14:1 instructional DVD

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Best one in my opinion is available on accu-stats.

How to run a rack, and how to run 100 by Jim Rempe.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Video

I am not an instructor but I did make a few instructional videos to the best of my capabilities because a few friends here on the 14.1 Forum had asked me some time back to do so..... I think they came out well and hopefully they might help a few... I have received many complements from players from all over the world for which I extremely appreciate...… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQJZ_EE8qk

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recommend Jim Rempe too!!! I also enjoy Grady Mathews’ video.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
... how to run 100 by Jim Rempe.

This is the gold standard of straight pool instruction. Thinking along with all-time great Jim Rempe will develop your straight pool instincts very constructively and very productively.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not an instructor but I did make a few instructional videos to the best of my capabilities because a few friends here on the 14.1 Forum had asked me some time back to do so..... I think they came out well and hopefully they might help a few... I have received many complements from players from all over the world for which I extremely appreciate...… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQJZ_EE8qk

Good video, thanks.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
How about a free 2 hour video lesson With Danny Diliberto?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkHVnwT9Uw
If you watch this and pay attention, you'll get tons of tips on how to properly play the game.
If you want to buy a tape there is the "Grady Mathews break shots and key balls". Highly recommended. All of Gradys stuff is, btw.
The Mike Sigel video mentioned earlier is also recommended, though the Diliberto video will show you more about how to actually PLAY than the two others. Pay no attention to Danny missing shots. Listen to what he says and in particular pay attention to how he uses protection balls whenever he goes into clusters. This game is more like a "Craft" than many others. You must learn how hard to go into balls and how much spin and power to use. The Diliberto video will show you some of this, the rest you must learn by practise.

Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thumbs Up!

All videos mention in the above comments are great!... I've watched them all a few times over & over... There is something important to learn from all of them.... Also watch 14.1 matches.... The best matches to learn from are matches that are the neck & neck ones.. Where both players come to the table a lot. This way one can observe defensive play along with offense. Good Luck to everyone in making your game better.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the most important, in my opinion, is Phil Capelle's Break Shot Patterns book/DVD combination. Shows how various professionals shoot the LAST FIVE BALLS up to and including the break ball. Using both together is recommended.
The Rempe videos are very good also.

Last edited: