TCOM,again

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To those who didn't like it, do you blame Cruise's performance, and who do you think would have been better? Or are you arbitrarily comparing it to "The Hustler"?

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Me personally liked it..........

I read the book a few times and LOVE it!!!!! Curious if they would have made the movie from the book how it would have been!

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
cajunbarboxplyr said:
Me personally liked it..........

I read the book a few times and LOVE it!!!!! Curious if they would have made the movie from the book how it would have been!

it was alright, they shouldve based it on the book though.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Now I do agree that there are a few things they could have changed or done to have made TCOM better no doubt there.... But for what it was. It was ok in my opinion

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Compared to The Hustler, The Color of Money was a cartoon, imho- not saying it wasn't fun to watch, but it doesn't have soul.

The Hustler was also a much better book (also imho:p ).

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fan-tum said:
To those who didn't like it, do you blame Cruise's performance, and who do you think would have been better? Or are you arbitrarily comparing it to "The Hustler"?

Ben Affleck or Matt Damon. Mainly because they both love the game.

Though I did find this little jewel where Ben admits he missed duck after duck in a pool movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eHTTFhbV4 :embarrassed2:

Here is the clip where he can't sink an 8-ball that is hanging in the pocket. Scroll down to No. 11, the Pool Bloopers: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809356716/trailer

At the end, Ben finally pockets the 8-ball duck hanging in the pocket and shifts his cue from left to right, looking like Vincent who just made a five-railer. Then he cracks up and can't contain his laughter.

Uh, Ben, chalk is cheap! LOL! :D :D :D :D

JAM

Last edited:

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fan-tum said:

Dude let it go! These threads are so stupid. We have seen both, we know both movies, we are OVER IT!!!!! YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT! You should be banned for such a retarded, absurd thread. Like oh we haven't ever discussed The Color Of Money or The Hustler on AtoZ billiards, this is a totally new subject, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BROADENING OUR FKG HORIZONS.

Last edited:

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
the colour of money was a decent film - nothing brilliant but it was good. and i do think it's better than the hustler as well - although i bet that's blasphemous to say!

the hustler was all atmosphere but a bit slow and boring i think...

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
JAM said:
Here is the clip where he can't sink an 8-ball that is hanging in the pocket. Scroll down to No. 11, the Pool Bloopers: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809356716/trailer

At the end, Ben finally pockets the 8-ball duck hanging in the pocket and shifts his cue from left to right, looking like Vincent who just made a five-railer. Then he cracks up and can't contain his laughter.

Jeez, no wonder they always show hangers in pool movies, high production costs!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PKM said:
Jeez, no wonder they always show hangers in pool movies, high production costs!

LOL! :grin: :grin: :grin: I thought that was so funny. When he finally did make the duck for the first time, he then scratched! :eek:

JAM

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replacement for Tom Cruise

Replace Cruise with Bucktooth.

:grin-square: :yikes: :yikes::grin-square:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
second best

Ignoring a few shorts and series episodes TCOM is the second best pool movie I have ever seen. If it wasn't presented as a sequel to The Hustler it wouldn't get hammered nearly as badly. It invites comparison and there simply isn't any. If it was a horse race, The Hustler first, TCOM six lengths back, the rest of the field distanced.

I do like the Klugman Twilight Zone episode but oddly enough it was a western that was the best series pool episode I have seen, I think a Gunsmoke.

Hu

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
I like TCOM, I first saw it in the theater when I had been playing a few years and was very excited about it, I didn't see The Hustler till later.

We all know The Hustler is the untimate but TCOM is good too IMHO.

(but I am easily entertained)

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Ben Affleck or Matt Damon. Mainly because they both love the game.

Though I did find this little jewel where Ben admits he missed duck after duck in a pool movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eHTTFhbV4 :embarrassed2:

Uh, Ben, chalk is cheap! LOL! :D :D :D :D

JAM
that's hilarious! I'm not sure I ever played that bad! lol
Jeremy

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
The whole thing about TCOM is that Tom Cruise played the cocky kid to perfection. Thats what made the movie IMO. That and Newman playing the seasoned veteran that tried to teach Cruise how to turn it on and off. The Hustler is a classic, but I thought TCOM was good too. JMO.

Southpaw

Str8PoolMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I play with Madness?

worriedbeef said:
the colour of money was a decent film - nothing brilliant but it was good. and i do think it's better than the hustler as well - although i bet that's blasphemous to say!...

blasphemous? No. Insane? Yes.