**** SHE-SHARKS Shooting Scheduled for March

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Things seem to be heating up with the SHE-SHARKS show, as I just heard that filming is scheduled for mid-March down in Florida. I’ve been a fan of this show concept since the beginning because I happen to be a stone-cold sucker when it comes to watching women gamble, just as I’m a stone-cold sucker watching my girl Ronda Rousey drop chicks on their heads. It’s good to see women pool players step into the spotlight and rise to the occasion since men clearly aren’t interesting enough. It’s “drama” that sells and it’s drama that will make someone watch pool --- end of story.

I wanted to post this filming heads-up in a separate thread because I didn’t want the above to get lost in the shuffle. In reading a few other posters voice their concerns about how “real” this "reality show" will be, I can only ask myself: really?

There’s no such thing, people ---- Rick Harrison isn't surprised when ANYTHING walks through his door on camera, Dave Hester knew EXACTLY what he was bidding on before screaming, “YUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!” Basically, any damn thing that gets video-taped with a high-dollar production crew knows what they're filming before they get there, unless you’re filming a sport, a courthouse or CSPAN. I mean, just look at the redneck Duck Dynasty guy who invented a duck call that instead of going "QUACK" went “QUACK MOTHERF#($*ING QUAAAAACK!!!” --- there was nothing he said one time that was off-the-cuff….even when he knocked the Christmas tree over, dude did that on purpose. Next thing ya know, it's #1 on TV. Hate to run through everyone’s bubble garden with a pin.

The fact that pool for ONCE has a legit chance of hitting prime time TELEVISION… is that not a coup d’etat in the grand scheme of things? Pool as a sport is SO boring that we don’t even watch our OWN crap as players, real or not. I really believe the show has a good chance of getting non-players to tune-in… and that’s what matters in order to grow our sport. And speaking of real or not: What’s the difference between a scripted reality series (i.e. “business as usual") versus watching “a certain well-known gambler” manage side bets and fixing the middle match that you think is on the square? What’s the difference? The answer is: there isn't a difference. It's all drama, it's all fun and I love watching it all.

In looking at the crew of chosen women, they really couldn’t have chosen a better lot and they certainly couldn’t have chosen more “drama-filled” personalities, THAT’S for sure. After 20-something years, guys haven’t been able to get the job done so I’m energized to support these girls and listen to their chirping. It’s a good sign when Mark Basile, CEO of Axius Entertainment, was at the Women’s 10-ball last month in NYC getting things stirred up. I wish him the best because I really think this show is a stone-cold winner as it beats the dogshit out of crab fishing and locker picking, fo sho.

Dave

P.S. – I’m rooting for Rachael Abbink because I’m a fan of hot soccer moms everywhere, especially ones who gamble:
http://www.axiusent.com/#!she-sharks/c1zc7

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things seem to be heating up with the SHE-SHARKS show, as I just heard that filming is scheduled for mid-March down in Florida. I’ve been a fan of this show concept since the beginning because I happen to be a stone-cold sucker when it comes to watching women gamble, just as I’m a stone-cold sucker watching my girl Ronda Rousey drop chicks on their heads. It’s good to see women pool players step into the spotlight and rise to the occasion since men clearly aren’t interesting enough. It’s “drama” that sells and it’s drama that will make someone watch pool --- end of story.

I wanted to post this filming heads-up in a separate thread because I didn’t want the above to get lost in the shuffle. In reading a few other posters voice their concerns about how “real” this "reality show" will be, I can only ask myself: really?

There’s no such thing, people ---- Rick Harrison isn't surprised when ANYTHING walks through his door on camera, Dave Hester knew EXACTLY what he was bidding on before screaming, “YUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!” Basically, any damn thing that gets video-taped with a high-dollar production crew knows what they're filming before they get there, unless you’re filming a sport, a courthouse or CSPAN. I mean, just look at the redneck Duck Dynasty guy who invented a duck call that instead of going "QUACK" went “QUACK MOTHERF#($*ING QUAAAAACK!!!” --- there was nothing he said one time that was off-the-cuff….even when he knocked the Christmas tree over, dude did that on purpose. Next thing ya know, it's #1 on TV. Hate to run through everyone’s bubble garden with a pin.

The fact that pool for ONCE has a legit chance of hitting prime time TELEVISION… is that not a coup d’etat in the grand scheme of things? Pool as a sport is SO boring that we don’t even watch our OWN crap as players, real or not. I really believe the show has a good chance of getting non-players to tune-in… and that’s what matters in order to grow our sport. And speaking of real or not: What’s the difference between a scripted reality series (i.e. “business as usual") versus watching “a certain well-known gambler” manage side bets and fixing the middle match that you think is on the square? What’s the difference? The answer is: there isn't a difference. It's all drama, it's all fun and I love watching it all.

