royal pro for the technical disciplines

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
the greeks have just a strong community of technical players as 3 cushion

here is one balkline players observations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMV...4IpGUyUxaaI8wq_vBtS_CiYXx-9kM6H11EtN2zREZlqlg

TESTING ROYAL PRO 4 - NIKOS SALONITIS (ARTA, GREECE) - CADRE 47/2

After 3 updates, Royal Pro brings the perfect billiard fielt.
I have played all 4 versions of Royal Pro and I will try to describe my experiences (excuse my English).
Version 1 was not successful. It had a lot of problems.
Version 2 was much better; it was “quick” but very “sensitive”. For example, after some time, on the “masse spots” the ball was unstable.
Version 3 solved that problem. The ball runs and stops stably. The only “strange” behavior was the cushion behavior. It was “private”, a little different than Simonis.
Royal Pro 4 solved all problems. I don’t really thing that it needs any other improvement.
Also, Royal Pro 4 has some special advantages:
- It stays in good condition for a long time, much more than any other billiard cloth .
- It doesn’t need heating, in order to give better playing conditions.
- It is very resistant in bad usage.
- It is very resistant in humidity (because it is synthetic).
- It is cheap.
This video is taken in a place with a very big level of humidity. The fielt runs very fast in normal conditions, so you have to keep the table cold.
Another thing I have noticed is that I don’t have “boutage” in Royal Pro 4. With the same balls, cue and chalk, I have a lot of “boutage” on simonis.

I am very happy because a field like this is available. Stability in all billiard parameters, no exaggeration, capability, adoptability in any condition. Actually, a balanced field.
I suggest it to any billiard owner. If you test it, it is sure that you will love it.

i might add that in the humidity of a houston texas garage, it does just fine, even though i have an mini split to help with the heat and cold :)

fine speed for balkline and 1 cushion

a common misunderstanding is that the technical games are played on slow cloth, this is not the case for professional level competition and those of us that constantly study the games, its the same cloth as they play 3c with

Last edited: