SS 360 Shaft Review and Comparison to Z2 and Pro X

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the SS360 shaft is a great shaft. imo it plays how the old predator shafts used to play. before they went to crap. firm to stiff wich is really cool considering the longer taper and has a nice tonk sound/feel when you hit a ball with it

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've been searching for the right LD shaft for 6 months now and tested all of them ( except the cuechanger ) .
The SS360 is by far the best shaft when you're a fan of low deflection , try it and you will be amazed .
but i warn you once you tested it you will buy one , thats how good this shaft is .

Last edited:

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, some 4 years later, is anyone still using this shaft, still has one, still available, people still looking for them, price went up or down. Is there any new news on the SS360 shaft?

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play with the SS360/2 it is a good shaft for me. Better feel than some others I've tried or own. Maybe $180 at Seyberts in common sizes.

Last edited:

MalibuMike

Banned
LD Shafts, Tiger Pro-X Hands down!

I order my Tiger Pro-X's with a slightly larger (Carom) tip 12.35mm, instead of the 11.75, ask Tiger they will do it at no extra charge. No LD Shaft comes close.
Next is my Schon Runde Micarta solid maple shafts, its all about the wood!

Attachments

• 1458112516645.jpg
    1458112516645.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 744
  • 20150425_172032.jpg
    20150425_172032.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 671
  • user71166_pic15552_1436387875.jpg
    user71166_pic15552_1436387875.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 660
  • 20141202_225704.jpg
    20141202_225704.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 650
  • 14171978_10208317767675391_617445694_n.jpg
    14171978_10208317767675391_617445694_n.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 663

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, some 4 years later, is anyone still using this shaft, still has one, still available, people still looking for them, price went up or down. Is there any new news on the SS360 shaft?

if (the shaft ) was that great dont you think it would have been posted in the last 4 years??
just sayin
:grin:

Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A resounding YES! on the Tiger shafts.
They're all good. From the solid to the LDs.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if (the shaft ) was that great dont you think it would have been posted in the last 4 years??
just sayin
:grin:

There have been a few other posts over the years with pretty positive reviews. I happen to like them. Bob is a good guy with a quality product. He can also do custom joint ring matching for you.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a SS360 shaft. I got it back when this thread was current. I think it is an excellent shaft. Hits amazing. Deflection is about the same as the Tiger LD shafts (which I consider medium LD shafts). Feel and playability wise, the shaft is excellent. Things like a 314-2 or OB Classic Plus definitely have lower deflection, but don't really hit quite as nice. I haven't tried the SS360-2, but I understand it is much lower deflection. I love the long pro taper.

KMRUNOUT

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
The ss360 2 is a good shaft. It compares pretty well to my original 314. The deflection seems to be close to identical.

You can buy the ss360 2 much cheaper than a 314^3. It's a very good value. When comparing to my 314 original shaft, the ss360 2 seems to have a slightly softer hit. I've replaced the ferrule with a harder one on my 314, so that may be the reason. Otherwise, I can switch back and forth without noticing too much of a difference. I don't own the ss360 2, it belongs to my buddy, but overall I'd recommend it. Especially if you want a 314, but maybe prefer a slightly different diameter, for example, as they can be customized.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would you user/creator say that the SS360 is a "players" shaft? More tailored to a person who can tell the feel of a cue rather than just saying that they "like the hit" "oh i get plenty of english with it, i can draw the hell out of the ball" and the like. I feel that most don't know about deflection or the difference in a cue and as a result get luck when they find a cue who's deflection happen to collide with their own playing style/flaws.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would you user/creator say that the SS360 is a "players" shaft? More tailored to a person who can tell the feel of a cue rather than just saying that they "like the hit" "oh i get plenty of english with it, i can draw the hell out of the ball"

I have two of those SS shafts (one original and one 360-2) and I would not say that at all.
To me all those LDs feel the same with just minor differences between them.
If you want that feel you're talking about I would say the Tiger LDs come closest, after that the Mezz.
I also have a brand new 314-3 that I just last week and it feels very good......as LDs go. Nothing matches a solid shaft though.
The 360-2 definitely deflects a whole heck of a lot more than the 314, and the original 360 even more.
Both have a Triangle tip.

Last edited:

mic777

Registered
I have a 360/2 (12.75), a 360/P (11.75) and on order a four pointer + extension from BD cues with one 360/2 (12.50) and 360/P (11.75), all shafts with Bob's standard (not pro) taper. I have tried a couple of LD and shafts before, a couple of solid ones, never tried a Tiger X Pro and I guess I never will. I've found my equipment. It's everything I want from a shaft playwise - feeling, deflection, built quality and I'm absolutely positive the butt will only add to it. I don't know how he does it but he nailed it. Thanks Bob (thumbs up).

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 360/2 (12.75), a 360/P (11.75) and on order a four pointer + extension from BD cues with one 360/2 (12.50) and 360/P (11.75), all shafts with Bob's standard (not pro) taper. I have tried a couple of LD and shafts before, a couple of solid ones, never tried a Tiger X Pro and I guess I never will. I've found my equipment. It's everything I want from a shaft playwise - feeling, deflection, built quality and I'm absolutely positive the butt will only add to it. I don't know how he does it but he nailed it. Thanks Bob (thumbs up).

I think Bob's shafts are ok as far as build quality, assuming you like ld's,
but his overall build quality for his ques is very much sub standard.
At least the cue I have.
It is horribly made.
I never felt like complaining to him because once your order is in it's
virtually impossible to get a hold of him.
Everything is ok until then.
There isn't a single joint that isn't coming apart on the butt section of the
cue I got from him. Nothing matches.
It's very bad craftsmanship.

taylor9ball

Registered
I absolutely LOVE my SS360 shaft. I previously played with a 314 and made the switch about two years ago. It's definitely improved my ability to pocket balls while using extreme amounts of English and I've been far more successful in tournament play. I couldn't be happier with my BD Cue and my SS360 shaft and I'm always forcing people to try my cue so they can see the difference for themselves :)

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally out of the LDs I prefer Mezz 700 over the 360.
It's a lot "smoother" somehow and has about the same deflection properties.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The SS360/2 i got from Seyberts was smooth as glass. Very well made. It was not quite as low-defl. as my OB Classic+ but close.

Last edited:

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received an email yesterday from Seyberts telling me there was an error on their website and the shaft is not in stock. 4-6 week lead time. I heard that same story last year when I tried to purchase it. So it looks like no ss360/2 shaft for me.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received an email yesterday from Seyberts telling me there was an error on their website and the shaft is not in stock. 4-6 week lead time. I heard that same story last year when I tried to purchase it. So it looks like no ss360/2 shaft for me.
What joint did you order? I got a 5/16x14 w/silver ring in about 3days from them. Just call Bob direct and have him make you one.