In looking at the crew of chosen women, they really couldn’t have chosen a better lot and they certainly couldn’t have chosen more “drama-filled” personalities, THAT’S for sure. After 20-something years, guys haven’t been able to get the job done so I’m energized to support these girls and listen to their chirping. It’s a good sign when Mark Basile, CEO of Axius Entertainment, was at the Women’s 10-ball last month in NYC getting things stirred up. I wish him the best because I really think this show is a stone-cold winner as it beats the dogshit out of crab fishing and locker picking, fo sho.

Dave

P.S. – I’m rooting for Rachael Abbink because I’m a fan of hot soccer moms everywhere, especially ones who gamble:
http://www.axiusent.com/#!she-sharks/c1zc7

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!

This is SO silly, I love it..!
Even the theme tune is annoyingly catchy
:thumbup:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm not sure which one I want to play but I will wait and let the director pick one out for me. I might have a little trouble with Jeanette, just sayin......UNLESS, I pull the bait and switch on her and even then I might have to struggle a bit but I like my chances playing......hold it; no more ammunition for those SHE - SHARKS!.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
It's either Orlando or Jacksonville... I forget which. I'll ask Blair and bump the thread. Regardless, if you head down, let me know and I might neander down myself.

That's what they need. A bunch of us AZBers with jobs and MONEY to lose. :D:D

I don't think I would be a sore loser. :grin:

JoeyA

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That's what they need. A bunch of us AZBers with jobs and MONEY to lose. :D:D

I don't think I would be a sore loser. :grin:

JoeyA
Exaaaactly. They can all get my money and I'll even shake their...errrm...give them a big hug at the end of the match because I'm classy like that.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
OK, I think this is a great idea but one of my biggest pet peeves lately in pool is all the crappy web sites. Seriously?!?!? This is 2015 and you have a TV show so maybe you can spend more than $3.99 a month for a hosting service with a web template from 8 years ago.

I am not sure who did that site but please have them go back to making coffee. My guess is that it was either some administrative assistant who did it between signing for the FedEx guy and making copies or it was outsourced. Either way, you need to go out and get yourself a fat caucasian kid with a neck beard and a black t-shirt NOW!

Lots to point out but here are some highlights:

1. Poor url.
2. Site not using responsive ui design. More users using mobile devices every day. That's a big segment of your market.
3. Annoying music that can't easily be turned off.
4. Really bad gallery. Some of the pictures actually look like they came from someone's cell phone.
5. Social media links broken. So much for "liking" it to increase exposure. Also, you should have context aware social media links anyway.

The color scheme isn't horrible but someone missed the chapter on branding in their marketing course.

The text content is ok as long as you dial back the excessive use of "quotes".

Then again, I'm just a C player so what do I know.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I think this is a great idea but one of my biggest pet peeves lately in pool is all the crappy web sites. Seriously?!?!? This is 2015 and you have a TV show so maybe you can spend more than $3.99 a month for a hosting service with a web template from 8 years ago.

I am not sure who did that site but please have them go back to making coffee. My guess is that it was either some administrative assistant who did it between signing for the FedEx guy and making copies or it was outsourced. Either way, you need to go out and get yourself a fat caucasian kid with a neck beard and a black t-shirt NOW!

1. Poor url.
2. Site not using responsive ui design. More users using mobile devices every day. That's a big segment of your market.
4. Really bad gallery. Some of the pictures actually look like they came from someone's cell phone.
5. Social media links broken. So much for "liking" it to increase exposure. Also, you should have context aware social media links anyway.

The color scheme isn't horrible but someone missed the chapter on branding in their marketing course.

I'm going to have to agree with everything your posted here.
I was in the entertainment industry for six years, and when we went public with a production, everything had to be at it's very best. First impressions are everything, and each day a substandard site is public increases the probability of losing interested parties.

Definitely had to be some branding, in terms of color scheme or at least a logo.

But that being said, I commend the producer and production company for bringing the project to fruition. This will be fun.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

1. Poor url.

I'm sure if they hired you, they'd have a site that was slicker than deer guts on a glass door knob. You might want to submit a resume.

I'd cut them a little slack... they just formalized the cast a few days ago. I'm sure they'll get around to the site.

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brickyard Billiards and White Diamond Billiards

Both are having big events where there is big action starting in March at Brickyard Billiards in Indy and White Diamond Diamond Billiards in Lafayette in April. I am hoping so...I plan on playing in both events and it would be pretty cool to see. Jeanette Lee has gotten into action at the event in Indy in the past.