thinking of converting a play cue...

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
I have a Falcon BS7 with a 13mm shaft that's original to the cue.

I want to put a white diamond tip on it and making it a dedicated break cue.

Is there anything else to it? I've broke with it previously in a pinch and had no issues with the ferrule so would it be a bad idea to tip it and break with it?

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I have a Falcon BS7 with a 13mm shaft that's original to the cue.

I want to put a white diamond tip on it and making it a dedicated break cue.

Is there anything else to it? I've broke with it previously in a pinch and had no issues with the ferrule so would it be a bad idea to tip it and break with it?

Use a hard water buffalo tip instead. The white diamond is a fantastic tip but it will probably pop off.

Kim

the breed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I press water buffalo tips after soaking them in milk like you would a milk dud. warm up milk throw in tip. microwave for 20 seconds and set in fridge for a week then press the living hell out of it in a vice. sand the top bottom and sides of the tip with a rough sand paper before putting in milk. i have one on my break cue, i break hard (25mph) and never had it mushroom or lose shape ever. I only gain about 1 mph using my phenolic shaft versus the leather.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Do I have to worry about the ferrule getting damaged?

I broke a phenolic tip because I break with English, not center ball. I had my break cue retipped with a white diamond and so far so good.

I'll weigh down my BS7 to about a 22-24 oz. Because I like a heavy break cues.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Give one of MadMan's break tips a try. I use one on my break cue and WOW are they hard but still hold chalk.