Closest thing to moori original?

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a customer today ask me about a moori original tip
Never having played with one I dont even know where to begin. I found some on Ebay for upwards of 50 dollars a piece however unsure of they're the real deal or not.

So is there a suggestion I could make to him to try that would be the same or similar to the original moori layered tips

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moori is still around, why not go for the original or the new Coral or Garnet tips?
G2 or Navigator Automatic are both kinda similar to Moori.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want an original Moori that is definitely the real deal I have a few for $60 each.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about Dennis Searing's Precision tips?

I contacted him recently, he is expecting new stock by Friday and all I have heard about them is good.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seyberts.com sell Moori's for 10 bucks each

Attachments

• moori_1539273800_moori_850.jpg
    moori_1539273800_moori_850.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The whole point is to avoid paying 60 bucks for the tip alone.

I appreciate the offer though

You will never play with anything that plays like an original Moori. G2 is not a bad place to go to for a less expensive option, but is still not identical. The next best option is second generation Moori tips. They usually bring anout $25 to $30 if you can find them.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Why would you want to expend energy searching for an over priced obsolete tip........... when there are many better tips at a lower cost???

Kim

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you want to expend energy searching for an over priced obsolete tip........... when there are many better tips at a lower cost???

Kim

Cause you can't brag to your buddies about that expensive tip that has made your game 2 balls better! They are the NUTS. Personally I still like older LePro's but I am an old fashioned kinda guy.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Kim

This post caught my attention. Moori was the standard all others were held to when new brands came out. Then the original Moori tips were what the newer Moori tips were compared to and usually in a negative way for the newer generations of tips. I do not say they are better or worse tips now as far as how something plays. Judging how tips play is up to the player pushing the cue. Many tips have a unique hit and the original Moori is one of them. I am curious why you say there are many better tips now? I can say there are many great tips at a lower cost, but what makes either better?

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kim

Maybe for the same reason they buy nice expensive cues instead of just picking a good straight one off the wall. After all, we all know it's the Indian not the arrow.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe for the same reason they buy nice expensive cues instead of just picking a good straight one off the wall. After all, we all know it's the Indian not the arrow.

Wrong, wrong, wrong - This is a cuemaker's forum - so it is the ARROW that makes all the difference!!
:p

James Sarenich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a cue maker. TNT Pro Max Medium Pig Skin Layered Cue Tips. These are the closest I have found. When carving them up you would think you are carving up a Moori.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
This post caught my attention. Moori was the standard all others were held to when new brands came out. Then the original Moori tips were what the newer Moori tips were compared to and usually in a negative way for the newer generations of tips. I do not say they are better or worse tips now as far as how something plays. Judging how tips play is up to the player pushing the cue. Many tips have a unique hit and the original Moori is one of them. I am curious why you say there are many better tips now? I can say there are many great tips at a lower cost, but what makes either better?

I judge a tip by..... does it mushroom?....... does it glaze over........ how does it feel......... I have tried 20 or 30 tips...... (lost count)...... Personally, I think that the G2 or the Precision are the best today........... I do have a customer that likes a 40 cent Triangle tip.................. he knows that he has to work on it to keep it playable...... the old standard LePro play nice but not for an extended time............. the Precision and the G2 require very little upkeep....... I wipe mine with a little 220 sand paper a couple times a week............. never glazes over but does harden up after a while like all tips................... never use those nasty little cubes to scuff a tip or it will disappear in a week or 2......... never use a pick or a tapper.......... if you have a good tip, you don't need them

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Triangle should need next to nothing for upkeep if pressed before installing. I have seen LePros still on cues after several years. But the word feel was mentioned in the previous post and that is where the rubber meets the road. And only the individual can decide what feels good.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I drop by here once in awhile. I was curious about discussion. I have played with allot of layered tips never a OG 1st release Moori.

I have played Triangles for last 4 years exclusively unless a cue I purchase comes with a different 'brand new' tip and I will play 10-20 racks before I cut that $25 tip off and install a sub $1 Triangle. They are one of the most maintenance free tip I have ever used.

Have a good weekend,

-Kat,