Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cuetec CF shaft
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-18-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
Do you guys, any of you guys, think there is really a difference in any of the carbon
fiber shafts? or do you all suspect they are all about the same?
Iíve only played my revo and the mezz.. The only difference I could tell was taper and it didnít make that sound a revo does when you hit the ball. Other then that I could have changed over to the mezz really easily. The hit was the same to me..

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

What is the tip on SVB cuetec stick????
Old
  (#17)
Grandslam
AzB Bronze Member
Grandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond reputeGrandslam has a reputation beyond repute

What is the tip on SVB cuetec stick???? - 04-18-2019, 01:29 PM

What comes on the stick

Old
  (#18)
speedy5963
speedy5963
speedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond reputespeedy5963 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-18-2019, 02:23 PM

I had a 12.4 Revo, wasn't bad but didn't feel like it was for me. Picked up a BeCue Prime 12.5 and like it a lot, did swap the tip. I've hit some balls with the Jacoby and Cuetec, Cuetec had a bit more flex than I like with the longer taper. The Jacoby felt good. I still like playing with my maple shafts though.

Email:qstick99@aol.com
Playing Cues: Bluegrass and a Richard Smith Full Splice
Other Cues: Coker, Judd, Mark Bear, Bender/Bear, Predator
Break Cue: Andy Gilbert/Richard Smith
Cases: Jack Justis - Action

Old
  (#19)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1234 View Post
I finally had a chance to hit the Cuetec CF shaft last night. The tip on the shaft was a Kamui black medium. I was shocked the shaft made a tick sound when hit. From my experience this sound is usually due to a poor tip glue up. Any current Cuetec CF users experienced this sound? If so, how were you able to ameliorate this? Thanks.
The 15k cuetec shaft is way different from a revo but very similar to a becue if the becue has a similar diameter and tip type. Revo is also very, very similar to mezz.

Revos hit much, much harder in general and are a lot lower in deflection than cuetec but only a "little" lower than becue when same tip and "on par" with mezz.

It had to be the tip, installer method etc...etc.. because the cuetec, like the becue, hits very soft compared to a revo with same tip..... and will almost never have a ping sound unless it's due to the tip.

I've played every CF production shaft on the market to date "other than" the pechauer. I'm really looking forward to using the pechauer.

Change your tip and ping should go away. If it doesn't, send the shaft back.

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had money, I would probably lose a lot......... inspired by PT

Old
  (#20)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-19-2019, 09:02 AM

Alright, so I had the Revo 12.9 played with it for a couple of months. I didn't care for it
to much, but I think it might have been the size, so I traded it away. It's been about a year
or so. Last night I received my B Cue 12.0, loved it, the size is right, the hit is good.
If I make the transition from an LD wood to this full time it will take a while, but I really like
the B Cue, it just looks odd, but it's a great shaft

Old
  (#21)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Alright, so I had the Revo 12.9 played with it for a couple of months. I didn't care for it
to much, but I think it might have been the size, so I traded it away. It's been about a year
or so. Last night I received my B Cue 12.0, loved it, the size is right, the hit is good.
If I make the transition from an LD wood to this full time it will take a while, but I really like
My first experience with the revo was like what you described, to the letter.

Then, my loving wife bought me a 12.4 revo and it was much better....other than the, as you said "odd" look.

Well, after a short time I adjusted but still missed the "visual" a a white ferrule gave me. So, I gave Ricky a call and tried the becue.

The Becue, to me, well... it was extremely close to the revo 12.4. It had a "little" more deflection but, not enough to make a difference.

On the other hand, the becue "felt" and "sounded" more like a solid wood shaft. Much, much more so than the revo did. It also was better visually.

Alas, I had to stay with the revo 12.4 since my wife bought it as an anniversary gift.

No, I don't like the dog house so, I'm still playing the revo 12.4.

To me, the cuetec/muecci (spelling) are lesser cues than the becue, revo and mezz in CF.

I've not tried the pechauer yet but I have a feeling that it will contend with revo and becue unlike the other brands.

And yes, like a friend of mine says...lol...:

But, but Shane is one of the world's best with the cuetec CF.

Shane is one of the best with "any" shaft. Most all knows that but, that's marketing and nobody beats Predator at marketing strategy.

Rake

Old
  (#22)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I got to try the 12.9 Revo 1st and didn't like it either because of the size. Wrote off the CF right then. Decided to give the 12.4 a try about a year later and absolutely fell in love with it. A little over 2 years now and don't see myself going back to wood. I also have the becue 12.0 and Meucci 12.25 30". Had the Cynergy and sold it. I keep going back to the Revo the most because I got used to completely no ferrule.

Old
  (#23)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2019, 04:36 PM

i wonder if predator will add a ferrule? adding that option would kill some competition

i played with revo 12.4 - kamui ss last weekend, two 10-ball b'n'r right off the bat..great feel in powerful strokes. wanna buy. then tried some one pocket with it - terrible feel and response on touchy shots. it was like night and day. both my playing partner and me were equally puzzled. i don't know what to make of it, maybe buy one for 10-ball/9-ball. but i'm a one shaft kinda guy, for consistency..

Old
  (#24)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2019, 04:55 PM

I bet in another year Predator will offer a new Revo 2.0 shaft to get more buyers.

Old
  (#25)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

04-19-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post
I bet in another year Predator will offer a new Revo 2.0 shaft to get more buyers.
If they offer one that resembles a wood shaft but, performs like the revo 12.4....well, I'm in.

Until then, I'm a revo 1.0 guy..... unless pechauer mans up. We'll see soon enough.

Old
  (#26)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

04-19-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
i wonder if predator will add a ferrule? adding that option would kill some competition

i played with revo 12.4 - kamui ss last weekend, two 10-ball b'n'r right off the bat..great feel in powerful strokes. wanna buy. then tried some one pocket with it - terrible feel and response on touchy shots. it was like night and day. both my playing partner and me were equally puzzled. i don't know what to make of it, maybe buy one for 10-ball/9-ball. but i'm a one shaft kinda guy, for consistency..
It can be done, that's for sure. I believe they will be forced to eventually or lose business in the end.

Not to mention, offer different diameters!

Old
  (#27)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
It can be done, that's for sure. I believe they will be forced to eventually or lose business in the end.

Not to mention, offer different diameters!
I think they still have the 11.8mm in the works. One of these threads I read recently someone got to play a little with the 11.8 Revo. They will make the pad white now if you request. I don't want the ferrule anymore, got so used to not having it now.

Old
  (#28)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

04-19-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
I think they still have the 11.8mm in the works. One of these threads I read recently someone got to play a little with the 11.8 Revo. They will make the pad white now if you request. I don't want the ferrule anymore, got so used to not having it now.
If I had to choose between smaller diameter or white ferrule, I would choose smaller diameter (11.8mm)..... no doubt in my mind.

However, if I could get 11.8 mm and an actual ferrule of 1/4" to 3/8" and the ferrule NOT change the performance, well, I highly doubt I would ever buy anything other than revo....regardless of price.

I'm willing to give more, "if" it's what I "want" instead of this "cookie cutter" cue crap.

hmmm
Old
  (#29)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm - 04-23-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post

Adding a ferrule will change the deflection. Its carbon fiber, you can paint it post production.

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#30)
Shooter08
Runde Aficianado
Shooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond reputeShooter08 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

04-23-2019, 02:20 PM

Has anybody tried a piece of white tape or paint to simulate a ferrule on the Revo. Seems like a possible simple solution, an idea anyway.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: