Niel's vs SVB Race to 100?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I know I'm jumping on "the next big thing" (after Niels just won world) but I believe if they played right now SVB would have all he could handle and maybe more. Johnnyt

PS: Playing 10 ball winner breaks.

Last edited:

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Neils had a good run this week, but he has no chance in the long run against Shane and about 5-10 others that had an earlier exit in the wpc.

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Svb vs Niels would be awesome match but I dont see it coming anytime soon,Niels is happy family man with second baby coming soon and he has nothing to prove in pool world having won both world 9b and 14-1 championship so his gambling priorities are set really low atm i guess ;)

Sent from my MB632 using Tapatalk 2

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a pointless thread.

Who cares? Niels is world champion. He went there, made his way through a true international field and came out on top. People need to give credit where it's due and stop with the gaffy, "Shane beats anyone in his favourite game, favourite format, blah, blah, blah..." nonsense.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe a long race 9 ball alternate break would be more appropriate and possibly more tempting for neils

UpMySleeves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neils beat Shane 11-8 at last year's DCC in 10-ball, Winner break on a 10 footer. Would it really be such a blowout if they played to 100? I think it would be a great match. Shane has some proven endurance with long races, but Neils can play straight pool for hours and make huge runs, so his endurance cannot be underestimated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zblhd7Y7C0

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I'm jumping on "the next big thing" (after Niels just won world) but I believe if they played right now SVB would have all he could handle and maybe more. Johnnyt

That would be a nice matchup, but I don't think Niels Feijen needs to prove his mettle against our Boy Wonder.
As we know Niels is a proven champion, what with his two World Titles—and the yardstick IS the world titles now.

But I agree with you, Niels wouldn't have to like it against SVB in ANY race, regardless of length.
But that goes for any other champion.

If the real issue here is simply throwing SVB at someone just for the sake of proving his worth,
I don't think that's necessary. SVB will get his world title someday. He's only 30 years old.
Still young. Niels is late 30s.

RELATED TRIVIA: The oldest world champion in ANY sport is one Fred Davis.
He won (and retained) the professional billiards title in 1980 at the age of 67.

Look it up for yourself.
If one has the talent, drive, means, and health, then there is no reason why
a professional pool player can't win any title well into his 60s, 70s and beyond.
The Golden bear won the Masters at age 46 SVB HAS TIME, FOLKS!!

Let's put this in another light —and this in no way puts down former champions whatsoever—
but if SVB were playing in the 70s, 80s, or 90s he would have won a few World Championships, guaranteed.
Why? Because when Earl, Johnny, et al. were winning these world titles the overall competition wasn't even close to what it is today.
SVB has to contend with players from Asia, Europe, and small pockets here and there AND the competition is only going to get tougher.

SVB is more than capable of winning a world title.
Although SVB himself says it's more difficult to play overseas,
I don't buy that as the reason for his inability (so far) to win the big ones.
The competition is simply too damn tough.

Last edited:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neils is one of the world's best and would play close, I'm not convinced SVB is the single greatest on earth that some make him out to be

a single race to 100 would be sweet, but would not tell us alot, fatigue plays a big part in those races

I would prefer multiple races to 25 or so over a couple months

those single long races are fun but not a be all end all, not even close, see orculluo vs yang

as long as i've been watching the game, only 2 guys imo ever separated themselves from he rest of the pack, earl and efren, the 2 best ever imo

put either of em against svb right now for 100k and i still like their chances

svb and orcullo could be that next great tandem imo but have alot to prove still

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Niels does not have the long race experience like Shane does. It carries a suite of mental challenges unique to a long set. The mental side is more of a determinant than the physical at this level. Shane would most likely win handily. Case in point, try to make a bet against him, you couldn't do it.

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
money games missing from pool

It would be more than interesting money games (winner break format) ,races to 31 or more,10 ball and players put in their own money and/or money bets via internet(pay pall) but the pool authorities(if there are any) are promoting the amateur game.(imo even the WPA act not for the pro players (see alternate break)but for amateurs(which is not a bad thing, but tv -money commercials will come only from the pros)

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels does not have the long race experience like Shane does. It carries a suite of mental challenges unique to a long set. The mental side is more of a determinant than the physical at this level. Shane would most likely win handily. Case in point, try to make a bet against him, you couldn't do it.

I actually think nails is stronger mentally than svb...

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
that would be a great match, considering both players are in top shape right now. but whatever the result would be, i dont think it will change anything - Niels Feijen is still the champion of the world.
Efren beat Alcano 25-7 in a money match the day after Ronnie won the title in 2006. it didnt change anything.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
I want to see this also. Wanted to see this for awhile. I agree and think nails is mentally stronger than Shane. He's a straight pool monster and rules the Europe tours all the time. If it happens it will be a classic battle.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How about playing 10 ball race to 100 and 14-1 race to 1500? Why play Shane's favorite game and not Niel's ?
Or Shane plays Li He Wen or Gareth Potts chinese 8-ball.
Or plays the russian guy ( forgot his name lol) some Russian Pyramid ?
Or plays Alex or Chris some snooker ?
Or plays me badminton ? I gonna bet whatever he wants lol.

Give those champions some credits, Shane is just one of them.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....Or Shane plays Li He Wen or Gareth Potts chinese 8-ball? Or plays the russian guy (forgot his name lol) some Russian Pyramid? Or plays Alex or Chris some snooker? Or plays me badminton? I('m) gonna bet whatever he wants lol.
Give those champions some credit, Shane is just one of them.

Hear, hear! Well said.
You have captured the idea on how silly it is to want to match up champions at any time simply for the sake of the "I am better than you at this or that" argument.

I've had enough of this particular thread.
I will repair to my kitchen now and cook some good food...

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
you're right...it didn't...

that would be a great match, considering both players are in top shape right now. but whatever the result would be, i dont think it will change anything - Niels Feijen is still the champion of the world.
Efren beat Alcano 25-7 in a money match the day after Ronnie won the title in 2006. it didnt change anything.

Efren was the best before Alcano won the world title and he was still the best afterwards... None of that changed anything.

Jaden

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I think Niels would need 15 to 20 games going to 100, Shane's 10-Ball break is simply too good, break and run percentage over 50% is just too much to fade for anyone.
I have and will bet on Niels in just about any tournament match but long race 10-Ball there is no doubt who is king of the hill.

gr. Dave

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neils beat Shane 11-8 at last year's DCC in 10-ball, Winner break on a 10 footer. Would it really be such a blowout if they played to 100? I think it would be a great match. Shane has some proven endurance with long races, but Neils can play straight pool for hours and make huge runs, so his endurance cannot be underestimated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zblhd7Y7C0

Just a correction, 2014 Bigfoot, Shane defeated Neils in the final 11-7

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a pointless thread.

Who cares? Niels is world champion. He went there, made his way through a true international field and came out on top. People need to give credit where it's due and stop with the gaffy, "Shane beats anyone in his favourite game, favourite format, blah, blah, blah..." nonsense.
+++1

How about playing 10 ball race to 100 and 14-1 race to 1500? Why play Shane's favorite game and not Niel's ?
Or Shane plays Li He Wen or Gareth Potts chinese 8-ball.
Or plays the russian guy ( forgot his name lol) some Russian Pyramid ?
Or plays Alex or Chris some snooker ?
Or plays me badminton ? I gonna bet whatever he wants lol.

Give those champions some credits, Shane is just one of them.
+++1

What an insult to the newly crowned world 9 ball champion.
Would not even offer to play Niels in games he has done well like 9 ball which he just become world champ or 8 ball which he was twice finalist or straight pool which he was world champ. Only offer to play 10 ball with Shane's winners format. So if Niels decline then woof that Niels is coward and loser?
This thread is nonsense.
Niels has nothing to prove.
We know that Shane and most Shanesters are decent people, it is those few fanatical Shanesters who want to win at any cost

TED-4651_-_Copy.jpg

Go go Niels. You are the new World 9 ball Champ. Playing long races to 1000000 cannot take that away. :thumbup: