Changing a 10' snooker table to pool

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What steps are involved in this? Old Brunswick

Can measurements be sent and parts fabricated, or do you need to be on-site?

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

It’s like converting a NHRA drag strip race car to race on a circle track...
You basically have to start over if you want it up to today’s standards...

Rob.M

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my guess, you want to shoot with a pack of Centennials.

ball size which means Rail Height, then pocket size (i'm not a mechanic)

I would think you could do this mail order

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my guess, you want to shoot with a pack of Centennials.

ball size which means Rail Height, then pocket size (i'm not a mechanic)

I would think you could do this mail order[/QUOTE New rails, pockets etc. Won't be cheap or easy. Going to pool profile cushions can make a good table for golf tho. I've seen this done a few times. Using pool balls on snooker cushions is doable but your bank angles are really different.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
First problem, snooker rails are thinner than pool rails!!

I understand. I just want an idea of what needs to be done to see if it is worth getting one of these converted. Walnut rails on an old Centennial.

Can the rails be removed and shipped, or would you need to be present at the table?

General cost on the conversion would also be helpful, whether done by you or if anyone wants to answer here or privately. I just want to make sure I'm not way over budget on this and stuck with a snooker table before going to get it

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I understand. I just want an idea of what needs to be done to see if it is worth getting one of these converted. Walnut rails on an old Centennial.

Can the rails be removed and shipped, or would you need to be present at the table?

General cost on the conversion would also be helpful, whether done by you or if anyone wants to answer here or privately. I just want to make sure I'm not way over budget on this and stuck with a snooker table before going to get it

Call Mark Gregory, he's your best bet for the work, ask him all your questions.

Mark 770-548-4292

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When life gives you a snooker table, play snooker!

Seriously, it's a great game, and there are far too few snooker tables in the U.S.

That said, the easiest way to play pool on this would be to get a set of pool balls made for snooker tables.

What size snooker balls? (I assume 2 1/8", standard size.)

A 2" pool ball would probably play well, since snooker pockets are proportionately tighter than pool pockets.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When life gives you a snooker table, play snooker!

Seriously, it's a great game, and there are far too few snooker tables in the U.S.

That said, the easiest way to play pool on this would be to get a set of pool balls made for snooker tables.

What size snooker balls? (I assume 2 1/8", standard size.)

A 2" pool ball would probably play well, since snooker pockets are proportionately tighter than pool pockets.
American snooker balls are 2-1/8, Brit balls are 2-1/16. You can play pool on it no problem. It will bank kinda weird due to the rails but you figure it out quik enuff.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would vote to keep it original. Snooker is a great game! I enjoyed the heck out it when I used to play at “The Pool Hall” in Denver/Aurora CO. Another great pool hall that probably is no longer open.

Last edited: