or when I eventually replace it with a somewhat harder one.

Quality/fit/finish:
It fits perfectly on my Pechauer butt, but that's to be expected, no idea how exact the match would be for different joint types or brands. The CF and ferrule materials have no flaws I can detect. No weird rattles or wobbles. The finish is smoother than the Revo on my BK Rush, and I'm not sure it's a good thing; it's sort of glossier and stickier on a sweaty bridge hand. The BK Rush shaft feels like I don't have any need for a glove with it; with the Rogue I do need the glove.

Design details:
I really like the amount of ferrule they put on there, it makes for a better visual than a plain black tip-end like the Revo, but it's super short which makes it look better to my eyes than the Cuetec one. I love that they offer it in a thinner diameter (11.8) than the other brands, and that I could get it in 30" length which is what I'm used to. I could wish that it came with matching ring-work for my cue, since it's made by the same company for the same joint type, but I don't really care much.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about it that I didn't answer here.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Andrew Manning - You said that the Rogue feels smoother, but that it's stickier and you want to use a glove when playing with it. Can you expand on that?

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Andrew Manning - You said that the Rogue feels smoother, but that it's stickier and you want to use a glove when playing with it. Can you expand on that?

I'm comparing it to the Revo shaft on my BK Rush here. The Revo has more of a matte finish to the surface, where the Rogue has a somewhat glossier one. When my hands are freshly washed and dried and the shaft is freshly cleaned, they both feel very smooth. But the Rogue's glossier finish starts sticking on my skin more quickly as chalk dust and dampness from sweat and/or humidity build up, and it gets kinda "squeaky". I don't think I would like it in the humid DC-area summer (or early fall as the case may be) without a glove. I do normally play with a glove though, so it's no deal-breaker.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I ordered one from seyberts last week. Got it Tuesday and had to send it back the minute I got it. Something right above the pin cavity was loose in the shaft and was moving back and forth about 4-5 inches.

Should have a replacement by Tues. Don't have a butt to try it on yet though. My ordered cue is going to take 8-10 weeks.:(

I (and I assume everyone else who already received theirs) got an email this morning about a material issue near the pin end of the cue, presumably leading to the defect yours was showing.

Apparently they've changed out whatever component was having the issue with a phenolic one, and they're sending replacement shafts to everyone whose shaft was shipped before Oct. 1st. No cost to me, and I can keep using the one I have until the new one (with a return label for the old one) arrives.

Not sure what the nature of the defect was, but this is good proactive customer service from Pechauer, so I'm grateful for that.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I (and I assume everyone else who already received theirs) got an email this morning about a material issue near the pin end of the cue, presumably leading to the defect yours was showing.

Apparently they've changed out whatever component was having the issue with a phenolic one, and they're sending replacement shafts to everyone whose shaft was shipped before Oct. 1st. No cost to me, and I can keep using the one I have until the new one (with a return label for the old one) arrives.

Not sure what the nature of the defect was, but this is good proactive customer service from Pechauer, so I'm grateful for that.

Glad to see some companies still have it in them. Some other companies would have just came out with a Version 2.0 and charged more money for them.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question for whoever has tried both .
Curious to know which is better in terms of LD, Revo 12.4 or Rogue 12.4 ??
Any difference in feedback regarding feel during impact?

Thx in advance.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for whoever has tried both .
Curious to know which is better in terms of LD, Revo 12.4 or Rogue 12.4 ??
Any difference in feedback regarding feel during impact?

Thx in advance.

This may or may not help you, but I have the REVO 12.9 and the Rogue 12.8. The Rogue has better feel, a very muted sound, and slightly more deflection than the REVO.

I have tried most all of the CF shafts, and the 12.9 REVO has the lowest deflection of all, IMO. And also the hardest hit